Blizz Interview and the "Blizz doesn't care"

It’s not but I will also not not acknowledge that one of WoW’s best competitors does this right. If you want something negative for the sake of this discussion: Every race but the lion race looks like humans in FF14. There, I said it.

Let’s just agree upon this: The game has many issues and because they just swept it under a rug, it slowly becomes a serious problem, especially when they try to explain to itself why the community isn’t never satisfied.

100% this. Scared of discussing things in the council isn’t the way to go.

Their “vision” failed, which is why they need to change everything. Actually, if Ion Hazzikostas had just pulled back one time in the past and asked himself through “do we honor our players with this?” with every feature they put in, the game would been drastically better.

Because it is so hard to put a NPC with requested items into the game or communicate with their playing player base. While I do agree that talking is far more easier than actually doing the deeds, you need also be reminded that they have acknowledged in the past that they were unwillingly to change things due their ego. Ion Hazzikostas blamed the oLd gUaRd for this, although the bigger issues were because of him.

1 Like

I can agree with this assessment.

3 Likes

Mythic+ was the only thing keeping me logging into this game, so I can only speak to that perspective. In my eyes, the developer team could gain a ton of rapport by simply agreeing to some shared standard of performance. Break open the design silos and set performance standards that can be tuned to. With a 5% deviation, you still leave room for unique designs among the talents/specs/classes while helping tamp down the “you have to be META to get in my key” mentality. For the folks like myself who PuG most of their keys, I don’t think the devs really understand how prevalent that mindset is.

As for so many of the other topics that are mentioned, I don’t even know how to come up with an excuse for Blizzard anymore. There are positions at Blizz literally dedicated to gathering community info and presenting it to the devs, so I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the team is being made aware of the wants of the players. Communicate on them for crying out loud. As for me, I read statements like your announcement that you absorbed another studio and added 100 additional developers to the team and wonder what they could possibly be working on. I hope it’s great, because I’ve loved WoW for a very long time, but you folks need a Win and you’re not hitting it at this rate. I hope the feedback makes it to the decision-makers before your devs who actually do all of this work decide to leave.

5 Likes

Blizzard isn’t here to be our friends.

This is just something people say when things like I dont know… covernants lock people to specs for a year and they dont do anything about it. Or that the druid class tree had zero iterations. “Developers dont care” is more of a “Developers are not listening to the community”.

4 Likes

Anybody wanna summarize this for me? Tldr

“when you see someone on the corresponding mount to something they’ve earned, you can identify them as a great dungeon player, great raider, or great PvPer. That’s what we want to keep coming. There’s nothing specific to announce right now, but the goal is to keep evolving those structures. We know that this is where so many people spend their time, and we want to make sure that, once you move into new content and leave gear items behind, the cosmetic rewards that you get — the titles, the transmogs, whatever else — that those last forever.”

Super happy about this. :dracthyr_love_animated:

Seems like the majority of time its only during expansion presales.

1 Like

I just want them to relay information to the customer on these forums…

If they can’t act on feedback then they should say so. “That is a good idea but we can’t do that right now.” At least in the beta forums or the Community Council. They have community managers who can relay this information. They have an occasional updates to relay information. If they did care, they would communicate it on the forums.

2 Likes

Blizzard does have a PR team but the majority of time its just trolls like the one whose name ryhmes with lumanleak.

1 Like

Oh I guarantee ol beaky doesn’t work for Blizzard.

I didn’t say he did

1 Like

Yea considering that paladins got ZERO dev feedback, especially retribution, i call BS on Ion. You dont care, period.

5 Likes

Blizzard does not listen nor care - and rightly so; because the players “ideas” are terrible.

None of theses feel like actual critical problems, just ‘nice to haves’. I would hazard a guess that quite a few players would be relatively indifferent to any of theses, me included. if they were there, cool, if not, no problem either.

I know I won’t personally enjoy Dragonflight solely because it focuses so much on dragons. Don’t want it in my books. Don’t want it in my games.

As for the dev side of things I dunno. Talent trees are ok I suppose. They look crazy difficult to balance but eh you do you Blizzard. And that’s really all I care about lol.

What’s trivial to you isn’t trivial to someone else.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought it was a budget issue myself.

Hello, I see you posted a thread about caring. Blizzard does care! They totally care about the Echo and Limits of the game to the point where it appears the new raid will be overtuned all to heck to appease those guilds, haha! Knowing Blizzard, they won’t get around to fixing it for months either! See, they care, they just don’t care about the majority of the playerbase!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

2 Likes

The new UI, and Dragon riding are back there waving.

They grabbed em both, from other MMO’s.