Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Remember when these people were insisting vulpera was a completely different race so they are more like a core race than an AR? I member

2 Likes

In case it helps you see it.

Not the point? Skeletons are the defining feature, not the looks. Skeletons give them their animations and everything. And yes, we’ve seen they gave them a unique dance, but I severely doubt they’re going to go through and change all of their combat animations. Considering we see they share the melee animation with worgen in the trailer.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but like… If those count as paladin (skin or otherwise) then the concepts outlined for blood elf druids should be valid.

It’s one of the most commonly requested classes to be added to blood elves…

Not pertinent to this thread, but I do think gnomes are also underrepresented.

Shaman or paladin should be ready pulls for gnomeregan gnomes and I think shaman or paladin could be done with some added work for Mechagnomes.

I’m not sure that’s the worgen skeleton myself but either way it’s not a worgen by any means.

Also their “human” form is only for female… Like these examples aren’t 1:1’s here.

If the Dracthyr were just recolored humans or whatever that would make sense but they’re very clearly not human.

Spite. As always.

This just supports my point on belf druid. The concepts outlined could easily fit blood elves just fine if the Riftblades are being used to count for paladins.

And I want to point out I am very happy for the concept of void paladins, personally, for the velves, Forsaken, Mag’har and maybe even the worgen. (better with worgen as that evens out the sides.)

Also minor quibble but both of these do use the Light.

The source is just through a different means than the more common Silver Hand or Hand of Argus approaches.

I take it night elves and draenei aren’t your favorite.

(ignore this part I’m just poking fun here.)

In what… Way? Did you not suggest they would use the void too?

They could do either it just makes more thematic sense for their church of forgotten shadow that they too use void if it’s an option.

This is actually done a lot.

Also npcs often use mana despite being classes that don’t use it.

Doesn’t go to either argument.

This is what I was thinking it might be…

I kinda want blizz to mention which rig it is… These things get so outta hand.

This is a weird argument in a blood elf thread…

Then remove paladins for velves or Forsaken…

There’s nothing for either.

Either make assumptions across the board or don’t.

Absolutely.

6 Likes

Four toes, three toes. You can see it in the combat pose, the demon form and dracthyr both stand straight while female worgen mean forward.

They also hold their wings the same way.

4 Likes

Which includes Belf Druids. It’s not something I personally need. But you have to have some special agenda to be ignoring selectively what people have requested.

They absolutely do not. In lore the void counters the light.

No we were not. They don’t even stand the same nor have the same stature. We were just given another type of purple elf.

8 Likes

It’s the exact logic you used for Tauren Mages:

Their Mage cavern is for other races, like Undead mages.

7 Likes

I’ll show you the combat poses on discord. They really obviously don’t use the worgen combat pose but it’s identical to the demon hunter.

3 Likes

Exactly the point I was making.

Riftblade Kelain supports them not being Paladins, since he’s a Warrior.

Random NPCs who just happen to have mana bars don’t.

Lots of non-combat vendors have mana bars. They don’t mean anything on their own.

4 Likes

Except it doesn’t. If you can link me blood elf NPCs that are very obviously druids, other than the one in Botanica that is dead, feel free and I’ll add it to the thread. But there aren’t any to my knowledge.

I play both lol. The Void Elf skin tones just include that weird “Around the eyes” darkening which makes them look like they’re about to violently expel their lunch.

Yes, but I’m using the people’s here logic that refuse to read the thread and see I suggested they both use the void.

3 Likes

So you are gonna ignore this and then tell everyone Vold Elf Paladins are in lore, lolololololol.

8 Likes

I’d love Mechagnome Shaman. Cyborgs shooting lightning bolts? Come on, it’s perfect!

4 Likes

Honestly, I was hoping when they revealed Mechagnomes they’d have Shaman and Druid, and have a story about how being inside the crust of azeroth gave them a connection to the elements and azeroth/wild gods.

But alas. X_X

1 Like

I’d respect them more if they just admitted they only care about the alliance instead of lying

3 Likes

You know, the fact that people are bringing up issues with your suggestion and your response is to say things like this is incredibly immature and abuse of the CC privlege.

It’s like saying: “I’m on here, none of you are, you’re not going to get heard unless you stop arguing with me.”

That’s… not right. At all. I don’t care about race/class combinations other than I don’t believe in restrictions at all. Void Elf Paladins don’t have lore to back them up. In fact, they have the opposite, they explode when crossed too much.

If they want to make a void class skin for it, fine, but other class skins would need to be in place too, like forsaken druid (Which would be the equivalent) using the death side of the druid spectrum. Blood elf druids make sense as well, there’s a boss who uses it. Not to mention, anyone can worship loa or wild gods. Not too much of a stretch to say a group of elves decided to do just that, since they’re not a hive mind.

Actually, the only ones that really don’t make sense ARE the opposing magical types, in other words, void elf paladins, due to the explosion angle. They could literally just retcon that aspect or toss in a ‘actually void elves are strong enough to resist that issue’ though. Any other race/class combination could be explained away with: [This mentor taught me how to do it]. So yeah, no combo should be opposed, in my personal view. Including Blood Elf druids. If we’re using ‘lore’ to argue stuff, ‘lore’ can be explained away by additional information in every single situation. Easily.

That argument aside, though, and returning back to your addition there:
It really reflects badly on you and others in the void elf community. This is why people distrust the CC, among many other reasons, but it 100% demonstrates my point as to why Blizzard shouldn’t listen to this small selection of members. There’s own agendas people are pushing, which was going to end up happening anyway, but they should listen to all sides of the issue. Not funnel it into one & hope everyone is heard.

It leads to situations exactly like this. And again, is an abuse of the position there.

18 Likes

I think I prefer the robot form idea for Mechagnome Druids. If they do go the class skin routes, that’s kind of like a Tinker skin. Put it on regular Gnomes and their forms could be a Mech Suit for Bear and a Gazlow like backpack for Cat.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty manipulative. I’m tempted to report it to Blizzard.

5 Likes

Oh yes, that entire list of Horde races I listed. Totally only Alliance.

No. I simply do not believe there is in-game references that support Blood Elf Druids or Shaman, and as I said in the post, if people have evidence of it, they are welcome to tell me and I will add it. Other CC members are also more than welcome to share them.

2 Likes

It’s not even close. Look how different the shape of the leg is.

2 Likes

…do you guys just not know what skeleton means?

3 Likes

There absolutely is, you just selectively brush it off. People already told you. You then flash your badge at everyone and threaten to take away requests people have made.

7 Likes