Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

No, I’ just chuckled at this:

“stop virtue singling.”

I mean it’s kinda funny.

I would assume that bots have an auto-correct function.

2 Likes

Raytheon? Boeing? Lockheed Martin? General Electrics?
I mean, as the largest arms and war exporter of the world, average American’s livelihood probably depends on companies protecting government killing its citizens.

so you still just want to jump on the blizzard hate train and still pay them $15 a month i chuckle at that.

I like how you assume you know anything about if I cared, when I cared, or where I heard it. Whether he broke the rules or not is irrelevant. He signed a contract, the rules were ambiguous, but he cant do anything about it, he agreed to them. Whether he was in the right or wrong and the severity of the punishment is arguable and open to debate by the public. But Blizzards motivations to protect China are unarguably in the wrong.

1 Like

Are you saying they didn’t?

I haven’t had too many interactions with you but you’ve been pretty cordial throughout this mess so I’ll pass a like to you too. Something that we need more of in society is love and not hate and greed.

/hugs

1 Like

Do you know how international business works?
Like, even a little bit. I need to know so I can dumb this down just enough for you.

Let’s start with…as a doorknob.

If you owned a company here in America and you wanted to expand, say in Mexico. You would be required to follow the rules of Mexico when doing your business. American law would not overrule Mexican law in this situation.

This is why car companies outsource to Mexico or China because the labor laws are so much more relaxed, they can avoid American law.

Want Blizzard to change how they do business in China, write your congressman, vote for people who will actually change the laws of our country that allow American companies to ignore American laws when operating in other countries.

I mean hell, our president uses undocumented workers to complete his projects because the laws here are whack.

To sum it up.

If you want to do business in China, you follow China’s rules. Period.

blizzard punished a player for violating the contract he singed::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, they handed out the same extreme punishment to the college students who posted the same message. Anyone want to try something LGBT related at a tourney to see if the same thing happens? How about something related to kids being put in cages at the border? Blizz should be tested.

For anyone who reads this this so you know where Tencent, the investors we have a problem with have their investments in if you want to boycot. Please note this is not a complete list as these are just game companies or related.

• Riot Games (League of Legends) – 100%
  • Sharkmob – 100%
  • Supercell – 84.3%
  • Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile) – 80%
  • Epic Games – 40%
  • Fatshark – 36%
  • Funcom – 29%
  • Kakao – 13.5%
  • Bluehole (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) – 11.5%
  • Frontier Developments – 9%
  • Ubisoft – 5%
  • Activision Blizzard – 5%
  • Paradox Interactive – 5%

Below are companies Tencent has given money to in the last year:

• Reddit $150 Million
  • Discord $158 million

Nah, it hasn’t changed. It only appears that way to people that cant seem to understand the argument and think everything is about the “rules”.

Except they aren’t protecting China.
If they want to continue doing business there (it would be dumb to stop really, the West is tapped out), they have to follow China’s rules.

3 Likes

Why beating? Bear being bad?

K i stop.

As I said before, the Chinese government has been right to call out my own government for saying that the way they are behaving is not compatible with Western values, to me it would be a different matter if there was no hypocrisy in the Moral West, but otherwise China is absolutely right to call it out for the ‘malicious slur’ that it is.

Let me list the hypocrisy one by one…

1-Telling China off for throwing people into detention where they disappear quietly out of the public mind, when in reality Guantanamo Bay is shrouded in a lot of secrecy.

2-Telling China off for persecution for anyone that would dare challenge their establishment, when Julian Assange did the same thing when he challenged the Western Establishment and was likely get the death penalty for doing so (in fairness, I have heard that the US won’t kill him if they extradite him, but I don’t listen to what is said, but what is done).

3-Spouting the West’s moral high horse that we are so much better because we are a ‘democracy’, when in reality trying to impose democracy on other countries particularly like Libya have simply resulted in that country being in years of civil war.

4-Moral West condemning the Christchurch attack of innocent Muslims being shot up in a mosque, when in reality, the Moral West has been bombing the crap out of Muslim countries for years, now there’s a reason for this hypocrisy…your own nationalism, plain and simple. See it’s not a crime to you if it happens in a far away land, it’s only a crime if it happens on your own shores.

So you criticize China for their nationalistic imperialist ambitions and their desire to claim territory, what do you think the Moral West has been doing in the Middle East and other places for decades?

I honestly Blizzard chose the optimal path to just keep quiet on the matter, to maintain a decent relationship with China, while doing their best to not offend too many of their fans, obviously the loudmouthed streamers like Azchats will criticize Blizzard for absolutely everything at this point, so they can just take their money elsewhere if they feel that strongly about it.

But what we should not be doing is standing on our moral high horse saying that we are somehow better than China, and while we are certainly entitled to be sympathetic to Hong Kong’s plight, remember Libya. I never want to see that kind of foreign policy stuff up again.

The foaming at the mouth comment made me lose all respect for you, just pointing that out.

Because, I don’t choose to answer things that are nonsensical in the terms of the conversation at hand. Notice I chose to ignore a question earlier about if I went to bars.

You are using fear mongering to attempt to attempt to further an agenda. I don’t agree with what is going on over there by any means, but I am intelligent enough to know that wow ending their relationship with China would only cause more job losses, and not in one iota change their political situation over there. There is a whole mess of things out there to protest. Blizzard enforcing their rules for the first time, when this has never been an issue in the past, is not a thing to get all triggered about.

No wonder China sucking threads get highly upvoted on reddit. No wait…

Well, I unsubscribed, so they’re no longer getting my money.

Also, since you’re laughing at me… does that mean you’re…

singling

…me out?

2 Likes

oh boy the pro-organ harvesting space goat is back to say “Moral West” and spew whataboutism again

1 Like

Different countries have different rules and most superpowers are guilty of some pretty vile crimes against humanity in recent years. The difference being when it’s a different superpower to the one you belong to you get to turn your nose up at it and feel superior condemning them and boycotting anything you perceive to be associated with them.

1 Like

So did the US team. No punishment for a week until people became outraged at Blizzards hypocrisy. Blitz’s punishment, instantaneous, completely heavy handed, and the official Chinese page posted that this acted to “protect the honor of China”. Yeah, I cant imagine why people would think it wasnt just about the “rules”.

1 Like