BFA mount collection

How’s your luck been this expansion for mount collecting?

1 Like

For BfA mounts, terribad. For older mounts, not too shabby. Lol.

3 Likes

Decent. I’ve gotten nothing out of Island Expeditions, mostly because I heard about the abysmal drop rate and made the conscious decision to pretend those ones don’t exist. Had good luck with the Warfront zone drops. Got the Rustfeather wheel so I can never care about killing him again, and making good progress on the Nazjatar and Mechagon metas.

So the opposite of this guy. I’ve gotten zip from old raids recently lol

1 Like

-Doing bad on the dungeon mounts. Haven’t been actively farming them though, just the odd run, nothing.

-Done on most warfront mounts except the two that are rarespawns

-No zone drops, really don’t want to get them from the AH.

-Last two weeks I got both clutch of Ji Kun after farming it for a year on and off, and the Onyxia mount.

-Have not gotten any froggy bois or the recolors they added in 8.2. Tempted to get the grey armored high rez gryphon though (the one from Drustvar I think)

-Rustfeather hates me

-Slowwwwwwly working on Mecha Done and the Naz meta crab mount.

-EDIT: Missed Island Expeditions - 0 on that front, plenty of pets. I don’t battle pet though.

1 Like

Just a few more horses and I’ll hit that 400 mark…

Joking aside, it’s been ok. I got lucky with the Island Thunderscale from islands, and that was one I really wanted. I also cleaned up a couple old raid/dung metas for some mounts, and that’s always nice too.

Oh I genuinely forgot about those. I bought the flying leech boi but didn’t care about the others enough to bother. Maybe I’ll get them as a random drop someday.

1 Like

I got my direhorn quest done recently so that was that. Got all the Darkshore mounts I think. Last one was the black bear on my new 120 Allie DK.

Got the painted kitty and Rustfeather’s mount from Mech. The big ugly spider is being stingy.

Not really trying for anything in particular (didn’t research anything) but random surprise drops are always nice. No big rush to 400.

I started playing at the end of Legion then took 6 months off due to life, so I started 4 months into BFA. It’s been pretty good to me:

-BF and I each got Invincible within 5 days (he farmed it around 100x, took me about 10 attempts)

-I got the Island Thunderscale mount early on in less than 40 Island runs

-I wanted Rustfeather’s mount most and got it on my 24th attempt

You know how it goes, now I likely won’t see another amazing drop for ages. I’ve been working on some older mounts sporadically with no luck. :roll_eyes:

Momma always said if I can’t say nothin nice don’t say nothin at all.

So I have nothing to say about that.

4 Likes

I’ve picked up a few things.

Three toads, umpteen horses, 4 pterodactyls, 3 or 4 new racial mounts, 3 gryphons, a mecha-parrot, a mecha-spider, a mecha-tiger, 2 hyenas, a bear, a donkey, a mule, 2 krollusks, a chimera, 2 nightsabers, a bat, a gargoyle-y bat-thing, a hippogryph, 3 raptors, a manta ray, a seahorse, a hovercraft with a big face on it, and two flying spider-y things that I try not to look at much because they creep me out.

2 Likes

I started BFA with 350+ unique usable on one character mounts. Collecting mounts is one of the things I’ve loved doing in WoW for years.

Now that half the new mounts are flagrantly “pay2win” and the other half are “the sun might burn out before RNG gives it to you” low drop rates… I’ve just gotten too frustrated to bother.

I got the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur, Kua’fon and some of the cheaper rep/zone-random-drops… and have basically decided not to bother with any other mounts. Islands have been particularly unrewarding. Same with dungeons. And raids? Pfff… all my friends quit playing partway through BoD, so that’s a dead end.

tl;dr: my luck collecting mounts this expansion has been so close to zero that I gave up even making the attempt months ago.

6/9 island mounts (missing undead horse, twilight drake, yeti)

Just finished Mecha-Done today (finally!)

I’ll have the crab in 2 weeks

Got rustfeather and harvester. Still chasing Soundless.

Guild should finish EP meta this or next week.

Almost no luck on dungeon/raid mounts. Just have the parrot.

Other than those, I think I have the rest. Just need 1 more mount to hit the 500 mark.

All of Arathi Warfront Mounts
All of Darkshore Warfront Mounts (except Lost Kodo)
0 IE (don’t do them)
Only the quest/crafteable ones from Mechagon
Only reputation ones and the two sea horses from Nazjatar
0 Raid/Mythic Dungeon (I try not to do instanced content)

Not sure it is so abysmal. I have both the Island Thunderwing and the Yeti. Have had better luck than old raids with islands, especially because I can spam these unlike the latter

The Warfront zone mounts have treated me the best. I’m not doing great overall but it has been enough to push me past 400 total, so that was cool.

11 Likes

Mostly buying timewalking mounts from tokens. Did get some allied race mounts.

Sounds like you got extremely lucky. There’s threads of people who have done thousands of IEs with no sign of a mount.

4 Likes

How is that different than thousands of runs of ICC or such and not getting the mounts? I am not trolling you, i am legit asking how is it worse when its the same result of tons of runs for something…

1 islands mount and rustfeather, I havent tried a lot of BfA mythics.

I mean there’s what, six or seven IE mounts? For a completionist, running four thousand islands and never seeing a single one is a pretty crushing disappointment. They shouldn’t be that rare.

But that’s not really the point of this thread so I’ll leave it at that.

5 Likes