Blind eyes look horrible, what did you do?

Exactly. It varies from person to person.

For some blind people, it is how it is in WoW. For others, they look like they “aren’t blind”. For others, their pupils are cloudy. For others, they are completely unique.

The devs can’t make blind eyes that are unique for every single situation. So they had to go with one. Most likely they went with all white, because the devs are lazy and it was easier than making the clouded pupil appearance for every eye color for every race.

That’s a real shame. A company as big as Blizzard has no excuse when most indie games I’m playing have differently-abled eyesight options. Colorblindness, etc.

1 Like

A friend of mine is blind on his left eye. It looks exactly the same as his right eye.

Sir I must kindly ask that you stop feeding the goat drugs…

You joke, but there are blind people who play videogames, I believe even specifically WoW. He’s good too. Maybe not competitive, but he can function fine in-game. He uses sound queues to figure out how to play.

Yup. See.

even dead people are represented in wow, and they are not playing it for sure

1 Like

After over 15 years and a total character model overhall, draenei finally have a second eye option. We just need to cram a needle into our eyes.

Didn’t most of these changes happen during the covid lock down ?

If so then yes , yes they did phone this stuff in :joy:

Mag’hars would, like a word with you.

I have few Mags with what could be considered scars

These blind eyes just got added in the last patch.

Are you surprised?
The time Blizz does something ACTUALLY ethical, hell will freeze.

Yes they do, it’s just normally hidden by the glow of their eyes. Remove the glow, see the pupil.

1 Like

No, they don’t. They never have. An artist’s rendition is not what’s ever been in game. Which is why the blind eyes were colored orbs without the glow— because they had no iris.

If y’all like this horrible photoshopped look, that’s fine. Give me the option for the better looking colors, then. Deleting stuff is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

Because being blind IRL doesn’t erase your pupil and iris.

This isn’t IRL. Last time I checked, real life people aren’t Night Elves with glowing orbs for eyes.

Also: you are incorrect about how blind eyes look IRL. Because they can look many ways. I have a friend that’s blind in one eye and you’d never even know, because both eyes look exactly the same. I have another friend who is blind in both eyes and the eyes are so cloudy, you couldn’t tell there was an iris at all.

Yeah, the blind eye options for draenei and elves look absolutely atrocious, honestly. I just don’t even want to use them; they’re just so… lazy.

I really don’t know why blind eyes on races like humans, or the old blind eye options Nelves used to have, weren’t their basis for blinds eyes for all.

Then again they barely tried to justify LFD warlocks, so I guess the lazy slapdash blind eye job shouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I guess we should all just have 967 various appendages jutting out from random places on our bodies then, because it’s not real life.

Alternatively, you could realize that the artists’ vision for the game is for all of the playable races to be recognizably humanoid and realistic in the context of the WoW universe, which means eyes are organs with physical structures and not just colored circles.

Your argument got dumpstered. Sit down, kiddo.

Cataracts can actually look like that. But yeah, it’s ugly.

We already have tentacles that come out of people.

I can realize we had some great looking blind eyes for Nelfs that shouldn’t have been deleted.

All MMORPGs have humanoid playable races. Last time I checked, Draenei, Nelfs, Orcs, zombies, Vulpera, Worgen etc aren’t “realistic.”

Nothing got “dumpstered” except your attitude. You belong on ignore with that nonsense.

1 Like

I’d much rather show this by having a missing limb than those really ugly blind eyes that look terrible on everyone by the way not just elves and draenei. The blind eye look is bad on everyone

1 Like