Blizz constantly nerfs every class

Then they wonder why everyone is frustrated.

Maybe if you buffed underperforming classes you’d give people something to be excited about. Instead, you take a powerful spec or class that people really love playing and crush that enthusiasm, then wonder why so few people have enthusiasm.

The groupthink at Blizz HQ is unbelievably strong.

12 Likes

So who got nerfed this time?

Let’s put it this way.

SL content can be cleared by virtually any spec. Even arcane is somewhat viable in a M15 run. Ferals are great. Enha is pretty good. But some classes are better, hence the meta.

If they were to continue buffing every class/spec, they’d need to also buff all dungeons and raids. At the end of the day, it’s the same thing as nerfing 2-3 outpermorning specs, just A LOT less work.

1 Like

Have you played this xpac at all?

1 Like

i hate it too. making buttons feel worse to press just so you can fix problems you created…not fair to the player.

another way to balance is to make EVERYTHING good, or as close to effective as possible. Blizzard actually did this approach on Starcraft: Brood War for anyone RTS nerds old enough to remember the game. Worked out pretty well there imo.

imagine improving weaker classes or abilities instead of just making good ones worse…i swear the systems devs are afraid of big numbers or something lol

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Is this another fire mage/boomkin crying thread?

Blizzard isn’t going to buff 6-12 dps specs if they can nerf 2-4

5 Likes

Ofc it is.

No, I don’t play either.

Yes, a quick glance at my profile will show you that.

1 Like

So far, nothing changes that’s remotely interesting.

… Other than Dark Caller getting moved to baseline for Affliction Warlocks and Shadow’s Embrace being moved to a Talent.

Everything else is lame really…

1 Like

Then refer to the part where it’s easier to nerf a few than buff a whole lot.

Nerfing the numbers on the top performers won’t necessarily make the spec unfun. It could still be fun to play, but you’re obviously going to be slightly annoyed that you do less even if it’s warranted. You just can’t make people excited about getting nerfed.

Also, buffing the bottom won’t necessarily make specs fun to play or get people excited about playing it. The really poor performers need complete or partial redesigns.

That’s true in concept, but in practice when we went from BFA to Shadowlands (and Legion to BFA) they gutted the entire playstyle of many specs.

Adjusting the numbers a bit is one thing, but when entire abilities or aspects of abilities are removed it fundamentally changes how a class is played.

This is part of the problem with the borrowed power systems, but also part of their bad design philosophy.

4 Likes

The problem is that it’s easier to nerf than to properly rework the specs that started the expansion pretty much broken. Those will be fixed in the 9.2 patch when players will be able to grind a new currency to temporarily fix what was wrong with their spec, until the prepatch when this is removed and they go back to broken again.

They have to balance classes against each other AND the content.

No point buffing underperforming classes if they also need to make all the content harder to suit the new baseline.

If classes are overperforming, then they need to be nurffed. Its pretty simple game design.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Between “remove any trace of xelnaths warlock redesign”, “we’d rather you didn’t play demonology”, survival being in a horrible state in pve for years now since it became melee and “huge aoe pulls with uncapped aoe is degenerate game play” proceeds to leave uncapped specs that dominate m+

I don’t think they’re interested. I believe they have said redesigns are for x.0 patches, too.

3 Likes

Imagine doing both so the extreme sides of the spectrum shift to the middle.

1 Like

Too much work.

By every class, what you really mean is DH :rofl:

You buff underperformers and nerf overperformers. That’s how you balance. If you just buff everyone that’s underperforming and never nerf the overperformers, you end up with a neverending cycle of buffs that trivializes content before long. It’s not a reasonable excuse just to spare someone’s feelings at not getting to keep using their OP spec indefinitely.

Is it easier to fix a few outliers on both ends or is it easier to buff literally every spec but 1 because, say, Aff Locks are overperforming by 30%? (hypothetically)

Answer should be obvious.

If warlock changes make it to live I’d be ecstatic, but there is like…2% chance they do.

1 Like

True, nerf dh