Blizz forgot us

“If technically correct” was the qualifying part, I’m aware what an equinox is. Again, if you tell your neighbor that by “summer” you meant “September” while grinning about how technically correct you are, you might find yourself with an unhappy neighbor.

That’s because school’s off in July and August, not because September is not in summer.

Anyways. I don’t know about you, but September has been hotter than June for many years now.

Take a few days off. Don’t worry about leveling or grinding. Just relax. Bar-b-q or something. Visit a water park. Stop worrying about a WoW buff. You’ll be glad you did.

1 Like

Adults take summer vacations too. They don’t happen in September. See: every movie that ever included a summer vacation.

So you agree that when people discuss “Summer” in general, they are rarely, if ever, talking about September?

If Blizzard is trolling you all then it is both hilarious and deserved. They didn’t even set a date for the buff and people have been amping up their outrage over the past week like it was advertised for a specific day or something.

Be patient for once, its not a big deal. They will probably update in a couple of hours.

Oh yeah and then open themselves up to a tidal wave of hyper aggressive snark posting forum users. Yeah that sounds like a great plan.

People probably think of labour day as the last day of summer, but doesn’t mean it’s right… it’s usually because people go back to work/school then.

But the point is, if you specify “Summer”, don’t get surprised if it goes up to September 20, it’s a accurate as saying “by the end of the year”, despite what you think.

Anyways, can’t believe I’m having to debate that summer is the season between the summer solstice and the autumn equinox.

They did not set a date. But they said it would be in “weeks” and instead have crossed over into “months”

I mean, what’s the alternative? If there’s gonna be a meltdown regardless of what they do, I’d still rather them be transparent.

You’re missing the point. Everyone knows the “actual days of summer”. The idea that something called the “Joyous Journeys – Summer XP Buff Event” would start in September is both misleading and ridiculous.

Everyone knows the actual days of summer, and everyone knows what people mean when they say summer in normal communication.

3 Likes

They gave you an incredibly vague definition for the buff and instead of basing yourselves in reality you are exploding with impatience.

It could come in the last week of August and their announcement of “in the coming weeks” would still hold water.

Exactly if there is going to be a meltdown either way you chose the one that expends the least amount of resources and doesn’t open you up for further blame, and that is ignoring the outrage mob.

How about Blizzard shouldn’t be playing on words with paying customers? Just be transparent, not any of this “well technically september is in the summer :point_up: :nerd_face:” nonsense.

It’s because you think you are smarter than everyone else in the thread, but we all understand the nuance of being technically correct vs conversationally accurate, and are trying to explain why it is (in terms of vernacular) considered misleading to call September summer. It’s your choice whether you want to accept that or dig your heels on being the only one capable of reason.

Source: I used to think the same way as you

Or just say in the coming weeks. Its not their fault some people are not smart.

But don’t say “in the coming weeks” when you mean “in the coming months” which is where we are headed.

They were transparent, I can link you the post again if you want.

They didn’t forget. They just don’t care. They stopped doing things for the good of the game years ago.

I’m sure they have a cash money income algorithm that dictates everything they do.

You aren’t being charged for the buff so you didn’t pay for it. You paid for game time and access to the servers and both of which are available to you right now.

None of that refutes his point, btw

Maybe they are talking about in game summer, and their actual plan is to start the event in December to make us feel warm.