BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Exactly. That is how you tailor player behavior.

Someone violates it and you give them say a 3 day. They realize that this is bad. Hopefully they stop. Lesson learned, maybe, but no real damage.

Then the person violates it again. Ok, now its a 7 day ban. Still an opportunity to correct the action, maybe a little more damage happens this go around, but still very recoverable.

Ok, so a third time rolls around. Hit them hard. 30 days. We gave you a slap. We gave you a punch. Now you are getting kicked down to the ground.

After that, you do it again, alright man… 6 months enjoy your time off.

Finally it happens again you close the account.

This allows people to learn and stop. Allows them to grow and understand. You still get punished for doing bad things. But at first its to let you know. Then it gets worse. Finally it gets final.

What they did here was just way over punish. To many days. To much damage. I imagine a lot of these people will actually never purchase Blizzard products again. Probably won’t resub. Why if you miss the launch? Totally ruined it and sure, for now, with que times and such it might be hailed as a great thing (although I dont see that problem fixed) but eventually those people could be missed and all for what? Some PVP gear that will get replaced in 5-6 levels into WotLK?

Way to big of a up front punishment.

Why do I need compassion when I find AFK’ers to be worse than cheaters?

I and many others hate our time wasted and seeing 2-5 people AFK every AV is nuts.

PVP is competitive. Imagine 2-3 people in your Raid were AFK every pull. You would black list the hell out of them and they wouldn’t PVE with you again. You would consider them trolls and time wasters.

My opinion is they should face a first time 7 day or 2 week ban. This has some severity, but doesnt impact their launch. It really is a certain level of laziness though that they buy a boost, jump into avs, and afk honor grind. Not really a dedicated player.

Did you PVP in Mop or BFA? Your name is super familiar

Have you been checked for rabies?

1 Like

PVPed in both a ton.

Feel like I played with you. Or were you Ero’s Boomy?

Mages were Venti/Elsa/Vt/Magincia if that helps. I have a horrible memory

Maybe you were a R1 boomy that farmed me? Really the worst memory

I never not did an av game where i didn’t do at super bare minimum 10k damage. On average it was 50-75k damage done. Still sitting with ban. I was full sunwell geared by time i was doing Av was just gaming with a RL friend. We did identical gameplay hes playing im banned. First time so called offender

1 Like

That is a real shame. I know a few people in your boat. Apparently doing objectives in BGs is considered a bannable offense. Maybe you got up to use the restroom or something. Shame. Sounds like in this new world these things get you a month off.

I think a lot of us here are in that same position. I was 5 man queuing into AVs, the difference was I didn’t have gear and I was the DK. This mentality and proven parameters are basically just telling everyone playing the game to either run face first into the enemy team and do what you can OR run exclusively with the zerg. Both can be detrimental to the team but neither will get you banned.

I certainly wasn’t a R1. In BFA I was mostly casual. Gladded once. In MOP I was pretty hardcore though. I don’t remember most the names though. Truth be told it was like a almost decade ago and I haven’t played with any of those people in years.

Someone named Sadistix on your friends list from back then? Just really getting a vibe we played. Maybe it was in BFA

Still banned… clean account for over 10 years. Playing AV like everyone else… missing launch events, launch and all… for nothing.

You still have like a week before any of the quests/items are obtainable from the event

He has a 10 day wait time on his appeal to find out if he’s even innocent in Blizz’s eyes or not. An already egregious wait period for someone if they aren’t deserving.

So basically the mob with full backing from blizz has determined that if you are not level 70 and in full season 4 gear then you must actively prove you are not afk by not defending objectives and running into the enemy team to get your damage done number up or be banned.

1 Like

i don’t know I’m level 52 and so far I don’t see LFG for BG’s of this level, I don’t know what level they ask us to enter the BG’s, this pvp should be RBF and not expect someone to do a LFG.

For me it is lucky that it is far from their cheats that there must be a reason why they are banned.

I have 20+ friends and guildies who leveled DKs purely in AV and all of them are not banned.

So no thats not true for a good many people.

This thread would be much larger if that were even close to the case. Still sitting sub 8k views.

It is entirely possible that many people do not even know they are banned. They are not sending emails to everyone telling them they are banned. Only way to know is to try to login/look at your bnet.

2 Likes

Lol Asmond is on the case now. Says hes going to set up an interview with Ion about the issue.

2 Likes