Blatant Racist in Chat does not get banned?

So as per the title, I came across a guy who I used to run keys with who was very mad because myself and my hunter had gotten our healer (his ex) to run with us again. He proceeded to call us all Racial names in game chat, with a, and after reporting him, he has yet to be banned. He switched servers and still plays. I also have proof from IN GAME MAIL that he continues to say the same racist words to people IN GAME.

Considering the political and social climate in the US right now, I am BLOWN AWAY that this guy is still playing.

Blizz, how are you going to let a blatant Racist get away with spewing hate in your game?

Like I said, I have picture evidence of him doing this, I would LOVE to share the picture with a GM.

[~ Edited by Forum Moderation~]

9 Likes

You can make a report(file a ticket from the website), and actually add the images you speak of to your complaint and send it on to them to Blizzard.

I say to file it on the web site b/c I often have issues trying to do anything dealing w/customer service in game and generally have to come to the site anyway. I can’t even get my Character Stuck in game to unstick… :woman_facepalming:

Good luck!

:sparkles:

9 Likes

Try @ing them on twitter too, with the pics. That usually works. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

They won’t go off the pics, because it’s amazing what you can do with photoshop now.

But if this person is using the in game chat and mail then they won’t need to, they can see ALL of that. Report each time, it gives a date and time stamp. They’ll get to him in due time.

10 Likes

Damn bro I’m sorry to hear that totally not fair

Is it just me or is his little character picture really blurry compared to everyone elses? His entire model is blurry. Might be time to get a new phone. I hear the iphone 11 has a pretty good camera

2 Likes

It’s blurry for me too. Just looked at his profile, the entire character pic is blurry.

2 Likes

Even his armory is blurry, weird!

4 Likes

He’s blurry on both for me too. This is messing with my mind.

6 Likes

No matter the severity, if it’s just obscene language and not something like an IRL threat, the punishment is just a temporary chat suspension. It starts at 24 hours. I believe it doubles every time. So at first it’s negligible, but if he keeps getting actioned for it, he could end up with months and months muted – BUT still wouldn’t be banned. Just unable to chat. Because there’s where his issues are.

Also, it depends if people are actually reporting him. If he’s on his other servers spewing out racial slurs but no one actually cares enough, or just /ignore him instead, he won’t get actioned. Blizzard doesn’t proactively moderate chat, they’re 100% reactive.

Wow,that is blurry,better have Blizzard look into that too.Well,maybe because he’s a rogue?

3 Likes

With extraordinary claims, and extraordinary proof, you should be fine.

They won’t ban him for a language violation, he will just be given a in game silence for a while.

Wow, seems some racists got triggered. OP got flagged pretty quickly.

4 Likes

Or this isn’t the correct way to report it?

2 Likes

Nice try but OP already reported it and even said so!

Nice try what? It doesn’t matter that he already reported it, bringing it here does nothing. It’s not like the forum team is going to run over and silence the player in question. He is here because he didn’t get the action he thought should have been applied. Nothing we can do about that…

3 Likes

Your post is already flagged and reported. But it takes them a while to flag a racist?

7 Likes

Checks the armory himself

Oh no! he just came out of the PS2! :scream:

/j

1 Like

To everyone commenting about my character, I’m not sure why it used my 3 year old toon lol. I fixed it now, hopefully it adjusts