Blizz did a bot ban wave a few weeks back, then a boost sale?

Post from your main, forum troll.

The answer is NOT ENOUGH.

They didn’t need to do a boost sale, because the game was more popular, and there was enough incentive for the botters to purchase new accounts/boosts without needing a sale.

See my above comments regarding how people willing to spend 360$ a year on World of Warcraft would already have done so. The 12$ in savings is negligible compared to the monthly subs.

I’m not twisting anything, that’s what you’re doing mate. You’re trying to shy away from the reality that Blizzard monetizes bots.

And all of their investigations just happen to coincide on the same day? That’s amazing, and frankly impossible. From a technical perspective.

Basically, they investigate, then they sit on a “proven” investigation until the ban wave occurs. That was kind of my point.

If what you’re saying is true, then you’re basically saying that I’m right… That they investigate and sit on investigations until the ban wave. They allow people that they KNOW are ACTIVELY botting to CONTINUE botting… And you just acknowledged that. Thank you for agreeing with me.

You’re*

Yes, and now I have to repeat myself; there’s a huge difference between playing the game and highlighting how Blizzard is screwing us, and playing the game and defending it like what you’re doing. It’s night and day.

Also I have Tier5 shoulders, they just haven’t updated on the forums. I’m not trying to say I’m not invested, so I don’t know why you’re going back to that point.

Am I playing retail? Nope. Blizzard of 2021 are not doing anything right. They can’t even release fifteen year old content without absolutely butchering it with microtransactions and allowing bots to flourish.

The only reason I can even enjoy the game is because they re-released an old version of it before it was completely destroyed by greed.

And here I am, having to argue with kids that support the greed that destroyed retail and pushed most of us to play TBC.

I don’t know the precise details either, but again, you don’t need to. It’s basic math dude. It’s just… common sense. Like try to use your brain here for a few minutes. Think it through. As the other guy I’m responding to said, they have to investigate things right?

So please, hear me out here… do you think Blizzard hires 10,000 people once every three months to spend one day investigating all of the bot reports? No one in their right mind would believe that. It’s insane… In reality they have people actively investigating this, likely a team dedicated to it. However, for whatever reason, they don’t just ban them the second they have evidence— they wait and do a “ban wave”. The “ban wave” part is 100% provable. We know they do this.

Because we do know certain things. We do know that they do a ban wave. Therefore we can speculate on logistics. We can talk about what would be involved in a ban wave. Like the other fellow said, there needs to be investigations etc etc.

So you spend 700$ a year on World of Warcraft minimum. That’s amazing.

Go back to retail where you belong. I have no idea why you people are here playing TBC if you just want to recreate retail with all the microtransactions.

No, my wife also has 4, so more like 1400

And we’ve actually quit retail, it’s getting pretty bad over there.

and I kind of have doubts about this statement, as I come to the forums maybe once a week to air my grievances.

And you’re here responding to me every single time I come back. You live on the forums dude, as highlighted by your 3496 posts. Almost like this is a job for you or something.

If you enjoy the game so much, you would likely be busy in game, enjoying it. I mean hell, I’m constantly pissed off with the game and I’m only here once a week.

I work at home. I can’t have WoW open on my computer at the same time, but I can keep my browser open. So I occasionally reply here when I’m not busy doing regular work.

I enjoy it.

2 Likes

I have 6 accounts. on 2 separate battle.net licenses.

1 Like

Sounds like you got an agenda. Take it to reddit and save us the trouble.

1 Like

This is pretty much the end of every bot complaint, Defiance. Blizzard has given us their response. You have two choices at this point:

1. Acknowledge and continue to play.

2. Cancel your subscription.

You continually post anti-bot sentiments here regardless of this. You continually post anti-bot sentiments here regardless of you’re posting on a character loaded with T4 gear. Clearly bots aren’t stopping your progression nor are they causing you such pain that you’re unwilling to play the game.

It’s like continually buying doughnuts from a shop every week while you complain that the owners are breeding cockroaches because you saw one in the bathroom.

1 Like

Big words for someone whos only 7/10 p2.

You keep bringing up the fact that I’m playing the game as some kind of reason for me not being able to complain about the game? It doesn’t make any sense.

Why am I not allowed to criticize the way they handle the game? If anything, the fact that I’m still dedicated and still spend money on this game should give me more of a right to speak my piece.

I honestly don’t get the argument.

Bots are a serious detriment to the game, and I’ve come very close to quitting the game on more than one occasion largely due to bots and how much of an effect they’re having on the economy. Right now I’m spending a lot of gold and therefore a lot of spare time on materials for Tier5 progression. The fact that every decent gold farm spot is riddled with bots does effect me, and it’s frustrating to see that a company I’ve respected for over twenty years has taken the stance they take on it.

If a doughnut shop had an infestation of cockroaches, and it appeared that they were actually profiting from the cockroaches, the shop would likely get shut down.

You’re acting as if bots are rare or something. I would bet money that I can hop on and find a bot within five minutes on my server.

Millions already have, maybe Blizzard should try listening to the few of us sticking around. You’ve admitted yourself that you basically just don’t care about these issues-- well can you at least recognize that many people do? They’ve already cancelled their subs. I’ve come pretty damn close myself. Do you want the game to die? I doubt it.

I really don’t understand how this is a contentious issue. Ban bots. Problems solved.

I wasn’t bragging about my progress bud.

Says the guy paying blizzard $15 a month so he can post here. :thinking:

You live here full time with thousands of posts, but you hide behind an alt. :thinking:

I have an opinion. What’s your point?

Hey dude, whatever you have to tell yourself to continue supporting these guys. :roll_eyes:

Complaining about aspects of the game that have little or no affect on your ability to play and enjoy the game doesn’t make any sense.

Nobody said you weren’t allowed to. I’m just saying your criticism is built on false pretenses and ignorance.

No, it doesn’t. Throwing money at a product doesn’t magically make you more knowledgeable about it.

You can find players you suspect are bots. Only Blizzard can truly confirm it.

Proof?

They have. They have given us solutions. Use them.

Yes, I recognize the people that do. I also recognize the irony of that situation when you consider the fact that many of these players are also buying gold and they’re completely unaware of the correlation.

I have no sympathy for a player-base that consistently relies on various gold-making schemes and then complains about those who aid and abet those schemes.

I’ve had this conversation with multiple people regarding the upswing of GDKPs and folks who continually accept thousands of gold on items without a care in a world as to where that gold is coming from.

Doesn’t matter because the GDKP get their wallets stocked and that’s good enough for them.

You really wanna stop bots? Stop players from buying gold.

They do. Regularly. You’ve even acknowledged this.

2 Likes

But you were talking down on others.

1 Like

I mean, it was kind of obvious the reason for the sale.

…casting a wide net so to speak; grab hold-outs and gold sellers alike.

Blizzard put most of the store on sale, not just boosts. What’s odd is that they’ve never once to date discounted WC 3 reforge. It’s been shovelwared so hard they can’t be bothered to discount it in sales where everything else is discounted.

1 Like

Brilliant!

Then you’re not listening and I’m starting to suspect that you’re just here to troll.

Ahh, trolling it is. My criticism is based on countless video evidence at this point. It’s not ignorance or false pretenses. If you want to pretend there isn’t a botting problem, you’re downright delusional. If you want to act like having to spend twice as much time to farm gold doesn’t impact your ability to play the game, then you’re downright delusional.

Dear lord, the trolling is more and more transparent. So you’re saying that someone that’s never played World of Warcraft should have just as much of a right to criticize it as someone that has played it an actively plays a subscription? Again, that’s downright delusional.

Yes, and Blizzard has confirmed it via in game mail that my reports have helped them. I only report people I suspect of botting. Therefore I’ve personally seen and “helped” stop bots. I put quotes around that because I doubt I actually helped in any meaningful way. But the point is I flagged accounts that ended up having action taken against them and Blizzard made me aware of this. Since I don’t report people for nonsense that does confirm 100% that I have found bots. They have confirmed it. On top of that there are COUNTLESS videos at this point highlighting their behavior. Feel free to use this nifty thing called Google or YouTube.

The trollllling dude. Jesus. You are seriously trying to pretend that millions of people haven’t quit WoW? Again, there’s this nifty thing called Google. You should really try using it sometime. Absolutely no one denies that Blizzard has lost millions of subscriptions. Absolutely no one. Even Blizzard themselves have recognized it. There are NO metrics that show otherwise, and EVERY metric possible highlights that they are hemorrhaging subs. I do not believe that you spend every waking hour on the forums and are somehow ignorant of this. You’re trolling.

They have not provided a solution to botting or I wouldn’t be here, again, you’re delusional.

I love how you get all nit picky with my arguments, going on about how I lack proof, then you make a sweeping generalization and imply that people who complain about bots actually buy gold? Get the hell out of here you low brow room temperature IQ troll. That’s delusional nonsense and you know it.

Ok, so some people buy gold, and screw the rest of us we all deserve the bot infested nonsense that is TBC? Again, you HAVE to be trolling. You CAN’T be this stupid and vindictive. Like that’s so incredibly petty…

I can’t stop other people from buying gold, Blizzard can stop botters. I have no control over this, and you’re INSANE to make this implication. It’s DELUSIONAL nonsense. I have no control over what other people who play the same video game as me do. Blizzard has COMPLETE CONTROL over their product.

They ban them every three months or so. That’s not a solution.

Again you’re completely avoiding the plain logic of how they sit on reports for months on end. Very convenient, that. Oh but of course, you can’t speak to it because you don’t know how they handle bots. You just know that they require investigations, but only get banned in waves every few months. Hummm… Wonder how that works? Only so many ways… But you want to pretend that there isn’t a problem so you feign ignorance.

You’re not a troll, you’re just dumb. A good example of the sort of player that has stuck around all these years and still pays Blizzard. Criticize me all you want for still playing man, but the way you make excuses for Blizzard all day long as if this is your damned job is just pathetic. Yeah I still play the game, but I don’t bootlick. I don’t make excuses for Blizzards utter incompetence.

Amazing, you can read. I didn’t take you for the literate type but here you are, reading English. Do you want a cookie mate?

If I’m trolling you, you can always report me for it. You’re not the first person who confuses disagreement with trolling and you won’t be the last.

After this sentence, you start in on some other topic. But, you see, why would I even read any farther than that. You’ve tried to peg me and now you want me to interact with you like you didn’t just call me a troll for disagreeing with you.

Enjoy your head fantasy, dude. Continue to complain about how badly Blizzard treats you as you walk around in your T4 gear. Bite the hand that feeds you.

2 Likes