BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

I live for the PVP so unfortunately there’s no keeping me away haha. If anything though, this whole situation will definitely make me a lot more aware of my actions while in a BG which I don’t necessarily think is a bad thing. The whole thing still sucks though, to be clear.

Even worse. I’m like a rabid achievement hunter and tons come from BGs. I have over 300 days played. Im not risking that for silly prepatch epics. Lets say people start trying achievements in BGs are they going to start banning for that next?

Just a quick update. I received an email 1h ago stating my account ban was reversed and they apologized for the mistake. Still never got my Ticket reviewed. So Blizzard is actively fixing thier screw up regardless of these Appeals they keep asking us to wait on. Good luck to the rest of you who were wrongly banned. Be patient and hope for the best.

6 Likes

I probably have too much faith in Blizzard, but I’m thinking this kind of thing won’t happen again.

edit: When it happened in BC prepatch you KNEW the people who got suspended deserved it. When you do zero damage in an AB that says a lot more then in AV (Even though I still think it’s near impossible to do in AV).

That’s great! Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

whelp, looks like it’s all automatic.

GG.

3 Likes

Oh it almost certainly will happen again but as long as they are able to admit they are wrong and right those wrongs, I’ll stick around.

1 Like

Careful, you’ll start getting uproars about how unfair it is people didn’t get banned and get a free month.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. Never on this scale though.

1 Like

Here’s a novel idea… maybe Blizzard should hire people to review instead of relying on shoddy programming to decide whether someone needs a ban or not? Oh wait Activision just wants big profits, that’s why.

Just keep up all updated. If anyone gets unbanned or appeal read and responded to. Come post about it here so we know what to expect.

2 Likes

100% will never touch bgs again and I didn’t get banned.

2 Likes

That is probably the wise move. They have anti-afk systems and debuffs to work this system but they don’t seem to be what counts. Just the whim of raging gamers trying to for the whole situation to go there way (normally to just go AFK next to Van) by reporting you. Then the shadow parser determining if you do enough damage or heals and then kicking you out of the game for a month.

It just isn’t worth it.

2 Likes

Crazzzzzzzzzzzy. Where all my guys that defends blizz and acted like they don’t make mistakes?

1 Like

The worse part is the blue makes a post. Basically says “we got it wrong” and then follows it up with “yeah we are looking into it further to make sure we get it right in the future because we aren’t sure” but then is like…

See you in 30… minus some… they might get reduced… maybe… after the 22 day ticket time rolls by.

1 Like

Did you find the queue bug? I’m paying $15 to YOU to sit here and watch Netflix waiting to play a game I’m in queue for. Weird I pay the same for both services but only have full access to one.

Netflix has a lot more users too. Which isn’t surprising. They don’t ban people for watching a TV show on Netflix in a way that makes someone else unhappy. Imagine popcorn as a snack… reported… and then they ban you off Netflix for a month.

Then the guy responsible for these things is like… hey… we get it wrong sometimes… but the ban is going to hold because hey… its me!

3 Likes

So would it be better if I set up an auto key clicker to run around in av with?

Truth? Its probably better to just go to the harpy cave. You are doing damage. Pretty much the only thing that matters in BGs anymore.

People are paranoid now in AV. I need to do the quest in the harpie cave to get my recall trinket but I saw them telling people to report a player for doing that earlier. Pretty bizarre.

1 Like