Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

Security will be everywhere to the anaheim police outside waiting to taze winnie/mei on sight

1 Like

Lets say that they go with this insane plan. This will only make things worse for Blizzard. Also taze anyone for Mei? Like are we tazing cosplayers now too?

+500pts, Comrades. Please.accept this miraculous gift and share it amongst your neighboring citizens.

This.

If Blizzard made a rule prohibiting something like “any social or political message specifically endorsed by Blizzard”, and had handed out a reasonable punishment to Blitzchung, this would be a non-story.

But as much as some wish that were the case, that’s not what happened.

They took it like the champions they are, too.

Usually I find college kids annoying, but I’m glad to see these kids handle this so well.

2 Likes

You sound like someone that would have supported Hitler “Because the economy is doing good and it’s his duty to make sure we’re doing good and that’s his job”. The Americans forced people like you to walk into the concentration camps and give you a reality check.

2 Likes

Someone had his hyperbole flakes this morning.

5 Likes

A lot of the west take it for granted these days, as if the world is designed to run this way and freedom is the natural order.

Its not. You have to protect it.

3 Likes

This thread is 19000 replies long. I love it. Hopefully both Hong Kong and Taiwan can continue to keep their freedom and independence from the CCP. I support them wholeheartedly!

3 Likes

They don’t have their freedom. Hong Kong is a part of 2 governments 1 China and Tawain is not recognized as it’s own country… even by the US. Hong Kong self rules. Taiwan does not.

1 Like

Hong Kong is a territory with its own government, though it’s admittedly a part of China. Taiwan is for all intents and purposes and independent nation. China simply does not recognize it as such.

1 Like

I 100% agree with you, but the reality is, the CCP is forcing American companies to choose between us or them. That’s what you get when you deal with totalitarian governments though, since they have extremely sensitive egos and must always portray themselves as infallible Gods.

Not do most countries in the world:

1 Like

My adult discussion consists of this:

I’ve subscribed to WoW for over ten years. As an adult, I get to decide how I invest my disposable income. This is not the first time that I have been appalled by Blizzard’s response to something deemed ‘sensitive’, but I’d rather find other hobbies than kick myself for being a hypocrite.

Blizzard can have the Chinese market, but they won’t have any more of my money.

3 Likes

I am afraid that China has simply played the bully to Blizzard’s fear of losing money. That is what this is all about. Blizzard USA has refused to stand up and condemn the official response that the comment “offended our country.”

I would be willing to give Blizzard more money if they cut ties with China and came out in support of freedom and their 8 company values. The lame late Friday night explanation last week was weak and already torn apart as bowing to China.

A somewhat overblown and irrational response.
My main problem currently is the hypocrites I’ve seen excited over Riot Games roster they’ve just announced or posting their support for League of Legends teams (that have also been posting ‘Free Hong Kong’ or ‘Boycott Blizzard’ messages wherever they can). It just speaks to the fact they don’t give 2 sh!ts about the actual cause they just like to ride that sweet sweet bandwagon.

Riot games is 100% owned by China and have publicly stated since Blizzard’s debacle that they will not allow any personal views or political messages during any of their broadcasts either.

2 Likes

Or how about everyone just not talk about political views in general in a game stream?

2 Likes

The rhetoric I am hearing in the media is pretty concerning, it seems to me that anyone who is willing to apologize and say sorry to China is automatically perceived as waving the white flag of surrender to the communist dictatorship, I believe China when they say that they don’t interfere with other countries politics.

What I do believe however, is that the West has been incredibly hypocritical, in reality my observation has been that many of our western politicians might as well be using China as a blueprint for the rest of the world.

I just wanted to make something clear though, that some people think I’m paid by China to spout pro-China propaganda, I’m not, though it is true that when I feel intimated on public transport by people swearing at others making me feel unsafe, on those sort of days, I do feel sympathetic to the CCP as I know I would never have to feel unsafe like that in China. I know Blizzard are taking steps in the right direction when they banned that cat-calling sound that your toon used to be able to make on retail, so they are doing their best to sell a message of what is and is not acceptable behavior.

And for those that say that I hate people that need help, I wanted to say that in China, looking after elderly family and so on is a civic duty to the best of my knowledge.

Somewhat? :wink:

My first version called him an idiot, i toned it down… somewhat.

3 Likes