Better community

It’s the same as every time they do a forum poll, and is probably being alt-voted like crazy to achieve a certain outcome.

That being said, it’s doing a great job of showing how unpopular outdoor solo content is.

1 Like

Yet you very well can remove sockpuppeting and alt spam by a conversion to the same forum system every other Blizzard forum uses.

1 Like

It’s a terrible way to conduct market research and I disagree that thing is a great way to prove anything. This is more similar to those undergraduate psych surveys where they only get a very specific subset of a population (usually their classmates or other friends in uni) that is not an accurate sample of the entire population. A better way to do this would’ve been to send out a private survey to existing and previous subscribers and collect a lot more information about their preferred playstyle. Especially since a lot of people do enjoy some sort of cross-play.

A likert scale or ranking scale would’ve been better as well. Along with something to measure how they currently perceive a game feature vs how much they would like it if it had additional features that they have in mind. Then try to fish those ideas from them.

4 Likes

I’d say it was showing it as one of the big three, personally. It’s hard to actually gauge accurately, given the ability to sockpuppet and vote multiple times - and the forums in particular have a very weird obsession with M+ as the only real form of content in WoW.

I’d rather more outdoor solo content, tbh. It’s part of what I like about WoW. Endgame gear treadmills are just tiring to me after so many years dealing with it in another game, and I miss when MMOs were designed to focus on the journey more than the destination. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

I admit, I’m guilty for voting more than once with alts when it came to voting for the Shadowlands mount.

Slimsaber mount couldn’t resist, but in the end it lost and came second.

I voted once this time.

I don’t mind something like Torghast for solo content, but I wish Brawlers Guild was brought back.

It’s definitively 4th, as it’s well behind M+, PvP, and Raiding, adding classic and DF together.

This is how we know the results are severely skewed. :dracthyr_crylaugh: Very few people really participate in PvP compared to the rest, from what it always sounds like both in-game and out.

Just very ridiculous to have chosen to use the forums - which everyone knows are absolutely rife with abuse of 160 ‘separate’ accounts due to the way they treat characters. Really not sure why they chose this method and not any other method, considering even Twitter would be harder to skew results so heavily on compared to here. As is, the forums are also a fraction of the playerbase - even less so than Twitter is, really.

Email surveys would have been better!

1 Like

Nah, the survey proves why the forums need BTags. Even Grumpy Cat is for BTags

5 Likes

It needs to be a select all that apply.

1 Like

That or they needed to do a separate poll for classic

3 Likes

Classic is always being thrown under the bus.

Because classic players don’t play retail content, they play classic content.

Battletags could do it, however, a simpler way, that has the coding for it already, would be to restore the down vote option that was taken away several years ago. Then, strictly enforce the flagging of posts to just what the flag option states, and have violators lose posting privileges if they fail to follow them.

1 Like

I mean give classic their own and give retail a pick what applies poll .

1 Like

It’s already Sunday downunder.

I see the alt trolls are already out in force with their quit/drama/blizz teh evil etc, threads. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If they’re doing polls like that, Btags wouldn’t be a priority.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying, I thought you ment to keep them together.

My suggestion would be just put the polls on Bnet game app, not everyone goes to the forums. Better results if everyone is aware it’s there and everyone can vote or not

1 Like

If they thought Btags on the forums would bring players back, it would be in that voting poll.

1 Like