BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Yeah, that’s the only reason I can think of as to why players still have appeals open but they’ve been unbanned. Otherwise, I have no idea how that could happen.

2nd time in the past year I have been banned for a false positive and unbanned. First one for 3rd party software this one for probably a battlegrounds ban, but I never received an email so I can’t tell you for certain.

I would not count that as “uncommon”.

Banned twice in a year is common enough. If you attribute 2 false bans to every wow account every year that is egregious.

That is my conclusion too, esp based on it having happened that way before. I just can’t prove anything and they are not going to tell me. Blizz keeps the details of their Hacks and anti-cheat programs pretty secret. Not even most of the staff know about the bulk of it. The bot makers and cheaters would LOVE that info hence the quiet policy.

In the instances that I was in, No. We all fought and died trying to defend the tower and 1 time I thought someone was afk, he came out of stealth and stopped them capping just in time and we won the tower. In a bg that lasts like 10 minutes its insane that people get flagged for capping a tower that takes what? 5 minutes?

You just agreed with me without knowing. That’s what I’m saying, very few people are AFKing now.

Missing the launch by 10 days sucks. 31 days is too harsh for just afk games, it’s not even ranked games

3 Likes

I never claimed that people don’t AFK. They obviously do but I’m saying a lot of people that are being flagged for the aforementioned blue post parameters were participating. Those parameters were obviously not made with AV in mind.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what I said made you think I was arguing it. I already said whatever the “Actively Playing” numbers are are likely being adjusted or already have been.

Three outcomes from this banwave is:
-Innocent people got banned by the system
-Guilty people got banned by the system
-There are less ppl AFKing in BGs

It’s like saying: I got banned from all Riot games for 31 days afking in normal ques a couple too many times without any prior warning.

Why can’t I play retail? what’s the justification to that?

I am sure you would see the same results with a 24 hour or 7 day ban. Everyone can agree the 30 day ban for a first offender is wrong.

Had I received a 24 hour ban (or a warning/notice of any kind) I would have immediately changed my play style in game and most likely stoppled playing pvp all together.

But the new issue of fearing to trigger the system is having players play BGs a certain way and not defend/be idle at all.

It’s like saying I’d rather have someone fight on road in AB to build damage numbers and not sit at farm alone all game calling incs. with 0 damage or in AV fighting first thing in mid passing with the opposite faction to “participate” and not be “lazy”

This is all just opinions on how people think the game should be played. If people have the same goal in mind to get their faction a victory I don’t care if they have 0 damage or 40 KBs.

Most hate the people that sit mid all game in WSG and just fight ignoring the objective. But people will hate the players sitting in towers on defense until burn but are more okay with them fighting?

People need to learn what to be mad about and stick to it or just admit they’re always mad.

Those are the people that have no clue how to win WSG. Still hate 20 year old strats are hard for people to learn

Forcing them to miss wrath launch is probably the point. The same people that afk now, are the ones that didn’t learn their lesson when they were afking in classic vanilla.

You are obviously not aware of the situation. Please read more posts before assuming certain things.

It is already been shown this punishment has been applied to first time offenders.

So the question is how many got incorrectly penalized, because there has and continues to be at least 1-2 per AV game that are afking.

An AFKer wastes 39 other people’s time. Math actually works out very close.

If you played 20 hours of AV, you wasted 32.5 days worth of other player’s time.

How much time has blizz wasted on unjustified bans? By your math…whew…

30 days x countless players…

Amen sister. My appeal has been in for 24hrs with no activity from blizzard’s side.

I would say 100% of the players were incorrectly penalized.

A 30 day suspension with no warning is absurd.

Even the players that legitimately were leaching and afking do not deserve a 30 day ban.

Compare the disruption of afking in AV to purchasing gold RMT. You can find that a RMT punishment is far less severe.

Purely in the spirit of being a devil’s advocate. (AFKing a bg x 39 players)#of BGs