Beta Opt-In

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

For whatever, reason the link in the post doesn’t take you directly there.

14 Likes

I’dda private messaged ya per the deal but no private messaging

1 Like

God damn, guess I wont be getting in since I’ve been inactive on WoW for years.

5 Likes

Yeah, cause those are the ones who really wanted Classic. So. Much. Disappointment.

16 Likes

Lol thanks

Thanks for the heads up!

hey thanks

Seems like just trying to get subscriptions for the next few months out of those of us who have no real interest in playing BfA.

I guess I wont be in the beta since I’m not paying $15/month on the off chance I’ll actually get a beta invite.

17 Likes

Looks like I cancelled my sub at the wrong time. Oh well, not paying this month because it’s not worth it. Betas always burn me out anyway because I can’t help diving right back in. Did it to me with the D3 Necro, I’m surprised I capped let alone geared just one in live, felt like a retread.

How about people who only played Classic, and only want to play classic. Are they not the right type of players to test Classic?

5 Likes

Apparently not, if you’re not willing to pay for a sub.

Nothing should surprise us anymore. But still, disappointing to see an obvious attempt to spike sub numbers for the next few months.

I will just wait until August, and meanwhile live vicariously through those who get in to the beta.

2 Likes

It may be possible they add people that just resubscribed from the news. Depends what they mean by mix.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

MAKE SURE YOU GO HERE

and click WoW Classic Beta. Mine was unclicked, not sure if it only just appeared today.

Can anyone confirm if this has been able to be clicked prior to today?

The option wasn’t there yesterday.

2 Likes

The Classic box just appeared today. But it looks like you need to be an active subscriber in addition to opting in.

Yeah it’s not surprising, just disappointing.

At least we’ll have YouTube/Twitch to get a sense of how authentic it is.

1 Like

If you really want classic - just shell out the $15 - pretty easy. If you can’t commit to that then you aren’t the target audience anyway since you aren’t getting it for free.

2 Likes

The option was not there a few hours ago. I checked.

1 Like

If it was guaranteed, sure no problem.

But since it’s not, bite me.(not you but Blizzard lol)

Went 3-4 years active sub from Vanilla-LK but sure have ur Beta applicants be from current subscribers only…

3 Likes