BG forums lounge (Part 1)

It’s some Warlock PvP talent. It’s definitely annoying, but you can usually side-step it if you’re quick enough.

Deathgrip is still a much bigger threat imo, one grip into a 2nd grip into a 3rd grip and not much counterplay once you’re stunned up/silenced in the enemy deathball :skull_and_crossbones:

Still haven’t tried new world, is it going strong? I heard some rumblin’ about some pretty severe bugs but haven’t looked into it much.

I’ve mostly been playing Metroid Dread for the past few weeks.

I fixed my gpu issues. It was as easy as turning vertical sync off. Everything is back to normal ranges for both gpu and cpu so I’m back on New World. I’m really enjoying it, but Squeek is totally addicted! She created an alt to play during the day while I work so she’d stop getting so far ahead of me in levels.

There are a lot of bugs, but they are working to fix them and I give them a little tolerance because it is a new game. Despite that, I’m having a lot of fun. I can quest, do a dungeon, farm, craft, level a new weapon, furnish my house - so many ways to enjoy the game.

They released Outpost Rush today, but I’m too low level to join. I did check a couple of streams (Xaryu and Bajheera) and they were loving it. I’m a casual level 35 so it could be awhile before I try it firsthand.

It was well worth the $40 I paid for the game.

2 Likes

Turning VSync off fixed the issues?

I would have guessed that VSync (on) would help reduce the load on the GPU by lowering frame rates to match your monitor’s refresh rate.

Hmm.

Good to know. I’ll probably give this game a shot when I have more free time and after a few more GPU driver updates to fix bugs.

I’d like to nominate Tsataga, Jdpp, Squeektoy, Jadei, and Nawat.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you haven’t already, I suggest everyone (who’s still active/subbed/alive) come leave a comment in the main blue post/thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/introducing-the-world-of-warcraft-community-council/1124908/519

I keep harping on the issue of streamers and green MVPs since I believe those types should be excluded/disqualified from this altogether.

Keeping my fingers crossed for regular/everyday players ONLY :crossed_fingers:

It’s going to be very disappointing if this just devolves into a cesspool of streamers and “yes-men” taking turns brown-nosing/circle-jerking in a white knight echo chamber :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Could have been in conjunction with any of the other hundred “fixes” I’ve tried too lol

Aww thanks, but should probably nominate active players! I am not and will not be until/unless the devs offer up something that gives me hope.

The rest (except Squeek, she’s a gnome and they never have credible feedback) are good choices! I hope this actually leads to good player feedback to devs who listen. I do agree they need to exclude streamers. This should be actual player feedback.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty much my entire forums friends list. I keep good company.

You’re very kind to nominate me, but I have almost no actionable input for retail since I’ve been playing classic almost the entire year.

Plus nobody likes JDpp and he’s not subbed so I can say stuff like he smells funny and is short and he can’t retaliate here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Blizzard should also include less active or inactive players who were very active in previous expansions.

If Blizzard only listens to players who stay subbed and active during Shadowlands, we might end up with more expansions like Shadowlands.

1 Like

He liked my nomination post, so…

WATCH OUT!

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Thursday, November 11 at 10:00 a.m. PST

1 Like

9.2 preview video is out, didn’t really have anything of substance :yawning_face: :zzz:

Pretty disappointing, I was expecting to see more tbh. Just at a quick glance it looks like… rehashed jungle map mixed with Korthia + a rehashed desert map mixed with Korthia :zzz:

Been swapping between a few different streamers to compare reactions and every single one also sounds disappointed :laughing:

1 Like

Disappointing but not surprising.

Guess I’m still casualing it up in BC and trying to break Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Dude, don’t waste your time with streamers.

Jump back into the action!

(First, pay a small service fee of $60…)

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dude, I play with sounds “off”, I need SOMETHING to listen to in the background… that’s where streamers come in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Solo queue?

Kinda?

1 Like

They’re testing it by putting the concept out for people to play and give feedback on, which is good.
Players will be able to get a feel for how solo queue might work and to offer feedback on it.
Developers get to utilize that feedback to refine the idea and potentially release it as it’s own full game mode.

1 Like

I talked to Jd and he said that even though he misses all of you some of you a couple of you, he’s loving New World. (even though he’s a filthy green boy.)

I don’t know if New World will have what it takes to last, but it’s sure fun now. Leveling in classic was a blast and leveling in New World has felt a lot the same as far as fun factor. The games are very different. Maybe that’s part of the appeal for me. Even though there are three faction splits, players can communicate with opposing factions and in game voice comms adds a new level of hilarious.

I still keep an eye on WoW development. Even though I have absolutely no interest in the game at the moment, I still hope that changes. I want WoW to be good again, especially the PvP which was the primary reason I played and enjoyed it for so many years. Maybe if the devs are sincere about providing a way for players to communicate, there will be some much needed changes.

4 Likes

There’s a lot missing from new world but I do enjoy the money making aspect. Crafting is hard to level but provides valued items, that sell rather well.

If they added in some small scaled instanced pvp I would have a lot of fun, but right now it seems to be 40v40 where melee players have a harder time engaging. At least from what i’ve seen.
They should also need to allow dwarfs in New world.

Also
Marauders for life!

1 Like