Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I don’t think they will because it helps create depth. Having everything red, gold and green is difficult to do realistically too. Even in our updated assets, there is some magenta in there.

4 Likes

The interesting thing to consider is in these files they are also updating human houses and the Org Zeppelin tower. So there are assets in the general parts of the world in the files. I think they might be doing asset updates here and there until there is enough to just put the updates in the game, so it’s not this huge all at once job.

5 Likes

I’m an American. I’m also a Red Sox fan. Our colors for both are red, white and blue but sometimes I wear my yellow top with black tights. Does that make me an un American Yankee Fan?

I know, right?

Not to get too grabby, but I am absolutely going to get grabby share those hairstyles asap actually Bliz

…and you know, some unique ones for everyone. But especially pandaren and blood elves who desperately deserve the option to have enchanted jewelry in their hair maybe even more than draenei

3 Likes

On the topic of the armor… I like having it, but it’s just way too cluttered for me to use it primarily.

It’s also why I don’t much care for the remade judgement set… or the old one all that much, but that’s kind of WoW hersey.

2 Likes

Oh theres nothing wrong with anyone using blue. No society is just going to drop a color because of a banner change. But whether some of them wear it or use it doesn’t make it a theme. It’s very obvious that blood elf colors are gold, red and green(gems) as a people.

In no way does that mean they can’t use other colors. That’d be ridiculous. I’m sure any updated city would still have many non-themed colors. Blue included.

Would love that so much. Kyuu wouldn’t change much but one or two of my other Belves very much would.

This.

I’m a fan of distinction between races and flavor so I’d love some options that show some of blood elves differences to other elves. Even simple things like scars and body scars to show how blood elves have been through a lot of combat.

This pretty much for me.

Yeah, different colors will no doubt exist especially for that reason.

It’s starting to look that way to me as well.

I hope they end up updating everything…

I think the boots are too clunky…

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Void elves are blood elves and my void elf should have access to blood elf hairstyles and vice versa. Just toss a few to each side. The only thing keeping my belf hunter a belf is the good hairstyles.

I need to change him to velf because I want him transmogged blue, and he’s a blood elf, and I had to bang my head against a wall to get what he’s wearing now. Turns out the perfect set is a warfront set from BfA, but ours is orc themed.

And this is going to sound really stupid…I need to change my nail polish. It’s not a huge issue, but my mage is wearing purple, and her nail polish is red. I just want like a couple swatches to swap from at the barber shop like we can with jewelry.

It’s a little…not disheartening, but kinda sucky to see all the options the dragons are getting and all I want to do is paint my nails purple lol

No I don’t want Velf styles and I don’t want anymore Belf styles given away. If they do another customization pass for us, give us unique things.

4 Likes

I only want the burgundy hair color they have, Orcs had it first and soon Dracthyr will have it as well so I don’t see why Blood Elves can’t have it as well, otherwise I wouldn’t want anything shared from Blood Elves and Void Elves past what it has been either.

1 Like

I’d like the black/red ombre hair they gave Dracthyr, because I requested it for Belves long before there was a such thing as Dracthyr. And some red and gold ombre hair. Just allow us to have highlights and gradient styles. Just make the styles themselves different.

https://www.hair.com/dw/image/v2/AANG_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-hair-us-Library/default/dw80ad99d9/blog/fire-ombre-hair-refresh-header.jpg?sw=480&q=70

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b4/e9/d1/b4e9d18b201da2633bc40a4087d3fdae.jpg

4 Likes

Yeah, I said in one of my Discords when all the customizations for Dracthyr were released that it seems like they took a lot of what people have requested for other races and gave it to them, I’m not sure if it was intentional or what but they are all there and in turn that’s why I have said multiple times since that I hope Blood Elves and every other playable race in game currently gets that level of customization attention eventually. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

A part of me felt resentment that they gave them all of that and cheaped out on us. But we aren’t FotM.

5 Likes

Same, especially when I seen stuff like the two tone hair and I thought of like phoenix hair that’s been suggested for Blood Elves or starcursed hair for Void Elves, same with like the customization for like bras, underwear, etc. but as I said I’m hoping we will get our time in the sun as well since really Dracthyr only have one class so only people that play Evoker will have the benefit of those customizations anyway and it’s a lot of work for just one class.

3 Likes

The best I think we can hope for at this point is Dracthyr laying the groundwork for the kind of customization overhaul to come for the rest of the races. Sadly, the fact that so many races currently exist would mean it would be a massive undertaking to do them all at once. Either Blizzard would do passes for a few races at a time (which means it would take a long time before someone’s favorite race got touched), or all races would get an overhaul but only a fraction of the effort that Dracthyr got being singularly focused on for Dragonflight.

I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that Blizzard realizes just how desirable the Dracthyr level of customization is for everyone else and use any relevant new hires they got from Proletariat to push a Dracthyr level customization pass for everyone at once. If nothing else, the “under the hood” work done for Dracthry customization should make it a bit easier and quicker to add more stuff to everyone else eventually. All we can really do at this point is keep our voices heard about what options we want to see on the other races, and pray that Blizzard listens.

5 Likes

With how they handled heritage armor, I don’t have the most faith. But maybe they’ll surprise me.

Loving all the new Blood Elf, Dwarf, Human, and Tuskar doodads.

All the new assets make me want housing even more though…

That would be great, but I’m not holding my breath lol

There is going to be a lot of belves with the reliquary maybe in a post launch patch we can see some customization from dragonflight. With the potent primal elemental power returning maybe we can tap into that which could open up blood elf shaman and maybe some elemental customization.

3 Likes

I can already see a Quel’thalas revamp world coming soon with these assets.

2 Likes

Oh please do say Quel’thalas then will be fully attached to Azeroth without a portal needing to go through and Silvermoon not being a carboard cutout?

1 Like

One can hope. Silvermoon is my favorite Horde capital, and I’d spend much more time there if I could a) fly, and b) have access to all the amenities such as transmog, barbershop, and void storage.

The current portal to Orgrimmar gives Silvermoon easy access to the portal room so that amenity is fairly accessible, but between the lack of flying, the smoke and mirrors/2d asset design, and the lack of other amenities, I can’t feasibly spend as much time in Silvermoon as I would prefer to.

2 Likes