Blizz Interview and the "Blizz doesn't care"

I feel bad for the new developers who have all the passion for the game and know what’s going on with the community and simply have not the power to change things, because the top tier, like Mr. No Transmog, cannot fathom why nobody likes counting beans. I’m sorry Ion, but it’s pretty obvious at this point that the decision makers need to go or have a genuine change of heart, without blaming the “old guard” for established norms and what needs to be changed.

WoW is supposed to be about the immersion, not about Diablo systems to bind player. If you need hidden manipulative mechanics to bind players until they drop out due burnout, then you lack the understanding what WoW is for the majority of players. Motivate players with actual great evergreen systems to encourage and reward players in trying everything out. Races, classes, trying out and doing everything. Being loyal and having fun should be the reward, not a forced faction system and/or equipment.

16 Likes

That’s some pretty tinfoil stuff, my guy

10 Likes

Cosmetics stuffs is dont care for me. Of course, i would rather have Devs to focus more on my gameplay issues than to focus on these trivial stuffs.

Yup, i am a kind of a different player which Blizzard is also listening too.

About other MMOs, WoW doesnt need to benchmark them. WoW is being benchmarked by them not the other way around. Again, i rather have Blizz focus more on gameplay stuffs not on cosmetic trivial stuffs.

About mounts, there are already gazillion mounts in the game. Shadowlands have tons of these… play it to find out. And you want more? You want to talk about stuffs from old Expansions? Hey, you didnt get it before, move on. Cosmetic trivial stuffs again… if i were Blizz, tell these people to shutup. Tell them that you are low priority as gameplay issues is where your focus is.

I am unhappy with some minor aspect of the game, so obviously the entire development team at Blizzard doesn’t care.

4 Likes

Despite agreeing with you overall, I’ll play devils advocate and say these are mostly player-created, and likely represent the majority of displeasure that players experience in the game. Misassociation can be an onerous fume.

Of course they care.

They just don’t care enough to solve every problem the game has.

Or to launch non-recycled content.

Or to fix bugs on ptr and beta.

Or to listen to balancing feedback.

Or to work any other day outside of tuesdays.

11 Likes

This response makes 100% sense if you replace “person B” with “people who raid and throw a tantrum if they have to do anything but raid and then log out”.

5 Likes

They “care” recently because they’ve lost millions of subscribers by not caring. They care they make money.

2 Likes

It was an interesting read up until “Why can’t you be like FF 14?” and it hit me. This is a very subtle “FF14 does it better” thread.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt if when players asked a question on Twitter, the Developers didn’t go into unhinged attack rants on the players. A good recent example is the one who said something to the tune of… “If players are asking about content they are the problem”, back when the issue last year went down.

That sort of behavior is a great way to drive players to your competitors permanently.

I respect you, and I’ve sided with you for years; but seriously mate? You need to put on the warchief pants and clean up issues like that. Also the selective removal of some NPCs, while giving a pass to others is another big drag that’s got people pissed.

I’ll put this into AV logic since Korrak’s Revenge is a thing right now. The sickly gazelles you have roaming around at mid-rim are dragging the company / group down because they are bogged down at the Field of Strife. Why are they bogged down there?

Because they are focused on their tunnel vision of killing anything that moves, or adding what they specifically want to add to the game. This however goes counter 9/10 times what the players want in the game.

What you need to do if this game is going to succeed, is you need to reign them back into doing what is right for the players and the game, or you need to replace them with people who will.

Players are forgiving people, but being attacked by Developers for asking a question is never acceptable. You have to hold yourselves to a higher professional standard, and if the Developer can’t their in the wrong field.

Just like in Alterac Valley, folks need to fight as a unit and so should be focused on the Stormpike / Frostwolf Relief hut, rather than screwing off chasing some personal crusade at midrim.

That is how a team loses AV.

11 Likes

If BlizZard cared they would communicate more.

Look at how broken scaling is in old content currently.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

10 Likes

For me it isnt about not caring, im sure they care to some degree. Its more how core values and gameplay priorities have changed over the expansions. Shadowlands was the most blatant waste your time anti player expansion ive ever played and I barely played it at all. I wont stick around if DF is the same. If DF is bad ill be done with WoW unfortunately

9 Likes

You seem a little upsetty spaghetti

The most inaccurate thing said at times, and the most hurtful, is that the developers don’t care.

If this actually hurts them from the community saying that… then they would be better served show us that they do care.

2 Likes

If they really cared, it wouldn’t be difficult to farm old content as solo players, or they wouldn’t have ruined the new classes flying ability in the beta when EVERYONE was loving how it first worked until blizzard detected fun and ruined it, all these devs care about is the time played metric don’t be fooled otherwise.

17 Likes

Of course they care… just not about you.

They care about their job, maybe their vision for the game, def. their pay cheque.

But care about you? No. They’ve proven they see the community as, at best, an annoying necessity vis a vis funding.

11 Likes

hugs Evilmuffin
The original teeth enamel stripper known as Crybabies.

1 Like

I feel like the people being most critical of devs show the least amount of understanding of the lack of creative control the typical dev there will have over the game and even the lack of ability to prioritize their own efforts and what they are able to work on.

If you’d like an analogy, think about a construction site. They are yelling at the construction workers about changes that they want that only the architect or the forman can approve and prioritize.

1 Like

so your saying if you were in charge because it something that means nothing to you you would rather cost the company money and be extension probably your job because you said something stupid like that? different devs do different jobs its not just a room of people who do everything and can only focus on 1 thing as a group.

every game has stuff they do better than others. mount farming in ff14 is way better than wow but the endgame isnt as good as wow