Blackwing Lair is open in Season of Discovery!

plenty aware, that people are simping for a company that doesn’t deserve it after all this time, with 20 years of the game being out and failing to even launch ALREADY developed content from long ago, in a ready and working state, they should not be relying on the players for basic bug tracking and fixing like this that SHOULD be done in house before it hits live.

Like it or not, this is correct and the issue with large publishers and developers as a whole in gaming right now. But you go right ahead and think you are some high grounded superior person when most with a semblance of honest thought and reflection can see you are not and they are just bad at this point. Too many chances blown.

Not even touching on the in house shenanigans and legal troubles they have had.

1 Like

more likely they stopped playing retail long ago, as it is terrible and only came back for SoD which is turning out to be more of same since phase 3.

1 Like

Reworking legacy code into modern infrastructure is not “easier” just because it already exists.

That’s what the PTR is for. This issue didn’t exist on the PTR. What else do you seriously suggest they should have done?

They could shut down the servers for a longer time after release to allow for more thorough BVT but then people would come whinging on the forums about that, too.

Considering the two points I raised above, I think the only thing that is clear is you have never worked in software development or ICT project management.

Once again, it was a small problem that was fixed immediately. If you hate Blizzard, fine - but this is not the hill to die on.

Unplayable bugs are not small. The raid was broken. Guilds organized their raids for 4pm EST and they couldn’t raid for over an hour. Some players have tough schedules and losing a whole hour of raid time can cause lots of issues (people having to leave, people get angry for raiding way later than expected, etc.).

The raid not working at release is simply not a small bug. Stop coping and simping to blizzard.

1 Like

Sheeeeeeesh you still going? We on AB now man, try to keep up.

1 Like

Being hyperbolic does not help your position. 99% of the game was still functional. And I guarantee that I have less spare time to play than you do.

As I have said multiple times: it should not have happened. But it is an understandable problem that was fixed almost immediately, and the vitriol from players such as yourself is completely unreasonable. I’m remiss to use analogies but think of it like this:

Scenario 1: Normal Human

• Customer: Excuse me, I’m missing part of my order.
  • Waiter: Sorry, the machine must have malfunctioned and not put it through properly. Here is the rest of your order
  • Customer: While you have fixed the problem, this has really put out the plans I had for tonight. If it happens again I will take my business elsewhere.

Scenario 2: WoW Player

• Customer: Excuse me, I’m missing part of my order.
  • Waiter: Sorry, the machine malfunctioned and -
  • Customer: WOW THE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RESTAURANT CAN’T EVEN MAKE FOOD THAT HAS EXISTED FOR HUNDRES OF YEARS, THIS IS LITERALLY UNEATABLE, THERE ARE CHILDREN IN AFRICA WHO WOULD TAKE THIS JOB MORE SERIOUSLY THAN YOU
  • Other Patron: Dude, you’re making a scene, and calm down it’s not that big a -
  • Customer: WOW STOP SIMPING FOR THE COMPANY BOOTLICKER YUMMY YUMMY GET THE BOOT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH

You mentioned Blizz has a bad track record on big patch releases. Then maybe you need to take some responsibility and either stop giving them your money, or maybe stop making plans to play new content immediately on launch. It sounds like you’re the bootlicker if you keep paying them to provide “unplayable” games.

If only this were still possible.

It’s funny you bring up simping for Blizzard, your actions must have been pointed out a lot to you in the past.

1 Like

It absolutely is possible. If Blizzard is ostensibly such an awful company that consistently fails to deliver quality products, grow a spine and cancel your subscription.

Since I value my wife and children over myself, I can, in fact, do things I do not want to with my time in order for my family to survive and thrive.

Video games rarely if ever accomplish this, so comparing a static situation like biting the bullet (such as keeping a job thats not fun but pays the bills well) to “my free time im wasting anyway got wasted in a way I wasnt comfortable with” is laughable at best.

2 Likes

Absolutely, that’s the point I wanted to emphasize: not everyone can afford to play this game for 16+ hours a day, every day of the year. Many can only dedicate a limited amount of time, so losing even one hour due to access issues can represent a significant portion of someone’s available gaming time.Time is the most valuable resource we possess. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever and can never be reclaimed.

All of that is under the guise of spare time usage though.

Would you be this upset if 30 minutes into a game of monopoly someone spilled water on the money, so you had to dry it out for a while and couldn’t finish the game that night?

No, nothing happens because time is still being used, just not the way you would prefer

It’s 100% Mindboggling that this content has been released five times over the past 20 years, and yet, they still haven’t managed to release quality!!!

They rarely launch anything 100% off the bat.

Id actually dare you to find something that they do, when they first did it, that it didnt have something wrong with it.

its easier to find a needle in an active Volcano

Any blue comments on the trials being reset before the raid gets bricked for a second week in a row?