Blizz confirmed at ChinaJoy that Chinese players are getting RP-PvP?

Edit: In case someone happens upon this thread and somehow misses the massive sticky post, here it is - Announcing RP-PVP in WoW Classic

Does that mean we’re also getting RP PvP? Can we get a confirmation or denial Blizz?

I haven’t watched the video but apparently here’s the quote:

John Height, one of the devs, responds to the question at 35:45. Exact quote: “So, we are going to open initially 8 servers running World of Warcraft Classic. We’ll have PvE, PvP, Roleplaying and PvP Roleplaying , and we’ll have more servers ready in case you fill them up.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/cn88q9/blizzard_confirmed_rppvp_realms_at_chinajoy/

5 Likes

Is that right? 8 servers in China?

What’s US getting 3?

2 Likes

We’ll know for sure when they drop the list at some point this week. I doubt we’ll be getting any more server confirmations one way or another until then.

Edit: I stand corrected. Happy for people that I was wrong on this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would think probably more honestly. I’m not worried about amount of servers. I think we’ll be fine, there.

1 Like

China is a different market to US/EU, this might not translate directly. More servers can be brought online as needed, I can’t imagine we’ll be left with massive pserver style realms once layering goes away. That would be a mistake and a loss in subs will make them see that…I hope.

1 Like

I imagine we’d be getting at minimum 5 East, 5 West and some Central, but it is worrying. Everyone excludes China from the numbers when calculating populations, but is WoW really that small in China now? It used to be huge.

Blizzard wants us to move to china…

[EDIT] nope they just got confirmed for NA too, I admit I was being too snarky :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lmao. Uh oh.

1 Like

China is still pretty big in progression raiding at least. Classic’s popularity might be very different in China though. Or not.

1 Like

Need Blue response on this.

3 Likes

Soon Grasshopper, soon.

The realm list will be out Friday at the latest.

1 Like

There will be at least 12-15 NA servers.

Doesn’t that water get heavy after a while?

I’d rather them underestimate rather than overestimate at least. Of course, accurately predicting the number of people playing some 3 months from now would be ideal but understandably very difficult to do.

Does it get tiresome to always be complaining and sucking the joy out of any room?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. For sometime I thought WoW was biggest in China and 8 realms even with layering seemed pretty low.

But like you said

So we’ll see in a couple of days.

Now that this news is out I bet we get a Blue post today on RP-PVP. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

My hope would be we find out before the servers are up tomorrow but then again it might just be the server names we see tomorrow.

So you find running interference for blizzard as “joy”?

1 Like

We just got confirmation we’re getting RP-PVP and your only response to that joyful information is “Meh, I wasn’t given it on a silver platter directly to my eyeballs”.