BG forums lounge

I have never been able to get into Ret. I wish they could make a build That engaged me

Sparkle Paladin has always leveled in Prot or Holy.

I tried Ret when leveling him to max at the end of BfA, and had to go back to Prot which felt like a better DPS spec than Ret, with the added bonus of being apparently unkillable.

1 Like

Well keep in mind mmorpgs have become highly competitive, they may just not see it being worthwhile to maintain warcraft as a mmo.

The most popular RTS in esports on the other hand is still starcraft 2. Blizzard has always been the kings of rts games, so it could be very likely they go back to their roots to grab some cash.

Yeah we had a good build back in WOD, but for some reason they scrapped it and went back to “immobile, hard hitting, and tanky”. It’s generally a frustrating playstyle when you are rp walking for 30 minutes every bg.

I killed a raid boss and got some raid gear tonight.

I am now prepared to dominate all BGs that I enter.

2 Likes

TRAITOR!

I’m settling into SL pretty well so far. My initial fears about keeping up with all the borrowed power stuff have mostly calmed down now that I have a better understanding of what is what.

I’m mostly enjoying the story so far - my biggest gripe, and has been for a while, is that we have to straddle this idea of being both the singular source character for the narrative while also being part of a group effort. Personally I’d rather see the story go back to being more focused on recognizing that we are a collective not just THE champion.

1 Like

Week 1 of season nearly ending and can say this easily best exp in a very very long time.

We’re passed the 2 week honeymoon phase so yeah, feelsgood.

Resurrecting this thread to make a small plea:

If any of you have a few seconds to head over to the general discussion forum to post and/or like this thread about the terrible state AV is in, I’d love you more than I do now. They don’t read these forums.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-fix-alterac-valley-at-max-level/775943

1 Like

Glad to see they listened to the mountains of feedback they received regarding AV.

It’s all about Twitter…

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1339635712216322053?s=20

Riot is making a MMO.

With Ghostcrawler no less…

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/1339722821761605632?s=20

Remember when Ghostcrawler recently started playing WoW again and he commented about various aspects of the current game? I guess this was why…

With this Riot MMO news, is there a video game genre that Riot ISN’T directly competing with Blizzard? I’m rooting for Riot, I’ve become super jaded about the company that Blizzard has become so i’m on Team “Burn it All Down”.

1 Like

Lol. I don’t know about burn it all down but I am for tough competition. WoW hasn’t had anything to worry about ever really.

Hopefully they make a fun game. There’s room out there for more than WoW, ff14, and eso.

1 Like

too soon to care for a league mmo which would be cool.
but reality, good mmos take like 3-5 years to even make.

very well could be waiting to 2025 for release.

I’d be guessing around late 2021 or 2022 if he immediately got to work on it when he became head of creative development in 2018.

I just hope he’s not in charge of any balance or competitive aspects of the game.

sounds pretty new. there’s no way he was doing league and mmo things at the same time.

this is probably still in creative phase.

If they had been working on it already, there would be a cinematic teaser to announce it.

it was announced on twitter needing a follow up confirmation of genre.

long way away

Yeah just read the tweet looks like it is a brand new assignment for them. Here’s to hoping they focus on the story and input some of the newer RPG aspects.

League has a well put together world with a lot of potential.

Ghostcrawler has a ton of personal experience. Riot will get a huge head start on best practices for creating, managing, and running a MMO.

I actually hope this news helps current WoW employees so they can get better pay and benefits.

I just can’t for a mmo 5 years away, it’s so fickle like Titan or all these other recent mmos stuck in development for so long.

when there is a pre alpha I’ll be hyped

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals!

:christmas_tree:

5 Likes

LOL! I was just thinking of that line.

In other news, Dunkin’ Donuts Boston Kreme donut is a little taste of heaven.

1 Like