BG forums lounge (Part 1)

Well first thing is put a cup of water in the microwave for a coffee. Yes I drink instant coffee!

1 Like

I don’t like my 18 year old drinking them but he doesn’t live at home, so I can only say something. My father in law drinks 2 each day and he’s 63 and still working.

I used to drink them but don’t anymore. The most caffeinated things I drink is Bawls… once in a while.

Damnit, Juga. This is 2019, go get a Keurig!

No you can’t change my ways!

Wife said the same thing and…

… she was right.

1 Like

I actually started my caffeine addiction with Nos, and that was before they cut the caffeine levels in half. Those things were crazy. Drank one before high school every day.

Its amazing that I did so poorly in school!

Oh damn, I used to LOVE Nos. The slight grapefruit taste and appealing bottle is where I started too. I drank one daily when I was still working in a factory before finishing school. I blasted through the work day but crashed later. Did you have the cans or the bigger plastic bottle?

I put one of those plastic bottles with the cool handle on the top in my center console and pretended it was an actual nitrous tank. I wasn’t a clever teenager.

A Big Mac does not have 2100 calories. It has 550-600 calories.
And no, eating 600 calories in one meal is not unhealthy.

If you’re standing for 10 hours per day and not moving, perhaps.
Varicose veins are mostly a cosmetic concern. Very rarely do they turn into anything worth worrying about.

By picking out negative things that come to your mind.
Most people do not overconsume fast food. Most people do not endure prolonged exposure to violet rays. Etc.

Average sales do not tell the story. It doesn’t tell you how many people consumed, it doesn’t tell you how much is paid per meal, etc.
With your logic we could say that video games are killing everyone because of it’s $44 billion in revenue last year. “Oh no, lots of money, everyone is unhealthy.”

Yes. One week.

Look at the cup of a Starbucks and it says “Caution: Hot”.
Warnings are there to protect companies from idiots who will try to sue companies because of their own idiocy.

Most do not.

You ignored the entirety of the statement in order to focus on one phrase to suit your argument. That’s cherry picking.

Now list the statistics for how many cases of skin cancer are caused from sun exposure compared to other causes.
In any case, lung cancer is not the only, nor the leading, cause of death from smoking.

Well he was getting only 6 hours of sleep if he was lucky, combined with all the crap in monsters? Lol the Dr said he needed to up his sleep and quit the monsters or he woulda been dead by 35…

He quit wow and monsters and he’s doing hella good now :joy:

What a fascinating discussion/argument. We sure are both learning from eachothers point of view!

Oh wait, thats just shouting.

1 Like

I would disagree with both of these? Fast food is too easy and cheap while being heavily processed…

And skin cancer is off the hook… that’s with all the money going into research.

As a side note… This discussion has gone in a weird direction.

1 Like

lmao oh god I skimmed over that.

/continues munching on nuggets from lunch.

2 Likes
  1. Easy and cheap does not mean everyone is over-consuming it. Nor is eating a reasonable diet any more expensive than fast food.
  2. Skin cancer is not only a result of prolonged exposure. There are more factors at play than just sitting in the sun all day, such as genetics and family history, exposure to other forms of radiation, exposure to certain substances, skin type, and more.

it doesnt MEAN everyone HAS to over-consume it.

We still are anyway, because were lazy and cheap.

1 Like

Your own anecdotal dietary habits are not indicative of the world as whole.

Some people smoke their whole lives and come out fine too.

3 Likes

Fine, as in surviving, yes.
My grandfather smoked for like 60 years and died of old age, not related to smoking.
But he still had negative health effects. As will nearly everyone who smokes.

Lol yes my grandma who smoked like a chimney lived to 95… My other grandma who never went near one (or did anything else unhealthy) only lived to 85… Made zero sense.

Yea I’m “healthy” but man I love me some nuggets… I eat way too much McDonald’s lol

As will anyone who doesn’t take care of themselves in multitude of ways…

wow thanks im cured

1 Like