Blade dance immunity + all other similar DH immunity forms need removed from the game

Blade dance on a what, 2s cd during meta? So DH’s get a 30s duration, nearly 100% immunity window against melee every 2 minutes?

Rain from above, an already ridiculously broken talent, provides an immunity glimpse for a second when activated.

Fel rush, the most insane mobility talent to ever be introduced into the game, also provides a similar immunity glimpse.

What’s the point of all this? Who thought these were good and balanced ideas?

Could you imagine the outcry if mages had an 8s CD on blink, and a 30s ice block that they could DPS from while immune the whole time?

Or if rogues had a 30s duration cloak of shadows that included a 50% damage buff? Shadow priests gained 100% haste when using greater fade

What if paladins had a high chance on a successful autoattack to lay on hands themselves?

Do these sound ridiculous? Because they’re about on par with what DHs were given. Why?

22 Likes

I agree nerf DH.

20 Likes

What if a Fire Mage could remove 33% of someone’s health in 3 seconds or less?

15 Likes

Only two things questionable with DH, IMO.

1. Healing from killing mobs in pvp
  2. Rain from above having no baseline counter for some specs like warrior, for example. But that is more a complaint that spell reflect should be baseline.

DHs defensives are supposedly getting nerfed in SL since people just can’t help but dumping cooldowns into blade dance for some reason.

1 Like

I play a warrior main now but yes I agree, fire mage burst is pretty ridiculous.

The difference is fire mages can be shut down stupid easily. From a warrior PoV, if the mage pops combustion I’ll stun (he trinkets with about 8s left on combusion), I’ll spell reflect the next 3s (5s left on combustion), and either get a fear or lucky kick off to screw the rest of his combustion. There’s counters for it on almost every class.

There is no counter for DH. It’s just 100% uptime on immunities and dodging.

2 Likes

maybe if the blade dance cd was longer or it didn’t ya know dodge from behind people wouldn’t dump cds into because the dh pressed their castsequence macro

Maybe if people waited until the blade dance animation is over they wouldn’t feel stupid for wasting their cooldowns.

1 Like

Immunity windows should not be baked into a spec’s baseline dps rotation. Blade dance is on an extremely short cd and makes it harder to punish the DH for positioning without any proactive action by the DH himself. It is a problem. Omnidirectional dodge makes no sense on any class since it has never been a thing in any iteration of the game. Consistency is important and blur/blade dance should at the very least not dodge from behind.

If a warrior spell reflects my asphyxiate, a warlock netherwards my grip after using his gate, a spriest greater fades a kidney, that is me being outplayed by someone who proactively tries to counter my movements. When a DH randomly blade dances a storm bolt by spamming his dps rotation, that is stupid game design.

13 Likes

did you play during mop or wod?

1 Like

I don’t have issues with blade dance. It’s an obvious animation. You wait until you see it and then use your CC or burst. Blur, darkness and rain from above are much harder to deal with, IMO.

1 Like

Anecdotal.
In say arena things come down to the seconds and you shouldn’t have to wait a couple to work around it.

Blade dance and fof parry are both dumb things. Dh don’t need it at all and I rather see them do anything else but fof parry (like inner strength baseline maybe).

Is only a problem in open world and even then not much of one except for slow people.

1 Like

burst of speed :joy: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Don’t forget ambush teleporting rogues.
Displacer beast letting you stealth.

And this is one of the reasons I respect your opinions. Not everyone can look at the class they main with unbiased eyes.

Edit: why is there a limit on likes?

1 Like

About a year ago, I changed companies. My old gig allowed me to work remotely, and I always had WoW forums up in a different tab. I don’t have that same luxury anymore. Suffice to say, I miss my TL3 and ability to post gifs…

Allows me limited access to the internet, so this is the best sfw website I could enjoy.

Now I work from home and now just a force of habit.

1 Like

Wrong forum. :wink:

But, yes, in a 1v1 you can be a bit more patient since you don’t have some other dude beating on you. It’s kind of moot to argue it. Isn’t it getting changed in SL?

The range on this ability is kind of stupid. Even fast people are going to take considerable damage if there is no LoS nearby and/or no defensive options to counter it.

Can we lump doing full damage with paladin bubble up in there with blade dance and fof? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes