Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I don’t disagree that they’re forsaken. I disagree that they should be a toggle option for undead. Few people would use the Lordaeron undead model. It would dilute the race, as they are predominantly Lordaeron undead.

If it had been an option to make your horde race undead from the start, and start in Lordaeron, then it would work, but since that wasn’t what happened, we got human undead instead.

And two different race aesthetics in one, I mean undead human and undead blood elf as a toggle. Not two separate races.

5 Likes

Okay , I understand that reasoning. Thank you for clarifying and opening me up to that perspective of things. I doubt they’ll be a model toggle anyway.

5 Likes

im going to look at void elves again…

:nauseated_face:

I think void elves were a massive mistake, but that’s not the comparison I was trying to make. I was merely saying you select undead and click elf option instead.

I think it would have been neat to have had all the horde races be able to become undead, instead of just the humans (but have the human model be also available). There would be some grey area with other alliance races, but that was weirdly retconned in cataclysm by saying they can’t be raised as forsaken. I’m still confused by that.

Anyway, imagine an undead Tauren with rotting horns, or a pale undead orc.

9 Likes

That would be epic. I’d probably have very few living characters left if this ever happened (it won’t.)

4 Likes

Night, night people!!!

Considering the continued controversy surrounding the Belf warpaint, I think it´s be good to post on this images and sources:

These are from the “Scrolls of Lore” forums, more precisely from the Pre-release Screenshots of the WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos thread:

https://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/war3_prerelease/100.jpg

I actually like a LOT how the warpaint on this model is very similar to the burning scars the Dark Rangers (or more properly, Sylvanas) got for their more recent versions.

This link to this thread too explains pretty much how WC3 ALMOST dropped with a better Hero skin for Sylvanas (but for some reason they backtracked?):

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hero-ranger-pre-beta-look-a-like.130940/

Personally, I suspect they removed it cause they either perceived it made Helves / Nelves too similar. Hilarious thing is, they ended up implementing the concept in WoW with Sylvanas´ model at the end.

Also, regarding the “reforged” models, I wonder is asking for a make up option similar to the eyebags and dark circles of the Reforged Dark Ranger models would be a good idea? (I mean, i guess sometimes I´d like for my Belf to “express” her stress levels -living in Azeroth doesn´t seem terribly relaxed tbqh-.

Examples:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vc8KjX-S_tg/maxresdefault.jpg

https://areajugones.sport.es/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ciri-the-witcher-3.jpg

5 Likes

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vc8KjX-S_tg/maxresdefault.jpg

3 Likes

Hehehe, thanks Fen. I must admit I dig A LOT the eyebag marks on the Reforged Dark Ranger image.

Also a shame how the WC3 ranger model for Sylvanas got her marks removed just to put them once again in WoW, lul.

4 Likes

Fun fact, the Rangers where meant to be Half Elves.

These fearless Half -Elven women are masters of survival and wilderness exploration.

According to WoWpedia.

1 Like

Maybe, though what´s the source cited in WoWpedia? Cause if it´s sourceless, then it very well may be a troll addition or something (remember that WoWpedia can be modified by any Dick and Harry).

At the end they went with full elves -I guess half elves getting powned wasn´t as dramatic an effect?-

Lot´s of cool stuff for the Belves that wasn´t implemented… I´ll forever mourn the loss of the shameless BfA transmutation circle ripoff portrayed in the RPG -though other stuff from the RPG was cringe-.

I believe they where still playing around with the story. They wanted some sort of Elf in the Alliance but weren’t sure how to do that with the elves leaving after WC2.

They had much cooler stuff in the RPG. Much more defined.

Some stuff was interesting… the blatant borderline villain batting? Yeah no, after a decade+ of the Horde races getting villain batted for the outrageous sin of well… rolling Horde, I rather got a new appreciation on the more balanced current writting put on the Belves.

They are in a nice middle… not terribly reckless (that portion was put on Velves), not terribly conservative (portion put on Helves).

3 Likes

Feels like they have been defanged a bit IMO but to each their own.

Here’s the link btw. Can’t pick out the exact quote atm because I’m downloading games to my new PC because my net is laggy.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger_(Warcraft_III)

Finally, I´ll post these tattoos -seen on Felblood elves but you know what? they look cool and are uniquely Belfy, we may as well ask for them to get something unique and non poachable if Fel stuff is the only thing the Helfers are willing to respect-:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/a4/07/19a407a26cd07f7d5cace8d201cd03a8.jpg

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/e878a159-60f4-44df-a517-328b76b10856/d61t558-361c2885-2af2-4229-8bc7-fd49439085a7.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_700,q_75,strp/felblood_elf_by_sainro_d61t558-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTg3OGExNTktNjBmNC00NGRmLWE1MTctMzI4Yjc2YjEwODU2XC9kNjF0NTU4LTM2MWMyODg1LTJhZjItNDIyOS04YmM3LWZkNDk0MzkwODVhNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Umhx-owRP_0t2r2Z3lI-AliMF-euZMvaxgQNycAateg

https://i.imgur.com/JG0P8Jx.png

https://pm1.narvii.com/6189/2e1154871e2b2ed2f6186be639d0fd7867d7cc6d_hq.jpg

Recklesness to the point of self destruction is not something I appreciate on my narrative. There´s a difference between acting pragmatic and acting irresponsible if not downright idiotic.

Belves WERE stressed to the point of acting irresponsible to their lasting survival (there are limits one should keep after all), fortunately nowadays they do seem to keep some modicum of coherency regarding how far they are willing to go in their persecution of resources to improve their standing on Azeroth.

Liadrin getting a prominent cameo in WoD =/= portrayal for the Belf race, that was just the portrayal of Liadrin. Heck, the official text description on the official webpage pretty much says this, that the Belves as a race are complex and you find pieous angels like Liadrin as well as your average Fel sucking scumbag.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Well I grew up on the WC3 - TBC ones, so I am bit biased. They felt more powerful and demanding. The Survivalist at great cost mentality was very unique compared to other medias elves.

I feel like they basically did to them what they did to the Night Elves. Made them more ‘human’ to fit in.

Problem is all the Blood Elf leaders, Liadrin included, keep getting typed i less then glorious roles.

Rommath being the only one I actually like now-a-days.

And yes, those Fel Tatts are amazing.

2 Likes

Ugh wow the problem with those images are that I just want the felblood elves playable all the more. Like that’s super awesome and I love them… argh! I wish there was more stories on the felblood elves and possibly them allying with Silvermoon, sort of an offshoot group like the Ebon Blade is to the scourge, or the Illdari is to the Legion.

The want is so real. ;-; They are so much cooler than the direction I see blood elves going right now in my personal opinion (again I know my opinion isn’t majority since apparently people like non-monster elves more).

11 Likes

Not terribly different from some portrayals of the Tolkien elves, I think?

Considering how “good” are the average Blizz writers regarding gray writting, yeah I rather get a less “edgelord” vibe. Look at how bad they dispatched Kael´thas for the sin of making an Alliance with Illidan at the end of WC3.

He was made into a meme ffs. Look at current Sylvanas, the poster child in how NOT to writer an abuse survivor, and so on…

I sustain someone on the executive ladder of Blizzard actually really likes Rommath, we don´t joke in SF about him being always right for the lols.

He literally ALWAYS ends up being indeed right regarding his opinions, it´s hilarious. I adore him -will fight Midare to death to “own” him -not really, as a friend we settled for scheduling his time between both of us XDXD-.

Is not that we “like” the non monster version more -at least in my case- is that I have like ZERO faith Blizz won´t literally villain bat them to the point of stupidity if they seem remotely edge-lordy (certified has happened every time on the Horde side of the story… Edgelord monsters in the Horde get relegated to villain fodder smh).

I like how the designs are still somewhat appliable to a regular “nature loving” Farstrider too… the second image look like inverted leaves and all.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s the big concern, I agree. Which is so annoying because I feel like they did a good job with Forsaken & Death Knights PRIOR to like… Battle for Azeroth. They showed nuance. With demons too, in Legion, and how some just… want what they want and not destruction, but in some cases, ‘fun’ (shoutout to matron mother who bloody better not be censored or removed, coming from a female gamer.) It all went super downhill in BfA and they got rid of practically all the nuance. I still wish I could pretend post-Legion never happened, I could write a better fanfiction for that AND Shadowlands. Bold claim, but… it wouldn’t be that difficult.

6 Likes

I´m absolutely sure you can… i´ve read better fanfiction in AO3 than the piece of narrative garbage that was BfA.

The way I see it, the more options, the better. We need more cameos of pragmatic individuals like Rommath to balance with the Light based babbling stuff said by Liadrin, for example. That way the people that loves to play a “bland” elf on Horde can do so and the ones -like myself- who want a more nuanced portrayal can get their wishes fulfilled too.

4 Likes