Blizz, Just Finish Off Multiboxing and Be Done With It

With all of the threads suggesting workarounds to what is clearly the spirit of the new rules, why not just do what you do best and drop a sledgehammer to the problem and completely cut this out of the game once and for all? If multiboxers don’t want to play on a level playing field then that’s their problem and shouldn’t be everyone else’s.

52 Likes

They never banned multiboxing. Only software and mostly for botters.

They make money off of multiboxing.

You might see less of it, but they’re spending more real money to do this. Subs are subs.

13 Likes

Which is why they should just finish it. With threads talking about how to program keyboards to workaround the spirit of the new rules, it’s clear that multiboxing is nothing short of toxic, and if Blizz actually values gameplay experience, then they need to put their money where their mouth is and end it all.

15 Likes

How is it toxic?

9 Likes

But they would very much like the extra multiboxer money they get. Blizzard is a company out to make money and boxers give them extra money so they aren’t going to kill it completely, just apply enough pressure so it makes it look like they are doing something while also not suffocating their little side cash cow too much so they stop buying extra subs.

2 Likes

Can you please elaborate on how multiboxers are extra cash for Blizz, because my understanding is that a huge majority of multiboxers just pay for their subs with gold (WoW tokens) and never spend a dime?

5 Likes

It costs $15 for a sub. Tokens cost $20.

And you still haven’t told me how multiboxing is toxic.

3 Likes

Most do, but some also pay with real money. And that is clearly enough to keep them around.

1 Like

A token that someone else BUYS for $20, which means Blizz is making that money either way.

8 Likes

No, make them squirm!

1 Like

But tokens can also be bought with ingame gold, via easier farms with boxing

Players with an unfair advantage finding ways to control more than one toon with a single keystroke. AKA cheating.

16 Likes

Tokens aren’t free. Someone has to buy one for $20 in order for someone else to get it off the AH. Your comment makes no sense.

6 Likes

The first part of your post didn’t answer my question (although Udoeak did), but to answer “toxic” part, let’s see…

1. Multiboxers devalue the economy
  2. Multiboxers are literally pay-to-win (why have a 1% chance of getting Rustfeather’s mount when I can pay for 5 accounts and quintuple my chances!)
  3. Multiboxers represent a very large unfair playstyle, where one real person can nuke whoever they want with a flock of boomkins, or perform an exponential number of actions, etc.

Do I need to go on?

8 Likes

actually they should ban human male characters with hideous transmog

6 Likes

Still don’t know why multiboxing is a big deal.

2 Likes

It’s short sighted to say they make money. Many people get turned off when encountering multiboxxers degenerate gameplay and quietly fade away.

6 Likes

Really? The ban is just on the key mirroring software. If people are finding ways to get multiboxing to work without the key mirroring software that’s fine.

6 Likes

It is a level playing field. Multiboxing is never going away so enjoy that fact.

3 Likes

is there any other reason for boxing other than farming gold or griefing? cause if there isnt, sounds toxic to the economy and other players to me

11 Likes