BG forums lounge (Part 1)

That’s why when I recommend the falcon I recommend the older one. The top screws on and off to fill while the newer one (45bucks) only has one difference in that it slides open to fill and just looks like it would be prone to malfunction.

Lol smoking.
Not only are you voluntarily subjecting yourself to life-ending ailments, but you’re paying to do so.

1 Like

Very little that normal humans do on a daily basis is healthy. Sitting in front of a computer playing video games is one of them.

Or eating 6 Krystals.

Wrong.

Playing video games is not unhealthy.
There is nothing wrong with sitting.

Sitting and playing video games for half the day is “unhealthy” in that it may eventually affect your posture and back condition. And even that is negated by just exercising lightly for a few days of the week.
If you’re trying to compare that to smoking then that’s a gigantic major oof.

Never said I was a wise one :joy:

Smoking, eating fast food, slouching, standing for too long, prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, doing drugs, etc. Yeah, you’re right. Those are all good for you. Make you grow up big and strong.

Then tell video game makers to stop putting the health warnings at the beginning of games :wink:

Prolonged sitting increases your risk of hemorrhoids.

Why? Is smoking worse for you than the other things I listed? According to the American Cancer Society, 228,000 cases of lung cancer are diagnosed annually. Skin cancer… 4.3 million.

Gosh, your posts give me a risk of this :wink:

i kid!

1 Like

There are plenty of over-the-counter creams for this. I recommend the ones with witch hazel.

Eating fast food is not unhealthy. If I go eat a Big Mac right now literally nothing will happen to me. And standing for too long? Lmao yeah because everyone is standing for 20 hours per day, right?
You’re also intentionally listing excessive and negative things. These are not all things that “normal” people do on a daily basis. Nor is moderate exposure “unhealthy”.
You’re trying to compare long-term overconsumption to even short-term smoking ailments. Yes if I slouch every day for 8 hours per day I may have some posture issues after like 5 years. Whereas smoking for just 1 week focks you up.

When I logged into WoW today I didn’t see any such warning. Nor do I see it in any other game that I play. Hmmm…
I am also willing to bet that these warnings you mention are referring to excessive use and/or when you let it interfere with normal life priorities. Gaming in moderation is not unhealthy or negative in any way.

Hence why I said “half the day”. Do not start cherry picking to save face. Either argue the whole statement or don’t argue at all.

Yes.
By far.

If you want to smoke then that’s on you. Go ahead.
But don’t sit there and try to pretend that “standing for prolonged periods” is even remotely close to the negative effects of smoking lmfao.

I think you vastly underestimate the negative effect of having constant surges of adrenaline while sitting in a computer chair for hours. As I said above, heart health is the most dangerous part of smoking, and having adrenline rushes is a similar effect. Idk about yall but I get huge surges when I’m PVPing.

We’ll be finding out about it 20 years from now.

I made it to honored with the Nazjatar reputation and felt very complacent about it. I haven’t even started in Mechagon. The WM woes are too much of a downer and I refuse to turn it off. I was so gung-ho about The Broken Shore and Argus, I’m not sure what’s happened here.

Also it doesn’t help that Blizzard is showing its desperation with a 2000 g emissary reward LMAO after it was only 700 g at launch and even lower during the entirety of Legion.

You’re right, our bodies on a healthy 2000 calorie per day diet need 2100 calories in 1 meal.

Doesn’t have to be 20 hours per day. Standing for too long increases risk of varicose veins.

You said I was wrong, I’m proving you wrong. :man_shrugging:

Tell that to the $2.7 million in average sales from McDonalds alone per location. Normal people on average do not sit with good posture, protect their bodies like they probably should.

Smoking isn’t healthy. Nobody will argue this but just 1 week?

Turn to the front of most any gaming manual to see the health risk page. Many video games have these when you first start them up. It’s quite common.

How do you see that as cherry picking?

In my last post, I gave you the statistics.

:slight_smile:

From the looks of the screens and videos, you’d think you never broke a sweat.

I eat white castle for breakfast daily, and Mcdonalds for lunch, but im not fat! That means I’m healthy right!?

/ignores hemmoroids/bloodpressure/sodiumlevels

Thats why I do casual BGs now. When I do arena my BPM spikes to 170-180. Its terrifying. Hands shaking, extremeties losing feeling, difficulty breathing. I used to enjoy doing arena, but now it just feels like im burning my heart out.

I always get some kind of grilled chicken and tea when I go to places like that. I’m over all the greasy stuff. I do not look down on anyone who eats anything like that but it’s just me personally.

But apparently smoking is your worst problem. :frowning:

I hope you’re not topping all that off with a Monster…

1 Like

I don’t mess with caffeine or pop. Thats the one healthy thing about me.

My diet is nasty though, but I watch my calories so I’m still a skinny dude. I used to drink Mt Dew daily, god that was nasty. MT Dew and a cigarette every morning to wake up.

Me too but I cut all soda out. That was easy, smoking not so much :disappointed_relieved:

Well, no mt dew in the morning but cigg, yes.

My buddy used to be hardcore addict. Would have three a day (worked 40 hours and gamed 40 lol)… Had a mini heart attack at 28… That sh!t will kill you faster than cigarettes I’m pretty sure :dizzy_face:

I quit drinking pop a couple years ago. I took a sip of Mt. Dew for the first time late last month. It was almost gross. Almost felt like drinking syrup.

Everyone I know that smokes, that’s always the first thing they do when they get up or they’re cranky. Me? Black coffee…