Blizz just sent out a survey about TBC

It’s coming. Naysayers, too bad :wink:

40 Likes

A survey implies they are asking for poeples opinions.

So how does that confirm that it’s coming, when there are obviously ‘Naysayers’?

3 Likes

Where was it?

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen

3 Likes

I didn’t get one… probably because I would of said, "you think you do, but you don’t. "

6 Likes

Hyperbole obviously, it’s just clearly in their minds as an option

2 Likes

Lol you’re delusional if you don’t think BC is coming.

How they implement it will decide if they want to keep servers for both Classic and TBC.

27 Likes

check classic wowhead news

2 Likes

If it’s happening, then hope it comes as another server option. Like WoW Classic, WoW TBC Classic and WoW Retail.

Merging the games aren’t a good idea either.

I’m open to the idea of serving different Classic servers as different optinos to serve each niche, and not just have one that progresses though all the wow expansions. Like i said before, there’s no perfect pasta sauce, there’s only perfect pasta sauces.

3 Likes

Ahhh can’t wait for the playerbase to be split between classic servers, tbc servers, and retail (Seems like the most likely approach given how hardcore some of the classic playerbase is with classic staying classic). Very new player-friendly, too. /s

It’s funny, a few months after classic came out you see a bunch of ‘well…classic is great but really, I want TBC because of the raids/arena/(insert improvement to classic here).’

Now watch, we will get BC and you’ll see posts like ‘Well TBC has been awesome but wrath was the peak of wow. 10 million accounts and tons of active players’.

2 Likes

Pservers have run tbc with 1k concurrently from start to finish, player base concerns are nonsensical. There are literally vanilla pservers running with a few hundred players that do just fine. We’ll have more than enough people to accommodate what game mode they want

7 Likes

Ah, I see. Thank you.

They will probably merge clsssic servers to create a healthy population to ensure no dead servers.

2 Likes

Depends on how they go about this. If they just convert all realms to tbc and have you copy your character to new classic realm then they wont need to. Personally, this is what i hope they do.

What this survey tells me is they are looking to find how many people will stay on a Classic realm instead of playing TBC. If more people are going to play TBC they will convert all realms to TBC and make a new classic server for each type and have people copy characters. OR If more people are going to play Classic still then they will leave all realms and have you copy your character to TBC which down the road may result in servers being merged for Classic.

4 Likes

Yeah this is what I hope they do as well…allow people to keep in classic if they wish or progress into tbc. Let the players choose, I will always want to revisit classic on new toons but still want the option to play tbc content.

2 Likes

As long as classic stays classic. I have no desire to play TBC at all but those who want to go ahead. If they completely got rid of classic it would just bring the old incentive for private servers as we played them for classic not others.

7 Likes

I really doubt they’ll ever remove classic. I prefer TBC myself but I would love doing classic content on my 60 toon from time to time even while TBC would be “current”. We should be able to enjoy every expansion and be able to revisit the content we want (similar to how EQ deals with previous expansions)

Yea, theyd never remove classic all together now. If they did id be pissed. But still play TBC and wrath if they choose to go there. But id be extremely upset with BLizzard.

poggers dude

My Suggestion: Allow a one time “Copy” of your lvl 60 character to a TBC server of your choosing. This allows you to keep your character on the Classic locked server while also having the option to continue on one of the new TBC servers.

I really dislike the “Pick One” idea that they are presenting. Transfers are a guaranteed way to sabotage your Classic servers. Copies allow you to continue into TBC without ruining the Classic servers.

10 Likes