Blizz going to do anything about the priest tree?

All these other classes with questionable trees are getting updates, whether it’s quick changes or communication from the devs. Priest is getting nothing and the trees are just full of absolutely dead talents that don’t offer any choice. Super fun stuff…

PS: make pw: shield an absorb again please. Not a worse version of plea. The class known for absorbs and preventing damage no longer does either of those things better than any other healer.

6 Likes

They mentioned about a month ago that they are working on “Power Word Update”, but I believe not too long ago that the dev working on Priest/Druid talent trees left the company or moved to a new team.

Just accept that what we have for priest and druid now is what we get on launch. Its coming out in 3 months and since apparently only 1 dev works on multiple classes there isnt enough time for someone to be inserted and molding alrdy established designs.

How about…no? In regards to accepting things as they are, I mean. There is no reason that they should not put someone else in the role of dev on this. It’s actually pretty unacceptable to not have anyone working on those classes.

7 Likes

This is absolutely what will happen. First major patch in DF might bring changes. But I’d be shocked if we got meaningful attention before launch.

2 Likes

only thing they have time to do besides another worthless expansion spec is too totally delete the spec

1 Like

I shouldn’t be surprised - since they do this every expansion - that Blizz under-distributes/de-prioritizes resources toward class/spec design.

The priest/druid dev leaving isn’t the problem. The problem is that Blizz under-distributes/de-prioritizes resources toward class/spec design.

I haven’t bought DF yet. Not sure I want to pay for an undercooked steak, even if it comes with great sides/appetizers/dessert.

And that’s how I view it. The class/spec experience is central to how we engage with any xpac. It is the “main course.”

3 Likes

I’m hoping we hear something by next week. There’s been no class changes on the alpha so my guess is they’re doing a major rework.

2 Likes

This is my hope too.

The silence from blizz on priests and other specs like druid is deafening. Like atleast acknowledged your looking at it actively… nothing

They acknowledged they were looking Priest… that was about a month ago.

What I fear most is sweeping changes that do not have a clear vision, or are in a direction opposite from what the existing fantasy is for the specs. And at that point it will be too late because they will have spent a month on wasted development effort, and we would be forced to suffer poor quality design for the third expansion in a row.

This is why what the other classes, most notably Hunters, are receiving in terms of iteration is so much better. Fewer and more frequent changes leads to a much healthier feedback and iteration loop than having a mass of changes all at once.

7 Likes

It would be such a quick, easy lay-up for Blizzard to give us a blue post simply saying they are working on a rework.

There is no reason not to take 30 seconds out of your day to make that post unless it isn’t the truth.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%. It’s agile delivery vs waterfall
And right now some specs are getting iteritave deliveries/updates in rapid succession while priest is going to get a update that can’t possibly live up to the hype that falls right off the waterfall and splat on a concrete floor below.

5 Likes

I agree so much with this. This should’ve been priority. I wince when I think of all the wasted dev hours making choreghast instead of fixing/adjusting all the dead talents across all specs. There’s so many.

4 Likes

This is what I’m afraid of. I’m getting a flashback/serious vibes of when I was a middle school student and wanted to hand in an assignment late because I didn’t properly prepare, and the teacher said “ok, you can hand it in late, but I’m expecting what you turn in to be top-notch since it’s late.” And then, I turned in something disappointing. All because I was irresponsible and didn’t properly prepare.

The difference, of course, is that I was an irresponsible kid and this is a company with $9 billion revenue a year.

I have this growing sense of dread, which I hope turns out to be wrong, that we will see a similar talent design “turned in” soon. Or worse, not turned in at all.

2 Likes

At this point, I have to disagree. They did almost exactly that with their “Power Word Update”… which was now a month ago, and then there’s been nothing but silence since. To do it again would feel almost mocking, even if well intentioned.

I get at this point them not posting until they have something concrete to share/say/discuss. What I don’t get is how they don’t have something concrete, as almost every other class (Ferals, we feel you) gets communication and updates. It’s really disheartening, and as posters above mentioned, considering your class is so central to how you experience the game, it’s mind boggling how deprioritized it is by Blizzard. It’s always been, in a way, but goodness.

3 Likes

Sanctify it with dynamite?

Disagree. They need to be transparent. A month without updates when other classes are atleast getting updates + blue posts.

Is it that hard to put a post together high level what to atleast expect?

It’s not.

I’m not sure if this is true, but I heard that the Druid class dev that makes the trees was also the priest class dev, and they quit so we don’t really know what is gonna happen. But that’s just what I heard, the Priest class dev could be someone different :dracthyr_shrug:

unless someone links the source/vid its all hearsay. but then again these guys have not said a word in a month so its easy to think thats actually what happened.