BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

I think you could even make a case for 79 players, because for me at least, it certainly isn’t fun when people on the opposing team aren’t fighting back.

No one deserves to miss the biggest WoW launch of the year for AFKing in a battleground. Strip them of their honor, remove their Brutal gear and give them a 24 hour suspension as a warning if they were actually AFK.

8 Likes

The first time I got a ban for bgs was in vanilla classic and I got a 7 day ban which cost me like 5 weeks so of honor due to double decay and they answered the ticket on the 9th day saying it was incorrect. lol

Na I would take botters over AFKers. AFKers should be hit with 6 month bans as well.

I think that is the most reasonable thing that you could have done to these players. And those who were innocent will just get their honor back.

And what would you do with toxic forum posters who spew nonsense, gaslight and add fuel to the fire?

5 Likes

Dip their pinky in honey and stick it in an ant hill

24 hours is way too light of a penalty. I thought 9 days was appropriate but I’ve also read that the 9 days didn’t have the desired effect they liked, so they increased it to 30.

People really need stop violating the EULA. Sanctions can strike at any time, yes, even during expansion launches.

How in any shape or form am I gaslighting by stating my option?

AFK’ers ruin PVP more than bots do and more often than not every AV there are 2-5 people AFK’ing whether its in Van / Dreks room from start of the game or in the starting cave.

If people are actually non participating in 50% or more of their games then a 9 day or even a 2-3 week ban could be justified. The problem with this wave is that isn’t the case for most. And those who it was the case for have already been denied their appeals.

Where did I say you were gaslighting? Seems like you feel guilty about something even though I never stated you were. I was simply asking what you would do to people who exhibit such behavior, that’s all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t say “for most”, because we have no idea how many were false positives.

Discussion on whether AFKers are worse than bots is in no way related or beneficial to this discussion.

Lol what? You directly reply to me with a statement and say I shouldn’t see it as directed at me?

24 hour penalty is absolutely not too light for a first time offender. It could easily have rolled out with a 24 suspension first followed with a 30 day for continued abusers.

1 Like

It is because you guys feel its soft for 30 day bans. When most actual PVPers want 30+ day bans for all the chronic AFKers.

In your opinion. That’s not an opinion I, nor Blizzard apparently, hold. AFKing in BGs is a huge problem.

Emphasis on FIRST TIME OFFENDERS and CHRONIC afkers. Again…for someone who continued to abuse after a 24 hour suspension a 30 day + would be acceptable…

All of TBC and Classic even 7 day bans weren’t enough. Same rats kept AFK’ing risking the small chance of bans.

16 days ticket wait time is just ridiculous. (EU)