Blizz hits us with the ole bait and switch

I’ll play along.

Vendors are back and you can technically get Bis gear from pvp (maybe not a 232 wep but that isn’t what this thread is about).

They just waited until the day before the season to tell us how long that would take.

Based on how blizz has reacted to feedback so far I’m pretty confident they will up the rate. Which is why I’m not really panicking and calling all sorts of names like some.

1 Like

10 weeks for a weapon guys.

TEN FREAKING WEEKS? WHAT? WHY? WHO DECIDED THIS?

Why is this a problem? We have a whole season to play out still. Why do you need max iLVL gear week one?

itll likely be changed yeah, but the fact that blizzard is stupid enough to think this is ok, to tell us how the conquest system will work THE NIGHT BEFORE ARENAS RELEASE, and probably take a month to fix the broken system after the damage has been done isnt ok.

Honestly it’s probably a short staffing issue more than anything. It’s not hard to speculate that raid/keystone development/QA will take more resources than instanced pvp, on top of the fact that ppl are working from home. But yeah i might sound like im defending blizz but I just think their track record suggests it’ll get fixed. Just making the weekly cap accumulative would fix it imo

Stoopzz videos were too long, no one at Blizzard had the time to watch them to preven this U_U

2 Likes

their track record coming off of bfa isnt good. and i dont expect pvp to get the same attention as pve, but itd be nice to atleast see them care a LITTLE bit. and blizzard is definitely short staffed, theyve had employees leaving in droves and laying off others. but theyre also a billion dollar company and shouldnt have “being short staffed” as an excuse.

Well in 4 months it won’t be until then there will be a massive power difference between players who choose to pve and players who do not.

As someone who wants to play the game at a competitive level I will be forced to do content I do not enjoy in order to play at the level i want to play at.

(yes i do have the option to unsub for 4 months and will be allowed to have gear after that time).

I foolishly assumed that vendor gear pacing would be similar to prior vendor gear pacing.

I don’t get it.

Like, they explicitly acknowledged and agreed with the pvp playerbase that vendors were a better approach to pvp gearing than the alternative of heavy RNG based acquisition.
And then they immediately kneecapped it.

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of moving pvp gearing to this in the first place?

I honestly think this is their way of giving us a monkey paw wish. See you thought you wanted vendors clearly the pvp community has no idea what it wants.

1 Like

The several hundred Activision retention scientists told them what to do is how.

the ironic thing about this is that anytime pve’ers have to do pvp for even a single piece of gear they lose their minds and blizzard fixes it. but when pvpers have to do pve for an entire set just to pvp nothing happens and the pve community just laughs at us. the double standard is INSANE.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t they have just not agreed with it in the first place if that were the case, though?

And the problem with that is what exactly? Shouldn’t players that work harder be rewarded?

That’s just something you kinda have to deal with as a competitive gamer. Mythic raiders don’t necessarily want to covenant stuff, some don’t even like mythic dungeons, they just like mythic raiding, but they are encouraged into different game modes for BiS gear. That’s the beauty of WoW, it’s an interconnected eco-system. It is neither a PVP nor PVE game, it is somewhere in the middle.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting. PVP gear doesn’t have to deal with RNG, so to compensate, it might take a smidge longer. That’s more than a fair trade off in my eyes, probably favoring PVPers to be quite frank.

They have support meetings because they had to win a PVP Island.

2 Likes

mythic raiding and mythic dungeons are still the same type of content though, theyre both pve. using that as your reasoning doesnt make any sense. raiding vs mythic plus is completely different from pve vs pvp.

it takes 20 weeks. thats not just a smidge longer.

This gear system is a joke. Make PvP (arena, bg, warmode) gear able to be earned exclusively via PvP.

Week 1 you are going to be going against people decked out in heroic raid gear, soon mythic. Yet you won’t be able to even buy a decent piece???

And when you finally get that piece. You need to compete vs these geared players for rating just to upgrade it.

They need to remove PvE gear from PvP (warmode, bg, arena). PvP stat, better yet - include a pvp set bonus dependent on having PvP gear equipped. Don’t let broken trinkets into the mix.

At the very least, limit raid drops to .5 per week increasing by .5 each week. But not high value drops, such as a weapon. Lock those out.

1 Like

Make it so weapon tokens don’t drop until they complete 10 clears of the raid.
Fair is fair.

5 Likes

That’s irrelvant. The fact of the matter is that some mythic raiders do not like mythic plus, and yet they are heavily encouraged to do it.

That’s to account for the RNG of drops in PVE.