Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

-archive.org/download/i1254170_trbvm_Ss20/ss7.jpg
blizz conceptual art tattoos like rommath

3 Likes

3 Likes

Just keep in mind we´re here for you.

Grief is quite a long process.

Tell me about it… if you had asked me in january, I´d picked different levels of damage on the ears than the ridiculous half-elf cop-out they gave us (cause sorry, but the shortest ears STILL break the helms ergo they´re useless for most people sans the ones wanting to RP a half-elf).

I meant more from an average gamer PoV… most average players don´t pay attention to the lore.

I know you posted it before but now that I took a closer look… is that a tear shaped Tilaka between the elf´s eyebrows? (and I call it a Tilaka cause it´s a male, were the model of the concept art female that would be a Bindi).

Cause if it was… omg the marks on the arms -that we call “magister tattoos”- gain a whole new meaning. And the weird part is that some things start to make too much sense now (the whole “balance” spiritual and principle related to Mana Tap for starters, the pretty much common Indu-Islamic design on the Belf architecture, and so on…)

Damn, now I´m VERY unsure about how bad would be to ask for designs similars to this concept art regarding the forehead decoration, it´s borderline cultural appropiation though on the othert hand the Belves seem to be weirdly incorporate some stuff from these irl cultures.

6 Likes

Half elves on horde though… that must be a wild way to rp lol

Very wild considering even “nice guys” like Lor´themar and Halduron despise half elves.

3 Likes

Hehe I wish I could convince people that Blood elves hates half elves on my half elf thread as well as you can. Mind sharing the places where I can source them easier?

Crap this topic we treated on SF a looong time ago. Basically, I don´t think canon info related to this particular topic is available currently (most topics relates to Half elves were decanonized together with the RPG books), but we DO know both Halduron and Lor´themar despised Nathanos cause they saw his inclusion in the Farstriders corps as a weird form of nepotism, they were more than a little bit racist and saw him as inferior by default tbqh.

1 Like

is our part of lore

-i.imgur.com/GU5GCF1.png
-pbs.twimg.com/media/EidtUm0XsAE6f0k.jpg

They also treated Kalecgos badly in the Sunwell Trilogy when they thought he was just a half elf.

2 Likes

I didn´t remember the source, but yes, you are correct.

As far as lore goes, the High elves didn´t see with good eyes the their race mixing with humans nor any other race (cultural thing… I guess Liressa is writhing in her grave somewhere, right?)

1 Like

That I didn’t know about. interesting.

Half Elves are screwed on both sides frankly. If your Mother or Father is a Blood elf and not a High Elf, and even then, that’s a harder to make distinction than people think at a glance, you will be always met with suspicion.

You’re too tied to the Horde for the Alliance and you’re too tied to the Alliance for the Horde. You don’t really belong anywhere. ‘How can we trust them?’ on top the whole ‘Wow you’re like us but…you’re not enough like us’ mentality.

1 Like

Most half elves is not related to the elves that remained in silvermoon. They came from high elves that remained alliance/Dalaran and humans. So I do not see your point.

1 Like

The point is that culturally speaking, the thalassian elves aren´t welcoming of hybrids as per their cultural upbringing, ergo they won´t find themselves accepted in Silvermoon. They may be accepted in Dalaran, but that city-state loves to preach about false “neutrality”.

In Alliance only territories I´m not sure how much would they be accepted -if they ncome from Helfer background (most probably) they would do fine, but in the rare case they come from a Horde Belf, the former political affiliation would indeed work against them.

Frankly, I don´t think we will see Human / Belf hybrids. The hybrids will probably stay relegated to Helfer origin ergo no issues for the race politically speaking on Alliance. The most hybrid I expect to maybe see Horde side involving elves will be with the Nightborne (ergo, elves).

2 Likes

Basically yeah. If half elves makes it to game they most likely will not be of blood elf origin. Specially since the average blood elf looks down on humans.

1 Like

Basically. Belves can get “hybrids”, just not with humans the way I see it -thanks to the way the lore went-.

Now going back to the topic of the thread… I´m ambivalent regarding that Tilaka / Bindi (on one hand I think if the devs built more in the actual Belf philosophy of balance it would be a great customization -also it plays with their OCD to give Belves “jewerly”, they can give us jewerly with actual spiritual and cultural MEANING-), but I´d hate for them to get hate because of cultural appropiation.

Damn, we need people from India giving us their opinion on this in here.

So, don’t know if this has been said or not but; with the Sunwell restored and it’s energies thus suffusing all Blood Elves, and with the influx of BEs asking for VE hair styles: why not have the hair styles transfer over, but with Arcane blue and Light gold instead of Void tentacle corruption? in the natural hair colors of course.

Never heard of blood elves asking for VE hairstyles… they be balding lol.

4 Likes

Because they don’t, only one I’ve ever seen anyone mention they like or would potentially want shared is the melancholy one.

1 Like

In most cases where half elves (and most other half races) that’s kinda part of the point of playing one.

You’re neither side of your parenthood, and struggling against a society that often rejects you.

3 Likes