BFA mount collection

I’ve tried around 400 times between my chars. Started in Wrath. I’m dead now.

There are nine :cry:

I was able to hit 400 about 3 weeks ago. I don’t know that I’d credit it to BfA, really. MOST of the mounts from BfA were all vendor mounts. There’s no sense of accomplishment in that.

I got every pet/toy/mount from Arathi AND Darkshore (thanks for an army of Alts), so there’s that.

But there is SUCH a massive pile of things to be had from Island Expeditions, and I can’t stand to run more than 3 a month. It’s just such TERRIBLE content, and the ridiculously low drop-rates don’t encourage even bothering to try. If it was ONE mount, or pet? Maybe.

But it’s like SIXTY. Sorry, I’m nothing short of insulted that Blizzard would suggest such a thing.

3 Likes

They could do two possible things to fix this:

1. Add everything onto a vendor for dubloons.
  2. Set it so you’re guaranteed at least one actual reward from each island.
2 Likes

When they mentioned adding items to a vendor, this is what I thought they were going to do.

I would be fine with this as a solution. Anything that allows us to set a goal and work toward it. That feels good.

RNG never feels good.

4 Likes

I have exactly one mount from BFA and it’s the Chimera from Darkshore. Unless we count AR mounts, but eh. I’m not wasting gold on reputation mounts that are pure recolors.

I got both underrrott mount and midmight the same week of my birthday last august. :partying_face: the mounts that wanted the most :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I hit the 400 mark about a week ago. Ironically Voidtalon was my 400th mount. I decided to take a little trip around WoD after killing Rustfeather while I waited for the next Rustfeather spawn time and found his portal.

In terms of BFA mounts I have two Island Expedition mounts (Moose and Thunderscale). I got both of those within 10 IEs of each other. I camped up the Frightened Kodo while making my final push for 400 (He was 399). Just maxed my first ally toon so Im working on the “Two sides of every tale” achievement. I only got 3 Warfront mounts to obtain and now have a total of 9 120 toons to farm them so they should come soon.

I guess I am missing how it is any different running thousands of islands and not getting a mount, and running thousands of old raids and not getting the mounts. ~1% is low no matter what. It feels like it is a different crowd that is trying to get island mounts than those getting others, because honestly none of mount farmers I know, myself included, feel like the islands should be any higher than other content, since at least you can farm ad infinitum for the islands one. Ive run thousands of VP runs and still can’t get my Altarius mount…but I am not here saying nerf the drop to make it easier. That sort of…well removes things to do. If the mounts were easier to get, at this point what else is there to do but log in, weekly raid or whatever, and wait for new mounts.

Aww congrats. That is a nice little present. :partying_face:

1 Like

Really?

Because you can solo old raids. It’s 100%, afk-while-winning situation. It’s completely at your pace.

IEs… I know people do it, but you should be participating.

2 Likes

Cool and grats, I’m not overly worried about hitting 400…I will get there when I get there, whether that be tomorrow or a year from now. :slight_smile:

Yeah, not much of a push to 400 since it’s just a recolor. What a giant, FU for all that work, yaknow??

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m not overly impressed with it at all.

You cannot AFK old raids. You legit have no one else completing it and if you just AFK in the instance, nothing is done. Old raids you at least have to spam and run through it, SAME as islands…you can just die at islands easier. This doesn’t mean the drop rate should be higher for islands. Mythic legion raids still require more than 1 person and would have a1% drop, and not on legacy mode loot. So…yeah…not really any different from having multiple people needed for the content. Don’t forget that each person is on a different loot table too for islands. There is no difference at all.

I bought a store mount. Was the pretty fox one. I’m pretty happy with it.

1 Like

2/3 Dungeon Mounts
3/3 Raid Meta Mounts
1/1 Raid rare drop
Cleared Arathi/Darkshore mounts minus Kodo
Snagged 2 direhorns and a voidtalon while everyone was in Naz/Mechagon

I mean, I’m a mount farmer so this statement is untrue from the get-go.

It’s like if the Lich King dropped ten different Invincibles and they all had the same drop rate as the original. You could spend the same six years some of us have farming and get just one of them, and have that knowledge that there’s still nine to go. It’s just a terrible feeling, and it doesn’t help that IEs are pretty terrible content.

4 Likes

There’s almost nothing else that could give you a decent experience of RNG mount drops though. The Warfront zones mounts drop at a pretty reasonable rate (around 5%) for a relatively reasonable time investment (running around the zone killing each thing once for that cycle).

Meanwhile, the other major source of RNG mounts - Island Expeditions - were stuck with some drop rate so atrocious that most people with sense just walk away from even trying for them.

Of the four RNG mounts in the new zones of Mechagon and Nazjatar, two of them (Soundless and the Arachnoid) have a LESS than 1% drop rate (with Soundless on a several hour variable spawn rate with multiple potential spawn locations).

And the Paragon chest mount is estimated I think at something around 3%, which people don’t even get to experience attempting until they hit exalted and then grind out an additional 10k rep PER chest (not fun to watch 10k rep worth of effort go up in smoke and knowing it got you not one inch closer to your goal - but putting things behind paragon chests has always had that crummy feeling, since bad luck protection hasn’t been part of their design, even though it ought to have been and was probably the most routine suggestion all throughout Legion for them).

Not bashing you personally, just saying that chances are strong that nearly every BFA player who has engaged at all with RNG mount farming in current expansion content will all have the exact same experience as you of having been treated “best” by Warfronts, because between less than 1% drop rate mounts in certain zones, the multiple layers of RNG involved in island expedition mount grinding, and the occasional weirdness of something like the paragon chest mount, BFA went to the extremes with RNG handling everywhere else.

Uh yeah, I’m a mount farmer too and have 6 of the island ones, but I think the drop chance should be higher. And I take issue with the comparison to raid mounts. When you run an old raid, there is always a chance that the mount will drop. When you queue for an island, especially when you already have several of the mounts, there is a high chance you’ll be placed on one that actually has zero chance of dropping a mount for you. The layers of RNG make the two different animals.

1 Like