Blizz just killed their own game?

I wish the chamber was empty. Maybe it wouldn’t lag so much then.

I’ve been playing a new world trial. It’s pretty fun and could be great if they polish it up in the beta.

…I guess I’m not the only one the ?

I have 15k echoes saved up. Was going to buy my corruptions. Then they announced this.

So now I’m grinding alts to max level so they don’t fall through some stupid “level squish loophole” and get reset to level 20 or something.

Article around the july 8 livestream said specifically 4-6 weeks.

Umm well. When you make your game so anti fun and you need to rely on doing boring things to level up a boring system which does 50% of your damage so your rotation becomes boring and less impactful. Top that on the fact that people naturally go play other games till pre patch.

There is always a lull in activity at the end of an expansion, but good luck getting anyone around here to admit that corruption farming was at least something to do in game when there was nothing else going on.

It was something to do yea, most of the time at this point there is nothing to do lol.

You tell that to the people out here leveling getting in my way

1 Like

I have not been on much since this past Wednesday. Though that is because after my guild finished N’Zoth on Heroic and the pre-patch not far off, I have little reason to get on much for now apart from checking on things every now and then.

I plan on leveling new characters but I am waiting to do that after the level squish.

Well I guess they figure once the pre-patch launches everyone will be involved in that.

To be honest I am kind of surprised people got so heavy into the corruptions knowing they were fleeting. I guess there just wasn’t much else to do.

The game isn’t dead people are just playing different stuff waiting for the new xpac now. I mean I’m personally literally just playing games like SWTOR and GW2 because they are fun for a month or two and they are free. They aren’t fun for longterm like wow but for xpac waits they are a great thing. I suppose many others are doing the same. People will come back.

Boring = Monotonous
Monotonous = Boring

Boring means dull; repetitious; uninteresting
Monotonous mean dull and tedious, esp because of repetition
unvarying in pitch or cadence

This expansion has a cyclical nature to a one dimensional type of content that never really changes… once you do it a couple hundred times (visions, currency, corruptions, etc) people will just grow tired of it while others have just written it off a long time ago.

I like Legion for the reasons you listed but also noticed it had huge replayability of all of it’s raids, dungeons etc, constantly if anything then that of a potential drop for a Legendary.

Alts were busy in the class halls… I think they are trying that formula again in Shadowlands.

OP is really over-exaggerating though, Blizz didn’t kill anything but players’ interest to keep playing BFA which I don’t blame the players but it wasn’t ‘‘corruptions’’. It’s just a flat out burn out of the same few things for many many months. It’s just not that interesting.

1 Like

Haven’t experienced that myself, what I’m seeing is tons of people farming for stuff that is going to be removed permanently. But yes, people tend to not be that invested in expansions that are ending, this is business as usual.

I took my break months ago and advised many others to do the same. Bfa was a miss. And yes corruptions going away in prepatch and not carrying on to shadowlands leveling was a huge reason for my pack of playtime. Therefore the verdict was to leave and play other games until shadowlands drops

They’ve been given feedback for months…

Edit: they aren’t that bad? Every comment I’ve read in there is super concerning. And they are just now asking for specific feedback…2 months from launch. The only real fix is for covenants to not affect gameplay in any way.

Edit 2: yea…the more comments I read in that thread the more my hype for shadowlands dies, and I didn’t think it could die anymore than it already has. The covenant system as is is horrendous, and at this point they don’t really have time to meaningfully change it.

1 Like

Honestly, I hope they take that feedback and make any changes to make each covenant viable for all class/specs.

I don’t know about other people but I always take a break from WoW at this point.

I’m not gonna grind 8.3 and burnout right before the expansion comes out. That would make me dislike Shadowlands.

With the time they have it’s not going to be possible. The complaints in the thread aren’t about simple number tuning, most are about how the abilities fundamentally work. They are going to have to rework a ton of abilities at the very least, and even then will probably not succeed in even most of them being viable, it’ll just change which ones are viable. The only way to fix the covenant system is for them to not affect gameplay at all and have the gameplay systems separate.

Or maybe…just maybe…people have everything they need considering the patch was released 8 months ago?