Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I mean, I’m pleased with what blood elves are getting.

It’s cool.

…That doesn’t mean it’s everything I want, or that I will (or should) stop asking for blood elf stuff. I will continue my nefarious campaign of bumping all the customization threads I can make a wiseacre remark on until I have ALL THE CUSTOMIZATIONS. Muahahah!

Handily enough, the blood elf I did my heritage on was my paladin, so that’s workin’ out for me.

4 Likes

My biggest complaint about the blood elf paladin set is that it has blue gems.

Like, why? Blue isn’t really part of the blood knight palette. Green maybe. Or gold. But not blue.

I’d much rather have a real customization pass than a recolored suit of armor that took someone ten minutes to do.

1 Like

I wish it matched the tabard better. The grey is a slightly different color, and so are the reds. I can deal with the gems as accents or whatever, but the colors being off will annoy me forever.

Oh well, still more to play with.

See I’m blue light sensitive so for me blue gems border on a crime against humanity.

I deal well with blue (it’s a soothing color for me!). And I always like a bit of contrast, visually; however, similar but not matching colors are a loud annoying screech for me.

I hope more customizations are in the works for everyone… up to and including male orcs. Who I think are fine, but my perceptions are probably colored by not personally having any baseline orc dudes… or male humans. Eh.

The sheer amount of stuff that just a tiny but clearly mismatched shade difference makes doing sets really supremely annoying, so I’m not even that surprised the Argus recolor isn’t a total fit with the old tabard

(and the one item in-game that still looks like the BC-era blood knight ranseur has an extreme case of it with a red that IIRC clashes with literally everything)

1 Like

I just want some customization options I’ll enjoy. I am not super hyped about a set that is likely pally only and is a recolor.

7 Likes

THIS. I sympathize with this view deeply.

1 Like

I’m genuinely more excited about the quest and its delicious story than either of the above…

But I always like more options for dressing up my crew.

People being all worked up over the armor set as if it being added is an afront to night elves (who arguably got something like 48 thematically matching sets in the last two expansions if you count it with the same standard as a paladin class set recolor) when it would take between two to five minutes (realistically it’s more like under two minutes) per piece to color shift in Substance or Photoshop and was likely done in legion and isn’t really taking any art team time at all are silly.

1 Like

You’d think it would be a good occasion, as a quest, to include other items that are literally in the game files as rewards if you’re not a paladin - like the red version of Sunfury, bow of the phoenix that only belf ranger NPCs have had since it premiered in BC - but somehow no (the bow I mean for clarity’s sake: Shattered Sun rangers use it in Quel’danas, Sunsworn rangers use it in Warlords Talador and I’m pretty sure it shows up everywhere there’s belf rangers in general)

3 Likes

We got one of the best customization passes too. Like, I want heritage armor for nelves for sure, but I am fine waiting on that until races that don’t have spiffy warfront sets get their heritage armor first. Just as I am fine waiting for customization to be improved for races who barely had any effort put in before I ask for the additional things I’d like for nelves.

7 Likes

I kind of feel like ardenweald is basically nelf heaven and their sets are kind of nelf coded aesthetically.

By contrast I am not sure if there have been any belf themed sets added to the game since BC outside of the heritage armor.

Maybe the night hold hunter set PVP version for horde that has the quintessential belf palette.

4 Likes

Yeah I like the night hold hunter sets, but those are just mail so not every class can benefit from the aesthetic. Also yeah, Ardenweald armor very much has the nelf theme to it as well, so that’s a bunch more armor that we can use.

3 Likes

Normal Hunter T19 I feel fits more (gold-green-red rather than just borderline monochromatic red)

I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch to claim it’s night elf gear outright.

However it’s also a stretch to claim a paladin only recolor is a heritage set.

I’d only claim the former unironically in the context of response to the later claim.

2 Likes

BLOOD ELVES ARE THE SUPREME RACE OUT OF ALL THE OTHER RACES.

Except the void elves.

I doubt that very much, unless it’s a scenario.

There are a lot of leaks that go around each time a new expac is coming and most things from them aren’t true.

1 Like

We learned from you Helfers.

3 Likes

Do people think we’re a monolith or something…? We’ve been asking for customization, not a green chicken that hasn’t even been updated yet. I mean, good for paladins I suppose, but to expect a gearset that was already in the files for one type of class mind you to actually satisfy people is ridiculous.

We asked for tattoos & scarring, many of us here, and we were handed jewelry that only female elves can use & clashes with most transmog. I’m using it on a total of 0 characters because it looks so bad.

Customization is about how your character looks, not the clothing they put on. So getting a gearset fit for paladins and a green chicken isn’t going to satisfy practically anyone, no.

I’ll stop complaining when they actually add what we’ve been asking for.

10 Likes