Beta released, R.I.P Paladin

So bigger rune of power?

Pass.

1 Like

Hey, don’t put that evil on us either. As a prot paladin, I absolutely hate losing a chunk of my defense every time I have to step out of my consecration. I can’t fathom who thought it was a good idea to give a new feature to our spec that did nothing but make us weaker when we have to move.

3 Likes

Nothing like Rune of Power outside of being a PB ground based AoE area.

Rune has complications due to being a massive short duration damage amplifier on a decent length cd. You are punished heavily for poor use because the uptime is low and the amplification massive, which is also why it’s cast time is clunky because it works into your ramp time, so you either lose duration on your other buffs (to cast Rune) or on Rune (to cast your other buffs).

All the above suggestion does is move the AoE damage component from the immovable circle on the ground to a buff gained by the mobile player character, whilst still maintaining the holy ground thematic and design of Consecration.

3 Likes

It doesn’t need to stick with the holy ground theme though. Holy Paladins are all about being “filled” with light. I truly propose it remains similar while changing the spell visual and attaching it to the player… Name it Burst (or Surge) of Radiance, Holy Rapture, or Holy Rupture and call it a day lol. I’d say burst of light but that’s taken already.

For sure, you could just change the name. I was simply meaning more as “Consecration” which is something they seem to be set on keeping and even reinforcing.

1 Like

Im focusing on my mage, and as far im seeing it i will play mage all DF

It’ll be this guy and my priest for Dragonflight. I’m not touching my Paladin until he becomes a Paladin again. I think I’ll have a Human Shaman before Paladins become Paladins again. That’s kind of bittersweet.

1 Like

My hope is MS put his fingers in blizzard administration and fire ALOT of devs there. Those responsible for paladin and other classes included.
Is so obvious that they dont know what to do with the class

6 Likes

So they didn’t make Hpally range yet?
I’m so sad. Hpal is a horrible clunky mess
that I had to drop it along with SL because both was so bad to play lol. Please give us a caster Pally talent line and then a melee focus one.

3 Likes

God I hope so. Get people who actually care in there, seriously.

3 Likes

Paladins didn’t get weaker everybody else just got fatter bubbles

They nerfed H pal today random nerfs yet a buff to martyr lol.

• Empyreal Ward Lay on Hands grants the target 15%30% increased armor for 1 min.

• Holy Shock Triggers a burst of Light on the target, dealing (68%61.2% of Spell power) Holy damage to an enemy, or (155%139.5% of Spell power) healing to an ally.
    Holy (Level 18)
    Has an additional 30% critical strike chance
    Generates 1 Holy Power.

• Judgment of Light Judgment causes the next 25 successful attacks against the target to heal the attacker for (7%3.5% of Spell power).

• Light of Dawn Unleashes a wave of holy energy, healing up to 5 injured allies within a yd frontal cone for (105%92.4% of Spell power).

• Untempered Dedication Light of the Martyr’s damage and healing is increased by 8%10% each time it is cast. This effect can stack up to 5 times and lasts for 15 sec.

Holy Paladin doing ok AoE healing? Can’t have that NERF BAT!

I’m actually planning to main ret (at least in the beginning). I think the spec tree looks fun. I’m not doing M20, mythic raiding, or 2400 arena, so my opinion is based solely on toolkit/fun factor. I like final verdict. I like that consecration has a good damage proc, the HP proc, and heals. I like the DS projectile, and the proc that casts DS, and causes the projectile. I like DT with the legendary effect. Ill end up picking up my shaman and my DK again at some point, but ret will be my first trip through/ rep grind character this time.

3 Likes

I honestly think the lack of any real and interesting changes in the case of retribution is simply due to the fact that no dev plays it other than to collect pets or do old raids.

6 Likes

It isn’t that they ran out of time, but that they IGNORED feedback. Some of the things Paladins have been complaining about for six years now… so here’s hoping 8 years later they will finally stop telling Paladins “you think you do, but you don’t” and actually listen to feedback. RIP

1 Like

You guys are all on crack, the new Prot Tree is a significant upgrade compared to what weve had the last few expansions.

The “new” Prot. Tree is the same damn thing we’ve had for the past seven years. Only two new spells (which used to be borrowed power from the most recent, poorly received expansion) along with slightly less HP and slightly more SoTR scaling. Literally no other class screams “we have zero creativity, go do M+ stuff”.

And, you can’t even blame this on the ‘tanks have to focus on being tanks’ garbage trope. Brewmasters are FINALLY using the Monk class kung fu with their damage drinking mitigation. It is fun, creative and effective. I have a friend playing a Blood DK, and several others who are playing Warriors now, and they are giving the exact same praises for their respective classes.

Further, their play choices do not have to dip so deeply into older abilities either, as they have a significant number of new abilities and pathing options. It feels both great to do lots of new things with them, AND have familiar base to operate with. And their talents are laid out in a way where a potential new player can easily learn the ropes. Unlike Paladins, which feel a bit janky even at our current max level (though I will say that this may taper off at higher levels).

The very worst thing about incoming Dragonflight Paladins? Their playstyle feels very old, and very bland. Tank or not, a character class should NOT have such a passive and one dimensional playstyle in 2022. I’ve played Paladin as my main for over a decade: their iteration in BC, WotLK, Cata and MoP feel more advanced than what we have now. This is a terrible burden for a class, especially in a brand new expansion that NEEDS to be a win.

They have a picture for Prot Pally and they are happy with what it is. They built the trees around the abilities im not sure how you see this class talent tree as confusing compared to others.

To have a brand new system to engage with and play with and all you see on every class forums are the type of people like yourselves that are just always miserable no matter what changes happen. They could do 9/10 things you want and all you would see are posts about the one thing they didnt do.

This doesn’t mean that we, the players who pay them money, have to be utterly complacent with it. Please, feel free to be as accepting to whatever they serve as you wish. I choose otherwise, because, creatively, I know they are capable of doing better. After all these years, Paladins deserve a lot more than the afterthoughts we’ve been given.

My original post is directly above yours.

Quote where I’ve said “this is confusing”, “I am confused”, or “I don’t get this”.

What I did say, was that the current Paladin Trees feel janky, play blandly, and have zero creativity. I said nothing of the sort regarding ‘confusion’.

You’ve made a mistake, or you’ve misspoke. It’s cool, people make mistakes. However, I’ll say this, just to say it: don’t gaslight, and don’t put words into my mouth.

No offense, and not trying to joke: I have no idea what you’re trying to convey here. It’s like three sentences scrambled and squished into one. I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so please clarify.

That’s a given, everyone has an opinion. Blizzard could have done 9/10 things that we’ve requested…but out of the near 1k+ requests, breakdowns and critiques that they’ve received, they didn’t do a single thing that was requested. Blizzard literally asked for this feedback AND requests. Dragonflight is supposed to be the “we are listening to you” expansion.

They’ve been completely out of touch with their players, for a long time. This could have, and SHOULD HAVE, been the easiest win for them, ever.

That is why people are dragging them for it, in this forum, on Twitter, on various Discords, on various game stream reviews, on Youtube, and on Reddit. And that is why there are still those of us engaging the matter, even though it feels like yet another lie and lost cause.