BFA Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread

Quest: “A Goblin’s Definition of Success”
When speaking to Nathanos Blightcaller, the first sentence reads:

“Good work. We can breath a little easier knowing our major supply of Azerite is safe.”

This should say Breathe

1 Like

Nettin’ Ettin
Speak with Wyna Breezehorn

Description
An ettin has been captured by our troops at stonetusk Watch.

Apparently, the creature is being trained work

That’ll be $150.45, apply it towards my next month’s sub, thanks.

Quest: An end to the killing

On completion, Halford Wyrmbane calls King Wrynn “King Wyrnn”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://imgur.com/a/vBjAQ9N

Koja (tortollan) random /say : Save what you cam before this is all destroyed.

Guessing that should be “can”

Koja’s just off the coast of fort daelin in stormsong by the 120 rare sea giant.

That might just be like a “quick-quick!” sort of thing. Sometimes cutesy characters talk like that where they repeat a word for emphasis. Or it’s a typo yeah.

Milli Wanderbrew

Quest: Notched Coin

Text says: “we have be fishing”

Should say: “we have been fishing”

PS: It would be nice if someone from Blizzard thanked us for reporting these typos. Seriously, we are catching things your editors missed. A little gratitude would be nice.

In Dazaralor, the Skinning quest Ancient Skinning Knife has a typo: Rana the Cutta says, “If dis was in its (not it’s) skin, he must have thought he killed it, only to have it wake up and finish him off.”

Also, is there a way of searching previous posts to ensure mine are not redundant?

1 Like

Quest “A Job for the Multi-Bot” from Engineer Grindspark has a typo in the completion text: “I wonder what other uses I we can find for this handy little guy.”

Eye of the legion battle pet has a misspelling in the description as coming from the “Timewalkers: war of the anicents” TCG packs rather than “war of the ancients”.

Jin Tiki

Quest: Recovering Ancient Fire

“Take my fetish and use it to be absorb what’s left of de fire in dese statues.”

absorbed by…

Alliance Quest: The Needs of the Many
Grong says, “When I heard the gnomes where planning…” instead of “were” planning while you are riding on his back toward Xibala.

Healer/DPS overview for Lord Stormsong in Shrine of the Storm:

Avoid damage from [Waken the Void] unless under the affects of the [Ancient Mindbender].

It should say effects.

Kaz the Shrieker

World Quest: They Love Iron

“Dark Iron dwarves managed to rapid deploy a base nearby, cutting off a supply route.”

rapidly deploy…

Alleria Windrunner Alliance Warfront Coordinator located in Boralus on the ship. Third tier upgrade Island Plunderer seafarer is spelled incorrectly it shows “seafearer”.

The quest Paddle to Safety refers to “Stormriggers” in its text:

… where the Stormriggers do their monster hunting.

Given that the Outriggers share the monster-hunting aspect, it looks like “Stormriggers” was an early name for this group and the quest text should be updated to read “Outriggers”.

In Stromgarde Battlefront.

I have heard/read/seen an Alliance Knight yell “FOR THE HORDE!”

I have heard/read/seen Alliance Footmen yell “Death to the Alliance!” and “I live and die … for the Horde”.

I have posted screenshots on my FB account.

In Boralus when turning in the quest, “Spiderphobia,” Myra Cabot (mining trainer) says: “You’ve probably noticed that monelite is really maleable, right?” The correct spelling is “malleable.”

Patch 8.1.0 quest texts and NPC dialogues:

Zul’jan ruins

Not only is the spelling incorrect, it also sets up awkward grammar. Please check all instances that use “Zul’jan ruins” and change them so that the ‘r’ is capitalized.

When Anduin addresses a new Lightforged in the opening monologue after porting to Stormwind, he says “as a new member of the Alliance, I” (indicating the king is a new member of the Alliance).

Made a new thread before I saw this sticky.

Less BFA and more Legion. When selecting Paladin Holy Artifact, there is presumably a missing “W” for ‘was’ not ‘as’.

~https://imgur.com/a/U5VLVf6