Blizz Confirms Torghast DOES NOT Have Timers!

You won’t make it to floor ten. There’s nothing to worry about.

1 Like

You can, just because you think you can’t, doesn’t mean its true.

Seems like two types of feedback… one set from the casual players that like to smell the roses and another from those that like to play with their hair on fire. If you can’t design content to suit both, half your subs will be unhappy with it. As a rule I suggest disregarding all comments that complain about other feedback… you should heed all the rest.

doesn’t matter what excuses you make or how hard you try to convince yourself, it’s just more timed content now. Timed content is timed content. That’s it. Black and white. It’s timed or it isn’t.

5 Likes

“you can walk your dog while you stand in the rest area” isn’t content. Try again.

Now THERE’S your problem!

No wonder WoW feels so messed up.
It’s about the buffs and burst windows, and not the gameplay.

6 Likes

Except it’s not timed content, unless you want to also argue that healers having limited mana is also timed content.

1 Like

Have you ever played a roguelike game? Know that the focus is on exploration, both finding loot and seeing everything the place has to offer, right? that the key to passing a stage in an easier or safer way may be within the previous room if you look carefully enough? thats what is being taken away with a timer. the very nature of what a roguelike experience should be. instead you are being pressured to constantly move forward. I hate that. In any game.

8 Likes

Ive come to the conclusion gorghemghast is gonna have a very short shelf-life when it goes live…

Maybe even as short as 8.3…

100%.

The cooldown crutch is showing its age.

2 Likes

It’s more a massive annoyance of being lied too. And realizing how many zoomer zombies there are. I started playing a MMORPG to get away from fast paced content and it seems that is being slowly removed from me.

2 Likes

well that was your first mistake

and i just told you nobody cares how hard you lie to yourself. it’s timed content. we’re done here. that’s it. no more discussion go talk to yourself now.

2 Likes
  • You can stay forever if you stay in resting area
  • You can stay forever as long as you didn’t die
  • You can explore the area after you clear the floor, the torment won’t do anything.

You just mad you can’t bloodlust for every rat pack.

1 Like

It kind of seems like you’re the one rejecting any sort of discussion?

1 Like

I have been playing in Torghast and it’s very easy to explore every crevice and room for loot and buffs. There is no danger at all. I stop and smell the roses, I walk away to grab a snack, I come back and have more fun. They have also highlighted that you will be allowed to explore. You won’t even experience Torment because it starts at floor 10.

2 Likes

What is there to discuss? It’s timed. The blue post is literally describing how the timers work.

4 Likes

A stacking debuff on high floors is not a timer.

2 Likes

It is, it’s known as a soft timer.

Have you heard of them?

4 Likes

You weren’t lied to. Since the Alpha launched, every interview involving Torghast has said there will need to be some kind of mechanic to dissuade people from waiting for lust on every pull. That has been their example for weeks.

There’s plenty of slow paced content out there.

3 Likes