Beta needs fresh eyes and ears

Popular streamers are not even streaming it anymore. Many players are capped and just farting around doing “i’m bored” stuff. Beta needs a fresh batch of people in it.

15 Likes

I am indeed bored and can confirm that I am playing Peggle in Stormwind right now. Please increase cap and open the gates.

9 Likes

Honestly I’m tempted to believe Towelliee’s view on the beta. Cynical though it may make me.

8.2 is launching in another few weeks. Blizz probably is fully aware the Beta is fading in popularity and is entirely okay with that. They want the hype on 8.2 now, they’ll bump the Beta cap up to 60 once the World First Azshara has happened.

1 Like

idk man.
literally nobody i know is even remotely concerned with or talking about 8.2.
or retail in general.

classic hype is all that there is rn. it’s almost counterproductive for blizz, but awesome at the same time. odd spot that

7 Likes

Well, that’s a lie.

7 Likes

Yeah I"m with you there. I’m more interested in the flipping Amish Challenge than I am in 8.2. Especially with it so painfully obvious that 8.3 is Siege of Orgrimmar 2: Blight Boogaloo.

But that’s where the cynical aspect comes in at. Everything classic is meant to funnel back into retail. They released the “beta” (which is really starting to look like a Friends & Family Alpha) to get people to resub, and now they’re hoping dangling the fish queen will make you bite on playing retail,

2 Likes

you may be right, but many are resubbing for the possibility of a beta invite. i enjoy retail less and less by the day as i see more and more classic content.

lets say you are right, that just means blizzard is reading the situation wrong. classic isn’t funneling into retail, it’s the opposite. people are going to leave retail in droves. mark my words. they already have honestly. most people still logging in are mentally checked out lmao.

i wonder what the team situation is like there. is the classic team a fringe group or is blizz seeing the community hype here and loading the roster. maybe they don’t need to, but i cant imagine the retail dev team not thinking “wtf man?”

2 Likes

Asmon took Sunday off, esfand wasn’t around much either. Clearly the streamers all quit.

Well the PvE server certainly does. My guild is hopping, but the server in general is pretty quiet.

I was putting my money on the FFXIV launch window personally. What better way to drown out a competitor than with cap raise and streamer interest.

4 Likes

we hav all we need ~ blizzard

That’s why hardly ANYONE PLAYS on the PVE sever.

I do like how twitch sent an email showing the most pop. streamers are all fortnight

I volunteer as tribute. Even though I’ll only make it to level 10 in two months.

2 Likes

This atm, honestly is the main concern.

Hard to keep making new toons and spamming the same 1-30 content… On my third already.

The people sitting on these forums whining about beta aren’t fresh eyes and ears, they crusty.

I hear more about 8.2 then I do classic. I think the hype for classic is dying, for good reason, which is this, getting burned out. There’s players that wont get burned out, but the list of people that will, is rather high. The people playing right now vs those that aren’t is a perfect representation of how classic wow works at end game. They only play when something knew shows up or happens. This is the sad truth about classic wow when it comes to retail. But retail does have it’s problem also.

1 Like

jesus, it’s only been just under 3 weeks since the beta came out
still more than 2 months until it’s released

they’re probably running through the list of 1-30 fixes
then somewhere down the line, they’ll bump it to 60 and tackle those bugs

it doesn’t need more people
and you probably won’t get in anyway
stop complaining

2 Likes

I’ll be playing the Shadowbringers expansion. It will be perfect, play the FFXIV expansion for two months to keep me busy, then the real game I am waiting for Classic will be out!

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, where are you hearing more about 8.2 than classic?

I haven’t heard one single thing about 8.2 or retail in general in quite a while.

4 Likes

And 30 is only halfway to 45 by time investment… which itself is only halfway to 60 by time investment.

We’re gonna need time to actually test those bits, too =)

Yep, this is what I’ll be doing. It’s perfect timing tbh.