Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I like the grey hues with the dark lips. I also love the bat ears idea as well for San’layn.

3 Likes

I mean the official art depiction on Belf jewerly is seen in the TBC cinematic… and I don´t remember that Priest Belf using a necklace that could manage to decapitate her had she fallen to the ground. She had a choker, if jewerly was the only thing the devs were gonna bother giving us why didn´t they check their OWN official art ffs!!

Heck, she uses an actual Tiara, not the princess crown the most recent haircut has implemented by default (we really need that toggle).

Agreed 200% here, I mean the TBC cinematic priest has some pretty subtle and tasteful jewerly (choker, tiara, armbands). What we got is an aberration in comparison.

7 Likes

I always pictured us more like the NPC’s with red eyes just with different skintones and hairstyles, stuff like that because it would just be an eye color change like the green, blue, purple and golden ones that we already have, not saying people wouldn’t try to go for a look like that if they wanted to but it’s mainly just an eye color switch like any other one. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. All hairstyles, on every race, that have hair accessories like that, should have a toggle if possible IMO.

9 Likes

And a color wheel for customization for the metal colors and the gemstone colors, never forget the color wheel.

5 Likes

looks at self in mirror and tells self to resist the urge to art-dump San’layn now

:stuck_out_tongue: Great pictures

8 Likes

Other than this post here from me

I believe I haven’t done any further asking of for VE. Lot after that appears to be forum pvp.

Usually turns out to be with Mag/Soft (Feels like that Professor McGonagall meme where she’s like ‘why is it everytime …’ And then it turns to Harry/Ron/Hermione, but it’s me, Mag, and Soft instead :rofl:)

I’m Hermione ofc. :grin:

But yeah I’ve not ever said anywhere Blood Elves shouldn’t get options of any kind, I’m all for more customization for every single playable race in the game. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Feel free to post them, as I mentioned in your thread two fronts work better than one.

Absolutely, if not the coloration issues continue to become a problem. Indeed something related to actual design as far as WoW´s engine is concerned.

3 Likes

I love a lot of the looks. I was going through the video of the San’layn thread. The eyes, the hair, everything, such great suggestions.

3 Likes

I feel if most every other game can do a color wheel for character customizations WoW and Blizzard can, plus being real about it we really need it for eye colors, hair colors, nail colors, metal colors, gemstone colors, armor colors, etc.

3 Likes

Yup, it is. Ergo my claim that trying to fix actual errors of design with ducktape measures is basically just adding to the same problems in the long run.

The devs apparently use a design engine that can´t support a color wheel -I think it´s related to the textures? I´m not sure tbqh-, ergo why they are so limited in thye customization aspect of the game.

I find this hard to believe just for the simple reason whenever they want to add something of a certain color or colors they can and they do and it doesn’t take much time, look at all the colors we get of mounts, pets, outfits, hair, etc. but it’s still the same mount, pet, outfit, hair color, etc. I think it’s more they just don’t want to do it vs they can’t do it.

It’s not that Blizzard can’t do it, it’s just that WoW isn’t designed to do it. The original design of wow uses textures with colors baked in. This allowed them to have better looking textures (for the time) with less of a resource hit. Right now every skin color, and every hair color are their own textures. Making them dynamic would reduce the number of texture files needed (though the ones that remain would probably be bigger files).

For Blizzard to implement a color wheel, they’d first have to redo most character skin/hair/eye textures in the game to make them dynamic (able to take assigned colors). This would end up being a lot of work. But if it was also done for weapons and armor, it would enable Blizzard to implement a dye system for gear. Though Blizzard is kind of incentivized not to add such since they can throw recolors at us as “new” things to get.

This I know and I would never say that it wouldn’t take time, effort or resources but it would be well worth it in the long run and we would all benefit from it as customers and as players, it’s why it’s something I push so strongly now because then we could actually have characters customized in almost every aspect to be what we want exactly and that opens a lot of windows to us all becoming unique in our own personalized ways. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

Haha I’ll toss some pictures in here, sure!

By https://twitter.com/MizunoSuzuka, this shows my OC (This character!) and my lover’s OC together. It shows the piercings that I’d love to have (facial piercings) on my elves that we likely won’t ever get ( :frowning: ). It also shows a bat necklace on a chain. Then, there’s the classic fangs. I’d also love if we were able to change lipstick color. Or have haircolor streaks in our hair.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734606233713115137/743358425823445022/SOULBLACKTALON_FULLRES.png

This is Soul, by https://twitter.com/jawbonesart. His hairstyle would be cool to have on our elves. He also shows scarring, and of course a missing eye. (…He’s one of my many troubled past OCs…). This also shows a wider, more bat-like ear. And, of course, the classic fangs.

Robert Smoke is not technically an elf, but this piece by https://twitter.com/eldrtchmoon shows some blood and claws that would be cool for San’layn. And, beyond those ideas, jewelry that’s a bit ‘different’ (golden chained spider necklace). He also has rings on all of his fingers, which could be neat. He also shows full-body scarring.

This piece of Ares by https://twitter.com/dearHadrian shows why I’m still sad blood elves don’t have this hair style :frowning: But also shows bladed teeth, where all of them are sharp. Also he’s an OC everyone seems to like but I can’t quite figure out why… (this is sarcasm)

11 Likes

Was gonna try to explain but Nico beat me to it. Indeed, a design issue.

Takein mind what he said: the “recolors” are stuff they promote to us as “rewards”. with an actual color wheel, no reskinned tier / etc. would be acceptable as a reward when player may very well create their own unique stuff since the very beginning.

It is indeed a design “policy”. I do think they should change the design policy AT LEAST as far as character customizations are concerned, maybe not on armor if they believe this represents a “loss” for them.

VERY beautiful, hehehe… Hero class combos seem to get some romantic portrayal.

I found this, which apparently is a DH with a DK (the male at least has the basic DK haircolor and the classic ice blue eyes), posted by Nicaraogaming on twitter:

https://twitter.com/nicaraogaming/status/964597719884066823?lang=es

Exactly this, more importantly cause you don´t “buy” nor get “in-game” rewards coded as hair colors et al.

4 Likes

Well for my part here, I haven’t ever mentioned stuff like mounts, pets, armor, etc. until just now because I’ve always been more about the character customization part of it, so I could accept that as long as they’d allow stuff that counts like hair colors, eye colors, nail colors, metal colors, gemstone colors, etc.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Omg, I found a concept art 3D for damaged ears made by u/wrath_babyy and posted on reddit:

https://preview.redd.it/mq6fno5l7xe61.jpg?width=2400&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=731c3fed433061cd73ab46e7bdc103bb67a122fb

A comission done by ShadowPriest on Devianart:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/10bcfa0c-24e0-46b2-810d-ad75c14cdd6c/ddqec4a-cf215ce4-2ce5-4c3c-9221-d241b2f85fb3.jpg/v1/fill/w_600,h_750,q_75,strp/___commission__blood_elf_hunter____by_shadowpriest_ddqec4a-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMTBiY2ZhMGMtMjRlMC00NmIyLTgxMGQtYWQ3NWMxNGNkZDZjXC9kZHFlYzRhLWNmMjE1Y2U0LTJjZTUtNGMzYy05MjIxLWQyNDFiMmY4NWZiMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.EqZ88QO6Uw0oHVIXH-oKdauyvxpWAyLRySaM1tPqoGo

This one i like how the runes are only partially iluminated -seems like a cool effect the devs could customize AFTER implementing the basic designs-

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/21/d5/14/21d51493139bf5e4cf4847588ece8946.jpg

Btw, thanks, Fen!!! How is the progress of your nuthread going, btw?

6 Likes

I’m feeling this so much.

There is a vampire ARPG being developed called V Rising. It looks really good. I might play that for a bit once released. Just to satiate the need for vampire elves.

4 Likes