BLIZ does it again for the ret pally community. STop nerfing and start BUFFFING! this healling nerf is 100% unnecessary. AT LEAST GIVE US BETTER UTILITY if your going to nerf the ONLY thing keeping us alive after our 3-10 mins CDS

With healing hands, I was definitely getting a pretty decent heal out of it. Typically, I could see it heal me at least to half, whereas now, it won’t get up that high if I’m at 25% health.

When it crits now, I MIGHT get to 2/3 full health. Whereas, prior to the nerf if it critted at all, I was almost at full health. Of course, if I do pop wings, it’s a completely different scenario. But I would rather look at it at its baseline value before buffs are added.

Test it and see, but I’m fairly confident you’re just seeing confirmation bias. It should heal for 315% of spell power, plus versatility and talent. It has always been a thing you have to cast 2-3 times to get to full, barring luck.

1 Like

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll have to try and make a more concerted effort to watch and see if indeed what you said is true.

I will say that when I go prot and use WoG, it definitely heals better than when I am ret. There was a recent world quest (killing elites and closing voids) where I went prot and had some great heals when I was low health. So taking that into account, you may be right about my confirmation bias.

Prot WoGs are basically twice as strong as Ret, because their version of Selfless Healer scales to +250% instead of +70%. So yeah, that checks out.

2 Likes

Oh dang, I didn’t realize it scales that dramatically. Which I feel like is quite ridiculous, since prots have so many other damage mitigating spells compared to ret. I mean, I have the bubble, and Shield of vengeance…that’s it.

And now a nerfed WoG. But again, I’ll need to take a more serious look at my healing to ensure I am seeing the nerf or not.

1 Like

If you’re referring to how it feels in 2s.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-changes-for-january-26/841816

1.went into arena 2s.
2.before gate open did test on healing another dps partner at wog is Xhp non crit.
3. mid fight when partner at 20% wog heals for Xhp non crit.

What im saying is the talent healing hands is not working or coefficient has been nerfed without an update on patch note.

2 Likes

If there is a hidden nerf on healing hands talent for ret may end up forcing quite a few ret paladins to have to be prot to even be viable to play arenas/rbg to be considered. Almost as though we are being forced to play prot now.
:sweat:

But that is exactly the thing. You popped Seraphin and Wings for your burst window to have a chance at killing someone, but instead spent your holy power on a heal. The other team wins if every go you are healing yourself and not doing damage.

What do Rets bring to the table…
-Burst, we still (for now) have descent burst every minute and solid burst every 2 minutes)
-BoP, BoS, Freedom… still solid here but can sometimes be redundant has Holy Pally is so prevalent as a healer.
-Back up heal… prob the best thing we used to bring as it helped the team live between offensive goes and helped during times the healer was CCed.

Reducing our healing severely diminishes our toolkit and viability along with our personal survivability.

Reading the forums people act like our heal is spammable lay on hands. It only heals huge during wings which you are winning if the Ret is healing during his wings and you can’t spam it as it costs 3 Holy Power out of our 5. So you can cast it, spend a global to gain a holy power, then cast it, then up to 3 globals before a 3rd cast.

1 Like

I’m not doing it every go lol. Nor am I just popping Seraphim and such just to use WoG. I’m merely saying it still heals for a frick ton during wings.

Reading the forums people act like our heal is spammable lay on hands.

Reading the forums i’m pretty sure a great deal of posters still think that LoH is actually possible in arena.

2 Likes

Ret is likely one of the best classes in the game to counter resto druids. Right now burst completely counters HOTs, and Ret has one of the best bursts. Resto druids right now are like 4th best/2nd worst healers in game.

That’s cute, I’ll just go in my corner and cry while you 2 shot everything that’s not plate.

2 Likes

I’m not saying Ret Paladins need a buff, but it would be nice to feel like fighting Restoration Druids is not a futile endeavor.

I agree with you that playing r. druid is tough, but so is any healer but hpally right now in pvp. I think the point he was making relative to the thread is that he can’t catch up to the druid to burst before the druid’s partner(any of the 8+ specs with huge burst including ranged) kills the paladin. Self-healing is what’s letting the wheelchair wonder even live long enough to reach his target.

I could only imagine the outrage if Crimson Vial instantly healed a Rogue for 80% of their health bar, didnt have a cooldown and instead just cost combo points.

WoG needed a nerf.

1 Like

Keep in mind that you would only get that 80% heal when you had vendetta up and it would take away from your burst dmg window because you’d be spending them to heal instead of dmg. Outside of vendetta it’s closer to 20% heal and you would also not be able to use it with any less than 3 combo points. Since it’s a combo point spender you would now longer be able to kidney shot or mutilate, etc. until you built that up again. In addition this would obviously be a complaint because of the fact that rogues have every CC DR in the game plus your cloak is essentially a bubble too, not to mention you also have one of the top bursts in the game and your sprint is faster or same speed as ground mounts.

I think the WOG nerf was alright. I would’ve rathered a change to healing hands talent, but this is besides the point. I generally like where pallies are at but I think since they nerfed our healing now, they should give us mobility. I think any one of these three options would be viable:

2 hand of freedoms baseline
2 steeds baseline or
Judgement procs a movement speed buff

4 Likes

Don’t worry: about 80% of Ret’s damage is Holy, and the other 20% isn’t the stuff that 2-shots people, so plate is irrelevant. We are equal-opportunity instagibbers.

I’m still not sure why people think that the best WoG crit they’ve ever seen is the average performance. Even pre-nerf, WoG healed me for 18% of my health bar base, or potentially up to ~30% with the talent.

That’s not to say the nerf was unjustified; I think it’s fine. An 18-30% heal was still very good for a spammable ability. I’m just saying that there’s a certain vein of complaints about WoG based on the fact that really big crits are possible, a complaint which boils down to “it’s not fair that a spec built on burst and healing should be able to do burst healing!”, which seems like a silly position.

3 Likes

Talking about mobility, Unbound Freedom being baseline would be a good start. But I think a small change to Crusader Aura would be enough. Say 10 to 15% increase to movement speed while active(could just only affect the paladin if might be too powerful affecting everyone in range) Could even make it a Conduit like Pure Concentration is for Concentration Aura.

Its a little odd to hear people talk about “but you have to give up your damage!” like it’s some kind of rare drawback not felt by other classes. Merely having the choice between a large instant heal and damage is a pro, not a con.