BG forums lounge (Part 1)

Cata was solid.

V/R, guy playing since early 2006.

2 Likes

A scoop of vanilla ice cream in coffee. If you havenā€™t already, try it!

1 Like

any osrs enjoyers

I guess I had the new runescape confused with the old school one. Once I found out it was pay to win, I avoided it entirely.

I have a str f2p pure I am working on atm.

So yesterday during a random trip to Walmart for a few items I was missing I noticed that all the ā€œself checkoutā€ stations were turned off and the entire area was ā€œtaped offā€

I had toā€¦ gaspā€¦ get checked out by a real-life human being for the first time in literally years at this location :flushed:

Usually when I see this kind of stuff itā€™s on the odd occasion I happen to stop by a location in the hood or something (ā€¦where certain goods such as shaving products and tools are ā€œlockedā€ behind a glass barrier), but my Walmart is in a decent part of town - which made seeing such measures seem rather odd/out-of-placeā€¦

Anyone else seeing this at their nearby Walmart? Seems like other stores will follow suit if stores as big as Walmart are ā€œgoing backā€ to real-life human being checkouts

Random thefts/random shoplifting must be getting pretty bad I guess? Lol

my local safeway just installed 6 kiosks. the only person unhappy is the clerk who has to monitor them/help customers. iā€™ve watched people take whole carts of food out the door without paying when it was just human checkers so trying to equate shoplifting with the self check out is just silly.

now taking away a job a person can do so your company can continue to exploit your workers who are still considered ā€œpart time employeesā€ to cheat them out of benefits thatā€™s another storyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Nah, itā€™s a lobbying boogeyman to avoid actual issues stores have like poor management, products not selling, continual growth of online purchasing, etc.

Itā€™s a cya attempt to shareholders so higher ups donā€™t get canned (they still fire the regular workers and blame them of course, close stores etc).

Obviously theft is a real thing; just massively over exaggerated to cover business failures.

3 Likes

Our Walmart still has the self check out. So does the local grocery chain.

interesting my store there isnt any self check outs.

Eggnog in coffee

1 Like

I love self checkout its so fast and easyā€¦well its supposed to be. In my neighborhood there is a large amount of old ppl and immigrants who donā€™t know how to ues the machines very well. So I spend just as much time in lines as I did before since the grocery store by my house only has 1 person at self checkout who has to help 10+ ppl when they have trouble.

So what should be a pretty fast and easy is actually the same as always for me. the only difference is I can go there looking like crap and not have to interact with anyone.

My toddlers curiosity led him to wanting to drink my black coffee.

Was a great moment of pride when he smiled after tasting it and wanted more.

Honestly you should watch your back around that toddler

3 Likes

If anybody is interested, the Warcraft movie is currently up on Amazonā€™s Freevee service!

Alsoā€” Somebody needs to make a bar and grille franchise that directly competes with Applebees. Call it Bananabees.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been back two weeks and Iā€™m bored already.

Game kinda not very fun without people to play with a lot.

Donā€™t really like shuffle, especially the horrific queue times even as sv.

EPICS and blitz is where its at my df does so many arenas an shuffles n im like i just cant i dont find them fun lol , tho there has been times when my bf has trolled me into arenas kek.

Blitz has been fun, epics just ainā€™t my thing.

I like small scale PvP.

It just gets boring queuing solo so much. Fun when I queue with bri and co., but Iā€™m 2 weeks back and already thinking of alts and none are exciting lol.

:man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

nothing wrong with leveling some alts etc

Yea, it just kind of bores me is all. I hop on a level 60 to do some timwalking, do one, realize I donā€™t like the class (I change specs throughout to try). Swap to another, same.

Then go back to ā€œmainā€ and think ā€œI shouldā€™nt have wasted that time! I could be enjoying survival hunter like I always do!ā€

Then I queue, wait a few minutes, log off because queue is too long.

1 Like