Better community

for a better more friendly community with less toxicity and hostility appropriate changes should be made in the wow forums experience to match what is expected in game with play nice and play fair :+1: :smiley_cat:

31 Likes

Whatchyu mean by toxicity and hostility? Did someone disagree with someone else, prove someone wrong, or was actually being insufferable? Aside from the alt-hopping trolls, GD is pleasant. Btags would fix a lot of things though.

22 Likes

changing the way the forum works and giving players more options to avoid anything they deem toxic and GD is not so pleasant when your being targeted

4 Likes

Its called putting people on ignore.

8 Likes

I’ve been in my fair share of conversations and the usual problem is either the person is trolling or just not good at having a conversation.

For example, a lot of the ‘GAMES BAD’ posts unilaterally portray WoW as a bad game for X reason. Obviously going to get push back. But a post noting how they dislike some features in the game will be at bit easier to have a discussion around. Maybe even clarify some misconceptions.

2 Likes

ways arouned that its a big open door

Then you put the next one on ignore. Dont even go into their posts.

2 Likes

we should not have to play tic tac troll especially when the door is opened for relentless folks acount wide ignore would be cool or some other ways like the other forums

11 Likes

you have the option to go and leave the threads - it is easy to avoid

the forums isn’t a ‘competition’

1 Like

:dracthyr_comfy_sip:

6 Likes

be respectful

3 Likes

I do agree that the forum needs account wide ignore. Or restrict posting to one account name like just about every other forum on the net. While I do like some of the discussions here, it’s probably the worst managed forum I’ve ever been on. A lot of the fault with that is on Blizzard.

18 Likes

this sounds just like the new contract, which is why you get banned for words you wouldn’t have imagined.

2 Likes

I am.

I’m sitting here drinking a sippy cup.

4 Likes

The language used in this thread is very vague. What you deem toxic and what you deem anything is widely open to interpretation. The only thing I agree with is account wide ignores.

3 Likes

OP can already avoid the trolls that they have on ignore by switching to an alt like they did for this thread. The trouble is if you don’t change your ways you have problems again.

I personally don’t see any need to change anything on this forum except maybe for blizzard to take single flags more seriously.

1 Like

I doubt that. Considering how it’s used as a downvote that would be a disaster.

The world aint fair. They could bring in account wide ignore but the die hard trolls could circumvent that as well.

they should look at whether a post breaks the rules no matter if one person flags or 5 people flag. It isn’t hard to be consistent.

3 Likes

They aren’t consistent now.

1 Like