BFA player mass reported and banned for 72h for engaging in world PVP

dude was mailing stuff to people who had put him on ignore, then mailing their friends. He left that part out.

3 Likes

Yeah, but i get no monetary kick backs for what I say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do people just hate all streamers? I don’t see what is uniquely unlikable about him. He seems to be very strongly in favor of no changes. His guides that I’ve used seem legit. What’s the big deal? He’s a bit nerdy looking, but so what?

So which would you say is more pathetic? I mean… let’s not hate on someone doing the exact same thing you are but getting paid for it.

And can you point me to where it says that? This is all I can find on naming rules, not counting RP servers.

Literally just says no accented characters. Anything else on there I’m pretty sure it doesn’t even let you do.

My opinions are at least my own, like them or hate them :slight_smile:

Believe me this isn’t the positive aspect you think it is lol.

So you prefer people who just parrot what you want to hear?

Man I don’t know, I could have sworn it was in there, or maybe I heard it in the past, really seems like something they would not allow like Brand names or something, but yah there is nothing listed like that, so guess not,lol.

oh I must be combining the RP naming policies

I’m talking about your opinions specifically. I obviously don’t care what streamers do or what they actually think. On top of that I certainly don’t think I know what people are actually thinking. Because you do know that what you think about this streamer specifically is all just a made up fact that you created in your head about how you think he thinks right? When you say he is just parroting what people want to hear, maybe he is just saying stuff that he thinks and people like it… crazy thought huh.

What do you hate about my opinions? At least I’m consistent unlike Asmon who flip flopped on his position about sharding :slight_smile:

Man, post like these make me feel so out of touch with World of warcraft… It use to be getting Banned for WPVP was madness in itself. I’m just happy most of these softer folk won’t be on real pvp servers let alone play classic, Kil’jaden Vanilla was pretty cutt-throat on PVP i can’t wait.

hours and hours and hours of insane crazy world pvp. good luck trying to turn in quests in darkshore on that server.

I do not normally watch streamers. That said I viewed a couple that were linked here and reddit, Asmongold and some other guy. The latter was actually just a guy who seemed to be giving heartfelt commentary during the classic demo. Asmongold simply comes off as a shrill drama queen/ho troll trying to be as zany, outrageous and edgy as possible just to get attention.

2 Likes

to be honest asmongold annoys the crap out of me and its very hard to watch his stream.

but he has his own thing goin so props to him.

except his ban had nothing to do with WPvP.

I could see that. But some people just seem to have this blinding hatred for streamers in general. Seems to me there’s a correlation between how well known/popular a streamer is and how passionately they’re hated.

Whatever :man_shrugging:

If they have useful information or are discussing a topic I find interesting then I’ll watch.

Hey, even Trump became president. And the best the dems could do was Hillary. “having things going for” you does not account for much this day and age.

Blue post from reddit:

Hey Morajin,

First, let me assure you that this action was not taken due to any participation in world PVP. I can understand how the timing of the action could have led you to that conclusion so I want to make sure we’re clear that it was not related. We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area.

What you were suspended for was ongoing targeted harassment of others. We investigated a report we received and were able to verify that, after being placed on ignore, you continued to harass another player through in-game mail using multiple characters on your account. Your messages were not limited to a single person; you harassed other associates of this player with unsolicited mail. We provide a number of tools to allow players to moderate their own social experiences in-game. Bypassing this feature to continue unwanted interactions constitutes disruptive gameplay and will result in account action, including silencing or suspension from the game.

I hope this helps to clarify the reason for this penalty. I suggest that in the future if someone places you on ignore that you do not try to contact them either directly or through their associates.

As is usually the case with these sorts of claims, the original person who was banned was not being truthful about the events that happened.

They weren’t banned because they did a lot of wPvP and ganking. They were banned for harassing other players and bypassing the ignore system to continue harassing them.

3 Likes