Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

Why, it is almost like the community wants this thread gone.

5 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Hong Kong is back on the menu

1 Like

Bar open?

Quick!

Everyone get in here!

1 Like

I am here!

Me too! (10)

1 Like

You would believe the Democrats would be all over China with how they treat the homosexuals and Muslims, but they are suspiciously quiet about the whole thing. Its like…they only care if its suits them politically.

1 Like

I think we could say that about all politicians if we are being honest. No one cares until it is a talking point.

2 Likes

i honestly want all political speech kept out of gaming.

but blizz doesn’t keep political speech out of their events and games, so why should someone protesting a communist dictatorship’s crackdown on their country?

blizz celebrates pride every year(pride celebrations are 100% political. it’s different from having an lgb character in their game, i’m not complaining about lgb characters), they push real world politics in their fantasy worlds.

blizzard broke their own rules first. if you’re gonna not be hypocrites and keep all politics out, that is exactly what i’ve been wanting for ages, and i would happily applaud you.

4 Likes

Oh, no, some people are thinking about the ramifications of pissing off the second largest economy in the world by GDP and the largest by purchasing power parity? A country that controls 1/5 of the human race? Gee, that sounds horrible. Why, oh why, did people tell me as a child to think before I act?

money shouldn’t even be a thought on anyone’s mind when considering whether or not to do business with a regime that’s literally just a legitimized version of north korea.

Idealism is lovely, really. But it doesn’t mix well with reality. Especially when that regime could cripple your country simply by calling in your loans.

5 Likes

reality is clearly overated. I get it the graphics are nice but the gameplay is terrible.

2 Likes

it’s not idealism. the truth of the matter is that china would collapse without the rest of the world to do business with it.

they can barely handle the people they have already. the only reason the DPRK still exists is because of china and russia propping it up. isolate china the same way, and it would no longer have this control.

Back in the 80’s I worked with an engineer from Hong Kong and another from the mainland.

One was very liberal and the other was very not.

Seemed they both loved freedom though.

Aha those 3 college students got banned

Something tells me they won’t be the last. I wonder what’s going to happen at Blizzcon.