Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

But they can demand anything and everything because void elves used to be Blood Elves and tattoos are permanent.

The only things they couldn’t demand are dark ranger stuff, felblood stuff, and maybe light oriented stuff.

1 Like

Bet they will still do it :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Blood magical stuff neither. No Dark Animus = NO Blood magic, ergo any “mutation” we get thanks to it they won´t be able to poach no matter how “Belfy” Umbric used to be.

They NEED the magical source to use it. No magical source, no use, period.

I suspect they will find a way to ask for the light oriented stuff following their “but MUH High Elf RP experience!!”, Fel they are already asking for using precisely the “Velves being former Belves DOES count in this case” argument.

And we got an a-hole already saying Dark Ranger and San´layn stuff should go to "them2 cause apparently only in that case Goth aesthetics become this “crucial relevant design thing”.

Personally ands to preserve Felblood and Dark Ranger / San´layn, I´d explain them as “secondary effects from Blood Magic practicioning” and move on. Best way to guard them.

1 Like

I just want something so distinct that they couldn’t possibly poach. If it were up to them they’d delete blood elves altogether, and it infuriates me to no end.

2 Likes

The Dark Animus (or to get customizations explained as effects of it) are our last hope. Precisely because it´s the ONLY thing present in Belf culture that needs it´s express presence to be possible.

Umbric could have stayed as a Belf literally until 5 secs ago, but this doesn´t matter cause he won´t be able to use Blood Magic stuff considering he doesn´t own the Dark Animus.

Also, we deserve to get some reward for sustaining the constant baiting of the dev team in regards to this magical update. Since Thunder Isle, EVERY time they portray the Belves on a military incursion, there are tons of Anima golems and founts with blood pools everywhere!!!

2 Likes

i saw yours and softsongs interaction on this subject and im with her. helfers want blood elves to lean into blood magic. its not an integral part of their society. the 3 pillars of blood elf society will always be farstriders, magisters and blood knights. some mages have learned to harness the power of the danimus to create their own dark anima golems. thats it

in legion they opted to use the arcane golems for the suramar assault. in BFA it seems they were just finishing what the blood trolls started, and were using torgas blood to make some golems. i wouldnt put much more into it beyond that

if they start actually doing rituals to create something like a dire orc for blood elves THAT would be a ‘secondary effect from blood magic’

what we need are our farstrider tattoos in blue and green(ive seen you post against these too :thinking:) and some magister runic tats and scars. after that who cares

well actually i want better transmogs in game like we see in the cinematics and out of game official blizzard art

Imgur

2 Likes

Quite the opposite, they want Belves to roll “Fel” (because that proves Belves are nothing but “evil” hypocrites that dared to exile poor wittle Umbric for researching Void magic even while they continue to use Fel magic 24/7. Believe me, I´m quite aware of this argument, if my memory is right it was the very source of the first confrontation i had with Alurna in SF circa pre-BfA times. And Alurna is those people´s Mahoma, the “creator” of the Helfer megathread cause. The temper tantrum she pulled when devs presented Void corrupted Velves instead of her beloved Helves as playable AR was legendary).

They also want them to roll “Light” (because that´s a proof the Belves have nothing in common with the Horde and that they need to reroll Alliance ASAP, after all their “culture” is literally constructed around the Alliance´s most iconic Church (remember Zandrae´s words about Purity Sue roleplayers? I bet you those belong to either the Pally / Priest Crowd OR the Mage / Hunter Crowd. Cause in those is painfully EASY to justify a “I´m a Helf in everything and If I could change the nametag I would” mentality. Monks, DK, DH, Warlocks and Rogues thanks to the nature of their class design aren´t good options to successfully pull this). However I´ll let Zandrae speak for himself regarding this theory.

i like being Horde, i find amazing the narrative that put them Belves on the Horde, ergo… If the way to KEEP THEM unique and Horde affiliated rest with HORDE leaning practices, the better. I want them to SEPARATE from the BS “Belves should had been Alliance since the start” mentality, and I´ll use ALL the tools the lore provides for ME to achieve this. No regrets involved whatsoever.

So… Blood magic was incorporated to become part of the mage society just like Fel previously was incorporated?

Funny. Explain them how Blood magic becomes “not relevant” in comparison to Arcane. When both are adopted and used by mages (heck, remember Talador? remember the BLOOD KNIGHTS using Blood magic in their expedition? so much effort involved in carrying to a literal other world something that´s “not an integral part of their society”.Maybe this is the point: Blood magic use derivated from Anima Golems BECAME an integral part of Belf society after Thunder Isle (Lor´themar himself seemed quite happy with it´s adquisition at least. And Astalor went as far as to kick out his apprentice thanks to her incompetence in dealing with this).

Lucky us Bleeding Hollow Orcs with knowledge to achieve this joined the Horde in BfA, don´t you think?

Whud? I´m against using the SAME aesthetics used in the Alleria model (sorry, not interested in emulating the idiot that was quick to judge Belves over working together with orcs while she dismissed the effects the Scourge had on the Belf nation in front of thye UNDEAD sister that was oneof the biggest victims of the aforementioned incursion), but I´m fully in favor of having access to ALL the colors we can use. Blue and green included.

Halduron needs his own model update, cause as far as that cinematic is concerned, his model should be sporting feathers since yesterday.

I noticed that…

Really don’t understand how void is not inherently just as bad as fel…

Like Umbric and his followers engage in some pretty evil actions during BFA…

It’s a wierd double standard.

2 Likes

Welcome to my World since a decade ago and counting… only until recent times the devs played with the idea that cosmical forces weren´t “good” nor “evil” per se as a result of their inherent nature, but before Legion this was pretty much a lore fact. Light, Arcane and Life were “always good” (and the evil actions of people using them got literally ignored by the narrative, I mean… what made Scarlets “Evil” was the Dreadlord controlling them, NOt their extremism back then); while Void (called Shadow back then), Fel and Death were “always bad” and the people that used them ALWAYS got called up by the narrative as “Bad / Villains”. This concept basically embodies what we lore junkies liked to call the MHP poster mentality.

Helfers aren´t terribly different in this regard, they never take into account the actual morality involved in the actions their fav character take, for them Belves were the “baddies” cause they used to employ Fel, and Fel is “bad” therefore their hyeadcanon is right and that´s it. No futher explanation was/is needed.

The blame can be put on the writers, after all they put the “Fel using” (Orcs, Belves), “Death using” (Forsaken, Trolls) and Shadow using (Forsaken again) races almost exclusively on the Horde. And the Horde “is the bad guys” too, so there you have how they created their self fulfilling profecy about Helves being “the superior” choice. Take into account how Light ( a “good” magic) was needed to “redeem the Evil Belves” back then, and how this very point was made moot for the lore in the Legion expac (oh, now we have “Evil” Light characters that get called out on that in the narrative a.k.a. Xe´ra. And the Mag´har intro is basically the devs exploring this same concept with “Deus Vult” Y´rel. Nowadays, Void can be good (Locus Walker) and Light “Evil” (Xe´ra). nowadays is not as simple as it was a decade ago.

And this tiny little bit fact drives them mad, and makes them fall into their usual denial, ergo the double standards. Happens to several Alliance posters too, after alll they have spent YEARS getting told by Blizz they are the “real Good guys”. Why do you think they jumpt to justify ANY morally questionable act their faction commits?

3 Likes

Its like people don’t see the histories before these peoples and where they’ve come from… how they got there… and where they are now as a single line.

Like they’re not the same peoples.

That somehow being blue is good no matter what and red is bad no matter what…

I agree with basically all of what you said there. Its frustrating. Coming from player, writers and just the general waffley feel of wow…

1 Like

Which is dumb, because red is objectively way better of a color than blue is.

Red is always better on cars too. Hands down.

So yeah, I agree.

Red is my favorite color in everything but politics. I’m also blue light sensitive, blue light and blue things give me migraines. A lot.

I’m going to chill for the night and play some final fantasy, where my elves have scars and warpaints and freckles like a ginger elf should have.

Red ones go faster.

3 Likes

I almost said that myself. lol

Что именно вы этим говорите?

республиканцев в U.S. обычно считают “красными”

Not sure if supposed to do U.S. in Russian letters or English cause its a name… Also I’m tired…

Нет-нет, я считаю, что это тайные антиреволюционные настроения.

Ну … ты не ошибся?

Okay that red isn’t the red I was thinking of.

Now that I’m done eating, it’s back to FF with me. I’ve got a few more combat jobs to level up to 20. And fishing.

We can only hope.
A bunch of them are fired up on dopamine at the moment, it shouldn’t last forever. lol

7 Likes