Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Speak for yoursElf. I am.

1 Like

This better to be Elves than Elvis.

1 Like

My Pally on the PTR: https://i.imgur.com/kRv6FUo.png

Spoilers about the quests:

Summary

I liked most of it, except the race in Bastion. I felt that was wildly out of place with the seriousness of the storyline and did not fit at all.

6 Likes

I’m not even sorry but I really love this armor I’m glad we got the whole set (obviously)

I know some people weren’t the biggest fans of it but I love it

8 Likes

Yeah same. I love the Blood Knight look and am happy to have an updated armor. Now if Belf Pallys could get an updated mount. The Legion hall ones do not have Belf colors and don’t match. The old Pally mount is looking so ancient these days.

6 Likes

They need gold gems instead of blue.

I entirely agree with this.

I like this one the best.

Hey I know that handsome elf!

Kinda agree with him.

7 Likes

I’d have preferred gold gems instead of blue. But for some reason it still works for me. It still looks nice.

7 Likes

I think it’d be nice if they extended Blood Elves magic theme a bit more. I’d imagine it is still a large part of their culture, the light obviously got integrated into that but it feels almost forgotten in recent years that they are also the OG mages lorewise.

9 Likes

Oh yeah wanted to dip in here and repeat that I fully support the notion of felblood elf customization and would adore if the lore was expanded for them. I’d use that customization on several of my elves ^^

That and/or phoenix themes.

11 Likes

Felblood feels like an easy answer to a whole lotta problems that giving void elves the option to look exactly like belves as well. Since it’s an entirely unique theme that only they will have. Could also be achieved with DR or San’layn :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Here’s a summary of the “Subrace” options for blood elves.

Racial identity options

• Dark Ranger Themed Options. (Red Eyes, Pale/Undead Faces & Skins, and Dark Ranger Makeup.)
  • San’layn Themed Options. (Fangs, Claws, Batlike Ears, and Pale/Undead Faces & Skins)
  • Felblood Elf Themed Options. (Fel Tainted Skin and Potentially Horns/Claws.)
    These Subrace options could be added through a quest like Nightwarrior options for Night Elves where.

These would open up a LOT of new stories and options for Blood Elf characters.

5 Likes

You should be able to report the pieces as being bugged and point out that blue isn’t a belf color or whatever and maybe someone might see it and check.

1 Like

I did report the set as bugged, but not for appearance. Right now the cape won’t transmog.

They might revoke my access if I reported the look as a bug lol. I can give feedback in general about thoughts.

4 Likes

I highly doubt they will. I’m pretty sure I have reported things like that in the past. I think I reported the heritage armor for having blue gems originally as well.

If you report it and they don’t agree they won’t fix it but the whole point of the ptr and beta realms are to get feedback and bug reports.

I think making a lot of big reports on things is what caused me to get beta invites to every blizzard product since legion.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll be using this Pally Hall mount with that mog. https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/602413.jpg

It doesn’t exactly go with it, but it’s close I guess. I’d rather a black steed or black epic looking Hawkstrider. Something near the Vicious Warstrider but different color theme.

4 Likes

If I manage to get my Belf pally to 60 before ptr ends I’m gonna report it as a bug that they’re not golden. (less a bug and more a suggestion of course.)

I could live with blue but it feels lazy not to have the gems be gold.

All of this!

Farstriders, magisters and blood knights are three main focus’ of their race but they’ve also several other possible options blizzard could bring more forefront.

The Dark Animus Golems and the mages that tend to them. Blood mages. It’d be nice to see a resurgence of the spellbreakers.

(I have a headcanon that the Orgrimmar portal guards were trained by Spellbreakers.)

I very much want some lore for several of the options for many races at this point but definitely in the cases where a subrace is added through that method.

Love the light and fire/Phoenix theme concepts I’ve seen.

All of this.

Absolutely!

I once reported every quest involving Nathanos as “bugged” because there was a guy with a Sylvanas plushie shoved up his butt.

I think you’ll be ok if they haven’t removed my access yet.

I know I showed one just a bit ago but…

Both by Somand.

Either would be an improvement.

6 Likes

Definite improvement and what I’d prefer. But with us just getting the green Hawkstrider, I have my doubts they’ll do anything about the Pally mount soon.

4 Likes

Yes, this so much.
Leveling my first Blood Elf, magic seemed to be so upfront and I really miss that.

5 Likes

I definitely am not a fan of light stuff (think I’ve made that clear) regardless of the mockups and oppose blood elf light themes heavily (unless we get a lot in a different theme first). It just seems like people are trying to turn them even more into ‘light worshipping humans’ and Lightforged Draenei.

If the ‘light theme’ was phoenix stuff, though, I’d be fine with it, because that’d feel uniquely blood elf rather than just a ‘let’s be a mary sue version of void elves and not be anything original since Lightforged Draenei already completely cover that in-your-face-preachy’ theme.

I really abhor how far Blood Elves have stepped away from being unique and interesting, and how it feels like some folks want to turn them into mock light-obsessed humans, no different from high elves some folks on the alliance obsess over due to this really, really offputting and weird obsession with ‘purity’ people are stuck on.

7 Likes

I’m going to check to see if I have the ptr installed and possibly get in there and do it myself…

4 Likes