Blademaster fits better in-between WW/BrewM

Not to suck the wind from your sails, but all of those burning blade abilities seem to be shaman-infused warrior skills. And Mountain Thane does exactly that – blood and thunder. Check it out because that combined with Fury’s Burning Rage glyph might be better suited for you.

Literally what? lmao

2 Likes

Conduit of the celestial is going to be more focused on your Xuen summon window where shadopan is probably going to be focused on bonedust brew and feeding into the extra hit proc being Shadopan monks.

You would still be unarmed kungfu monk with Conduit of the celestials

Please god no. Just delete the SL bs already. The most substantial contributions WW got from SL didn’t even make it into our trees.

5 Likes

Yeah nothing screams martial artist like summoning other monks or demigods to do the fighting for you… Any summons for WW need to be made either 100% optional or be choice nodes with a non summoning talent.

SL covenant abilities should never have made it past the beta talent trees for WW, oh wait we still have the same tree as in beta. I just hope they are not currently working on hero talents with the current WW ttee as a base.

3 Likes

It’s more like you’re embracing the tiger it feels like they’re fighting the king of the jungle.

I think it’s late we lost the monk summon sl ability

When it comes to class fantasy, I want to say most mink players come into the class for the martial arts aspect, or inspired by many martial arts movies or media.

Normally this includes the following.

• Inner power, the power from inside.

• Overpowering clearly better equipped and armed oponents.

• Surpassing your own limits.

In WoW, the lore summaries we have and every written material fill these themes, the disconnect starts with the movesets.

Xuen, Yu’lon, Chi ji and niuzao are the august celestials, they taught the monks, but monks arent supposed to summon their power, summoning the power of wild gods is a druidic thing.

If we take the elements of the warcraft monk fantasy, we can boil them down to 3 main elements.

1 - physical aspect.
2 - chi, the spiritual aspect.
3 - Brews, what can be seen as the technical aspect.

Each spec more or less focus on one of those, Windwalkers focus on physical power, Brewmasters in brew crafting and technical prowess (shuffling and staggering) and mistweavers are masters at chi manipulation.

While summoning celestials have always been part of the monk moveset (albeit entirely optional and not always BiS up to shadowlands) It honestly doesnt have a place in the monk class fantasy, per the parameters stablished by the in game lord itself.

3 Likes

This is the point though, the hero specs are meant to be a middle ground for 2 of the existing specs.

Conduit of celestial fits perfectly between Windwalker and Mistweaver spec because both of these specs are more celestial leaning than brewmaster.

Instead brewmaster is going to get either Master of Harmony or Shadopan.

It’s like the skill says In-voke (Celestial Name), but what happens is it E-vokes (Celestial Name).

To me, Xuen’s Battlegear would be an example move of “Conduit of the Celestials”. Dance of Chi-Ji another. You are performing Celestial-based abilities, not outright summoning one.

The hero talents are close to the core themes of Monk:

1. Martial Arts
  2. Celestial Blessings
  3. Chi Magic

For Windwalker, Chi Magic includes most of the wind spells and minor elemental magic they manipulate, and forms the basis for most Mist spells.

English is not my first language, so i dont understand what you said.

1 Like

Same. But here we are doing our best.

To invoke is to call upon, but typically to call within. To channel the power internally. It’s exactly what you wrote:

Blizzard mistakenly externalizes this power through a conjuration instead. I think that’s fine for Mistweaver but is simply jarring for Windwalker and Brewmaster.

I’m writing on my phone and accidentally hit Post before fleshing out my reply. I am agreeing with you–I don’t generally argue.

… if I wanted to argue, I would have quoted this instead and ignored the rest of your great quality post:

3 Likes

This is honestly why Touch of Death Windows felt more monk esque than what we currently have with Xuen windows.

Touch of death felt like you were not only manipulating your chi but your enemies chi against them.

In gameplay terms, Xuen windows are pretty minor since S1 Shadowlands.

The problem comparing ToD windows is that we had one multiplier then on Gale Burst. Now, have upwards of six.

Misaligning Xuen with Skyreach with Faeline with Serenity or SEF makes your damage pretty standard. (And creates the illusion of burst when everything is frontloaded together.)

I understand now what you meant.

I honestly would be fine without either, no invoking or evoking celestials, the power should come from the monk alone.

3 Likes