BfA is really going to be know as worse than WoD

Exactly and sadly shadowlands doesn’t seem to be changing or bringing anything important back other than a few pointless abilities that never mattered much

1 Like

I understand that, and didn’t mean it applied to you personally. Only generally to the GD forums.

If anyone likes any aspect of BFA. Or if they prefer BFA over WoD. They get collectively pounced on.

For instance, I’ve regularly said the PVP community seems to be lacking (due to Blizz’s choices), gearing options seem to be a bit much, the removal of master loot was stupid, and “running out of time” to even look at some specs during Beta was garbage.

But because I enjoy the raiding/5 man content of BFA over WoD, and I am not willing to say its the worst expansion ever made. And I stick to my guns on this…I am called a Blizzard Yes Man.

I get that if you preferred specific aspects of WoW that WoD may appeal to you (generally speaking) over BFA. I have no issue with that.

That makes sense. And I think that’s a product of being in the here and now. Anyone who dogpiles on someone for liking BFA over WoD is rather silly. When people speak like they’re right and everyone else is wrong, that’s usually when I say something.

And I’ve said this before. The music and art team have knocked it out of the park. And the Raids of BFA actually looked top tier this expansion. Even then in that department I can say that I’m personally frustrated that I feel pushed out of the experience. Which is ultimately my choice but I can’t play a game where I just have to nod my head and accept these changes when it’s obvious to everyone that there are better things they can be doing not only for the game but the community as a whole.

Not to mention outside of just BFA all of the controversies that have occurred in 2019 for the company as a whole. I actually do feel for the Devs who work there. Originally I wanted to get into the video gaming industry. Still intend to, but probably going to avoid the big companies for a while.

So let BFA be known as the worst expansion. It’s been a rough year for most games, let’s be honest.

But remember: after the WoD disaster we got Legion. Let’s hope that pattern of history repeats itself. The stakes for Shadowlands to be nothing short of a turning point success is extremely high.

Several MMO’s are releasing this year to challenge the weakened state of WoW, including Amazon’s New World. That’s one source of heightened pressure. BFA is regarded as a flopped expansion in which many guilds and players quit—and was widely overshadowed by Classic. That’s another source. The stakes for WoW at this moment have never been higher. I have hope.

yet here you are. You’re like one of those people from /pol/ who goes into a thread knowing it’s going to make them mad and then continue to derail the thread by complaining and getting mad.

I once wanted to get into the industry. Took a QA job while taking courses.

It was intense the amount of hours you work. Larger companies do tend to have a bit more “safety” in the sense that one bad release won’t doom the studio. Always another project to be working on, etc.

I mean those people are pretty hopeless, they get mad at anything, it can be a thread about cartoons and they ll find a way to whine about sjws and feminism lol

BFA was a bad breakup letter. seems like the WOW development teams don’t seem to communicate with each other between xpacs.

1 Like

I don’t think politics was a point of this conversation and perhaps you are projecting a tad there panda fren.

Yeah but it just seems that working for a big gaming corporation at this time isn’t a good idea. Mainly that it just doesn’t look like a place that would be good for my personal health. Seeing all the drama and hearing the stories just doesn’t seem like it’s worth it.

Just something to take into consideration. Most of the large game companies aren’t centralized, but have studios in major cities across the globe. And each one tends to have its own unique atmosphere. And. In my limited experience. You are mostly void of the national drama surrounding things, unless its for something your specific studio is working on.

Example, I worked for EA Games and on Tiger Woods (insert some studio driven drama here for obvious reasons), Madden, and Spore back in the day. My studio only worked on the sports games (Spore was ‘outsourced’ within the company, from another studio).

Not trying to defend large game companies. Ultimately every person should feel safe and comfortable at their workplace. Only trying to share my experience.

It was an experience I wouldn’t trade for the world. Because…yeah. Seeing your name in the credits of major games is cool. But I am not sure its something I could do again. (at this age).

Played both while current. WOD felt better. BFA still wins the content hands down. Classes, RNG on top of RNG served up with more RNG, professions, PVP…… not so much.

Still say WOD will hold the title just due to number of people that left the game. Plus there was the selfie patch. :slight_smile:

This doesn’t even make sense.

Nobody would ever think of something as “proper criticism” unless they personally agree with it, rofl.

And I’m not saying this is a well-written post, but there are plenty out there. It’s not “extremely” low by any means.

I’m assuming you are trying to say that people embellish when they try to discuss the problems of this game… I think most people don’t embellish, however.

But I do think that when people try to criticize this game it is the reactive posters that are embellishing when they complain about complainers.

Again, if you disagree with someone it does not mean the criticism is improper or they are embellishing or whatever. Do try responding to the criticism itself instead of going after the person making the criticism.

Doesnt it just matter what the individual thinks? Ive enjoyed BFA so far. Thats all that matters to me. I won’t let the endless whining bring it down for me.

WoD kinda reminds me of the Star Wars prequels (except they were always good in my eyes). We trashed it when it was live but now 2 expansions later, not only did I play more in WoD compared to BFA, everything was better in WoD compared to BFA.

The only legitimate reason WoD sucked was Garrisons was a garbage attempt at making player housing in WoW. I know people are gonna flap their annoying opinions “but but teh cut content!!!11”…how long have you played WoW? you know how much content that doesn’t make it to the game???, do we have to go down the road on how much content was cut in vanilla, do we have to be reminded on how much content was cut from Wotlk, do we have to go down the road of new dances, death knight body tattoos (runes), bgs and the list goes on. Hell not too long ago it was data mind that we were suppose to get a patch 8.3.5 so there’s a whole patch gone.

You have to be one delusional shill to think BFA is not the worst expansion in WoWs history.

The Cinematics are so bad

You have no idea about the numbers of players considering BfA’s state it has less players than WoD

I wonder how long it’ll take people to realize yea legion was okay. But it only seems good because its squished between really bad. It’s like you’re a 4 but your the hottest amongst your friends.

All that aside. WoD had a good start and huge drop off. It’s like they lost thier train of thought where to go right after the xpac launched.

Legion tied up alot of story which is why it seemed good. And bfa I believe is more or less the end of preexisting bad guys and the start of things getting worse. Think about it. Thier bad at writing with tons of lore to fall back on and work off of. Now they have full free reign to do what ever.

If it wasn’t for Vulpera I wouldn’t even of came back after 2 weeks of 8.0

Legion was good on its own. Not incredible but good, and it did suffer massively in the beginning from Legiondaries. Hands down the worst gearing system I have ever seen in WoW.

Blizzard doubling down on the system after negative feedback, to the extent where they were “fixing” some specs by giving them new Legendaries that most people would never get, was what convinced me to quit for about 4 months in the middle of the expansion. Specifically, when they put the extra charge of stomp that Hunters had been begging for since beta onto a legendary.

People don’t think as much about how horrible the initial systems were though, because they got way better at the very end. Problem with BfA is the systems haven’t gotten any better and have just gotten more stacked as time went by.

1 Like