Blizz, im begging you

Eh. Ain’t that into star wars so I can’t offer much.

You say the games mediocre now and I don’t. Ain’t that complicated nor is it really necessary to have that “Tch what is it like to be so EAAAAAAAAAAASILY amused?” attitude.

I just go play other games if I want very specific other things.

3 Likes

Story was always unabashedly derivative but at least they were taking from higher shelves in the past. The moles aren’t nearly as goofy as the contrived Emberthal storyline where they forgot to ever give the audience a reason to care about the character before they started the rote emotional journey.

3 Likes

To you! I like it lol

Uh, the moles in the story line run into some… issues. I’ll put it that way.

Story is a little… eh. The SL story what they did with Arthas to me was like, “WHY NO WHY YOU DO THAT!?” But /shrug

2 Likes

I’ve tried putting my finger on why WoW writing seems shallow no matter what they write…and here is one possibility.

Characters in this universe never change for a good reason. They do not die an unexpected death. Every single plot point is dramatized and milked dry, because they do not have enough characters to dispose of to cause ‘drama.’ (Sylvannas’s change, for example.)

Essentially, these characters are not written as ‘people,’ they are written as story assets and plot devices.

Wrathion and Sabellion going back and forth genuinely has/had potential. Unfortunately, knowing Blizzard writing, some insane dramatic event will need to happen, and then they will be best friends.

Not only is WoW’s character progression seasonal, but their character development is also seasonal. No one works together over the course of a long time, so no meaningful changes happen; it’s all ham-fisted to fit their production pipeline.

Anyways, this is all just my opinion. I’m sure I could think about it more deeply, but there you have it.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard was never Disney before Cata with their moustache-twirling villains lurking around every zone with their ‘I’ll get you Gadget!’ speech until he gets utterly humiliated in ICC because villain intelligence told him it was a smart idea to allow the heroes of Azeroth to absolutely wreck the Scourge before monologuing his evil plans to the only guy that could actually stop him.

Or are we talking about the Disney moment of pooping out Amber seeds in Grizzly Hills because that’s such a serious topic?

2 Likes

You mean the same villian that people cried about because he kept appearing so often? Arthas was typical king. He had a massive undead army to do his bidding and wasnt going to get off his icy gamer chair unless he had to.
The writing was inconsistent at times, i admit, but still miles better than Sylvanas being a drama queen for 3 expansions.

Oh neat the fecal funny quests that appeared a handful of times but werent milked endlessly for wacky effect.

5 Likes

okay i laughed so hard at this i know right

2 Likes

I feel like you may have missed what happened in ICC. You could argue the writing was bad, but not for that reason. Arthas’ plan worked, he won, the players lost. He doesn’t even stop to monologue, he is still doing stuff while he talks. His mistake was not “villain intelligence”, he was undone by a deus ex machina.

1 Like

… Have you played Wrath at all? That’s all Arthas does.

2 Likes

Bros been on the speech grindset since his dumb horse died

2 Likes

you didn’t like dark world-ending threats. you wanted cutesy, huggalicious bunny-dragons. here we are.

you did this to us. this is your fault.

Let’s not forget, we spent a patch preparing to fight the Lich King by brushing up on our jousting skills.

2 Likes

It’s a sign of the times OP. Majority of Blizzard writers live on Twitter, living in the bubble comprised of western society. Here are the simple rules you must follow.

1. Men are either insecure and whiny or giant Andrew Tate esque villains.
  2. Women are powerful, in charge, wise, and only fit for leadership roles.
  3. Same sex couples must be tied to every narrative, it is of utmost importance.
  4. Make sure every NPC who appears is randomly generated for diversity.
  5. No grimdark violence on screen. The best we can do is label NPC’s as dead as to not traumatize the playerbase. Never forget, they saw a dead person on google and it has triggered them ever since and now they wet the bed every night, must be careful.
11 Likes

And the villain speech through the Black Knight ala the Lich King…

1 Like

Lets not forget that seeing a lady bug is good luck.

I want adventure. I want the game where im not THE guy, just a guy making their way in the world. A relatively local hero, or mercenary, helping the big names and leaders.

2 Likes

so roleplay as one.

1 Like

I have no idea what that means.

But he won’t be able to save Arthas…

1 Like

Doesnt work that way when the game is written for you to be THE guy calling you hero and champion at every single turn.

1 Like