Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

This sort of feels like it’s going to be a shame, imo. Why put so much resources into 1 race with 2 classes?

7 Likes

ONE class. It has access to one class with only two specs.

5 Likes

Think the time for me to retire my Blood Elves are coming near. I know It’s a game and I have no influence on it’s design philosophies, but man is it annoying to have one of your favourite races, a core race, feel like it’s a bottom-barrel allied race.

We have less options than Void Elves (especially BE males are bad, but that goes for most races compared to females) and have CC members advocating for VE to get the few remaining options that makes us unique? What? It does annoy me, because at this point I’m confident that VE will have more “HE-esque” customisation options than BE, who has no alternative to VE’s who have their, in my opinion, incredibly cool void esthethics.

8 Likes

I’m reminded of the image macro of the adult woman holding up one child in a pool while the one next to her is crying and looking ignored, and then the next image is a skeleton sitting in a chair under water.

I imagine the adults being Blizzard, the held child being the anti-belf activists (the loud obnoxious high elf fans), the distressed kid being actual void elf fans, and the skeleton being Blood Elf fans at this point.

It’s a sad state of things and the community clowns that actually pay attention are staunch Blood Elf haters pushing the anti-belf agenda.

6 Likes

They’ve found a scenario where quite literally nobody will be happy. It’s quite amazing. Blizz made a race with only one class, making those who want to play it but like their current class shafted. Blizzard is also funneling all their customization resources into this one race once class thing so even people who don’t want to play it get shafted.

4 Likes

I can’t help but be annoyed because a class that can’t tank is always going to be a distant third in my heart.

My preferred playstyle is to run in screaming at things, and I’ve long since come to terms with that. I love tanking and high risk, high reward melee in pretty much every game. My blood elves are all meathead lunks, too. Don’t get me wrong; I have casters (I have one of every class on each faction), but they do not spark the same joy as rushing in and bladestorming the enemy team regardless of common sense. Fistweaving is the closest I get to enjoying healing. So this new class feels like… kind of a wash for me. But with all that customization jammed onto them and them being dragons, argh.

I also really hope you’re not locked to one per server, too. I know I wanted a demon hunter for each faction for entirely too long, and my death knight saw the most race changes I ever bought in game (Which was like 2, but that’s a lot for me).

3 Likes

the fact that there wasn’t a black dragon themed tank spec is criminal imo.

2 Likes

I mean, they’re definitely putting all their eggs in one basket with the Dracthyr that I’m doubtful will pay off, but I’d like to be proven wrong.

It’s just crazy to me that after the backlash to the “no more customization in Shadowlands” comments at Blizzconline 2021, that they would then proceed to not add any further customization at the start of the next expansion for existing races.

5 Likes

Exactly! It’s insane to me that they think, yup this is enough.

Half the races got next to nothing, the rest are barely more than that and one or two got a bunch of nice stuff but still have lots of requests.

This is fine.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’m kinda hoping something is coming in 9.2.5 if it ends up answering the second distinct visual set of options request I am after idk it depends on how its done tbh

I still want Farstrider tattoos / Runic tattoos

Also this, thats how its been all SL sadly

10 Likes

There’s so much potential and Blood Elves got so shafted it’s rather sad.

10 Likes

Daily reminder to please let me toggle the tiara option on my bun! Or at least change the color from gold to silver like the rest of the jewelry.

14 Likes

I’m bouncing between utterly not expecting anything for Blood elves to actually having hope in the rumors that we’re getting the Darkfallen looks.

I don’t like it… (bouncing I mean)

The dream.

9 Likes

I want more hairstyles with braids, freckles, tattoos, optional hair accessories with more than just gold and silver and more gem colors than green, among other things.

11 Likes

What are your thoughts on sharing hairstyles between Nightborne and BEs, I feel like they have common ancestry, a new common friendship, Lor’themar and Thal are seeing each other, I’m normally against more sharing of visuals but its between two Horde races for example, but I am not set on the idea just a thought

For reference I really want this hairstyle on my new NB, but also really like the NB guys bun and the side part I would also hope they turned the jewelry on for guys the way NB have jewelry for both models

6 Likes

I wouldn’t take issue with an exchange of hairstyles between the Nightborne and Blood Elves.

Personally, I’m of the opinion that a lot of the hairstyles the Nightborne just don’t look good graphically. They look…rushed? I don’t know, but there’s a stark quality difference in the hairstyles Blood Elves have as compared to Nightborne. My hope is that the developers revisit and update the hairstyles the Nightborne have that are subpar.

It’s scary how much better Nightborne females look with some of the Blood Elf hairstyles.

8 Likes

I really like the side part and bun, but the side part is a little … weird texture but not as bad as one of the other ones I saw but those two are def my favs of NB

And I’d like the prince style on NB from BEs I think

Also just throwing this out there but if you’d like an invite to High Elves? More Like Bye Elves server you’re more than welcome, their resources channel is nice, if not thats cool too just thought I’d ask ^^, I love all the details and lore points you have for Nightborne regardless :sob:

4 Likes

I love that! It looks so good!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind an invite. My user ID’s Ellinia#8975.

6 Likes